- Website Guide
- Computer Guide
- I want to see things larger.
- I want to change my text and background colours.
- I want to change my font type.
- I want my computer to read text.
- I want to make my keyboard easier to use.
- I want to make my mouse easier to use.
- I want to voice-control my computer.
I want to use my keyboard shortcuts.
Most people think that a computer has to be operated with the mouse and that, if you cannot use a mouse, you cannot use your computer.
This is not the case. In fact not only your computer be operated entirely from the keyboard, but doing so can often be faster and easier than using the mouse.
Common keyboard shortcuts in Windows
Below are the most frequently used keyboard shortcuts for Windows.
Top ten shortcuts
1. ' F1 ' - Displays the help file for the current program.
2. ' Alt ' + ' letter ' - activates the menu represented by the letter, where letter is the underlined letter in the menu title for
example ' File ' would be ' Alt ' + ' F '.
3. ' Ctrl ' + ' Z ' - Undo the last action.
4. ' Alt ' + ' Tab ' - Quickly switch between current running programs.
5. ' Windows Key ' + ' D ' - Shows your desktop.
6. ' Windows Key ' + ' E ' - Starts Windows Explorer.
7. ' Windows Key ' + ' U ' - Displays the Windows utility manager dialog box for controlling accessibility options.
8. ' Ctrl ' + ' C ' - Copies selected text\graphics to the clipboard.
9. ' Ctrl ' + ' V ' - Pastes text\graphics from the clipboard.
10. ' Ctrl ' + ' X ' - Cuts selected text\graphics to the clipboard.