Samsung Electronics Recognized for Design and Technology Innovation at the 2017 Consumer Electronics Show
2017 Wins Include 34 CES Innovation Awards and More than 80 Best of CES Honors
- RIDGEFIELD PARK, N.J. – January 7, 2017 – Samsung Electronics today announced that it has won more than 120 awards at the 2017 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), and continues to receive recognition in categories spanning the home entertainment, home appliance and mobile categories. Samsung is humbled to be honored at CES alongside fellow innovators and the next-generation technologies that are shaping the future of everyday life.
Among Samsung’s CES 2017 notable wins are 34 CES 2017 Innovation Awards, including a Best of Innovation Award in the video display category. Samsung was also recognized with a number of media and industry awards, selected by organizations in attendance at the event out of more than 3,880 exhibitors.
“As CES celebrates its 50th anniversary, it’s amazing to see how far we’ve come as an industry. This past year was marked with an array of unique developments in product design and engineering,” said Gregory Lee, president and CEO of Samsung Electronica North America. “We are honored to be recognized year after year by CTA and the industry for our innovative products and developments, and remain committed to delivering products that are thoughtfully designed to work the way you live.”
Samsung’s award winning products for 2017 include:
- Samsung’s new QLED TV line-up received more than 20 notable awards including four CES Innovation Awards, Reviewed.com’s Editor’s Choice award, Ubergizmo’s Best of CES award and HD Guru’s CES Top Picks award
- Samsung’s new Lifestyle TV, which is designed to appear just like a picture would appear on a wall, collected the Best of Innovation award from CTA as well as Popular Mechanic’s Editor’s Choice award
- Samsung’s FlexWash + FlexDry were honored with two CES Innovation Awards and an array of media accolades, including the Techlicious Best of CES award, Reviewed.com’s Editor’s Choice award, The Verge’s Best of CES award and a TWICE Picks award
- Samsung’s Chromebook Plus and Pro garnered wins from Digital Trend’s Top Tech of CES awards, Wired’s Best of CES awards, BGR’s Best Laptops of CES awards, LAPTOP / Tom’s Guide Best of CES awards, Gear Patrol’s Best Products from CES awards and 9to5Google’s Best of CES picks
For more information on Samsung at CES 2017, please visit: news.samsung.com/
About Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, N.J., Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), is a recognized innovative leader in consumer electronics, mobile devices and enterprise solutions. A wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., SEA is pushing beyond the limits of today’s technology and providing consumers and organizations with a portfolio of groundbreaking products in appliances, home entertainment, Internet of Things, mobile computing, smartphones, virtual reality, wireless infrastructure and wearables, in addition to offering leading content and services related to mobile payments, 360-degree VR video, customer support and more. Samsung is a pioneering leader in smartphones and HDTVs in the U.S. and one of America’s fastest growing home appliance brands. To discover more about Samsung, please visit www.samsung.com/ae
For the latest Samsung news, please visit news.samsung.com/us and follow us @SamsungNewsUS.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies. The company is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. For the latest news, please visit Samsung Newsroom at http://news.samsung.com.