WARRANTY SERVICE POLICY & PROCEDURES
SAMSUNG offers warranty service for all our different mix of products. Below is a description of the services offered for the various product groups:
SAMSUNG products carry a full warranty for the period specified. Some SAMSUNG products carry different warranty periods due to the nature of the product's design, manufacture or expected use, the warranty applies from the date of purchase by the first customer.
General Terms & Conditions
- The warranty is valid only when the warranty card is properly completed, and upon presentation of the proof of purchase consisting of original invoice or sales slip indicating the date of purchase, dealer's name, model and serial no.of the product. SAMSUNG reserves the right to refuse warranty if this information has been removed or changed after the original purchase of the product from the dealer.
- SAMSUNG's obligations are limited to repair of the defect or replacement the defective part or at its discretion replacement of the product itself.
- Warranty repairs must be carried out by a SAMSUNG Authorized Service Centre. Warranty cover will be void, even if a repair has been attempted by any unauthorized service centre. SAMSUNG shall not be liable for reimbursements,claims and damages that may result from the unauthorized repair of the product.
- Repair or replacement under the terms of this warranty does not provide right to extension or renewal of the warranty period. Repair or direct replacement of the product under the terms of this warranty may be full filled with functionally equivalent service exchange units.
- The warranty is not applicable to cases other than defects in material, design and workmanship.
The warranty does not cover the following:
Periodic checks, maintenance, repair and replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear.
Abuse or misuse, including but not solely limited to the failure to use this product for its normal purposes or in accordance with SAMSUNG's instructions on usage and maintenance. Defects resulting from usage of the product in conjunction with accessories that are not approved by SAMSUNG for use with this product.
Failure of the product arising from incorrect installation or use not consistent with the instructions and technical or safety standards prescribed in the product user manual.
Accidents, Acts of God, lightning, water, fire, public disturbances, improper ventilation, voltage fluctuations or anycause beyond the control of SAMSUNG.
Unauthorized modifications carried out to the product in order to comply with local or international technical standards in countries for which this SAMSUNG product was not originally designed.
Damage of the battery caused by overcharging or failure to use in accordance with the specific instructions of core outlined in the product user manual. The serial no. on the product has been altered, deleted, removed or made illegible.
The batteries are charged by chargers other than those approved by SAMSUNG.
Any of the seals on the battery enclosure or cells are broken or show evidence of tampering.
- This warranty does not affect the consumers'statutory rights nor the consumers'rights against the dealer related to their purchase/sales agreement.
- This warranty is not transferable. This warranty will be the purchasers'sole and exclusive remedy and neither SAMSUNG nor its service centres listed in this warranty document shall be liable for any incidental or consequential damages or breach of any express or implied warranty of this product. DISCLAIMER: SAMSUNG shall not be liable for the loss of any saved/stored data in products that are either repaired or replaced.
The above policies are for warranty service and the customer will be responsible for any costs associated with non-warranty conditions. SAMSUNG reserves the right to make final decisions regarding problem determinationand the appropriate service option. Exchange units assume the remaining warranty of the original product. Please refer to your SAMSUNG Limited Warranty Statement for complete terms and conditions, as some models have other terms and conditions. Some limitations and restrictions apply and these programmes are subject to change without prior notice.