The Pharmaceutical Industry is benefiting from an innovative mobile customer relations management (M-CRM) system that works through the Samsung GALAXY S, giving customers efficient, secure data at extremely competitive prices.
Pharmaceuticals & Life Science
5860 (As of 2011)
NTT Docomo Smartphone Remote Control
A solution which can limit use of devices in accordance with the policy of the company. Especially, it can prevent outflow of business data and security actions can be taken remotely
- Changeover to a group system which can adequately cope with diverse consumer requirements
- Implementation of a distribution system which aims at safe and stable supply of medicine
- Establishment of a new distribution system in which real-time checking and inventory search are made possible by adopting a mobile CRM solution
- Support for real-time inventory search under client/server environment by adopting smartphones in business and support departments
- Company policy limiting the use of devices
- Preventing leaks of business data due to outflow of devices
A major criteria for product selection was whether a security and stability solution for the smartphone which is one of the biggest considerations in adopting a mobile solution will be provided or not.
- NTT Docomo Smartphone Remote Control
- GALAXY S
Samsung GALAXY S was the only supplier which met the deadline to upgrade the latest version of Android OS within the desired timeframe, and was the only model which provided a remote control service through close cooperation with NTT Docomo. It was a solution which could resolve any security concerns arising from the loss of smartphones, and offered functions such as initialisation of screen lock and remote execution of security actions.
- Implementation of a new distribution system with the focus on stability and security as well as reducing costs
- Long-term cost reduction by adopting the mobile solution, which can replace more than 80% of business conducted using existing notebook computers
- Enhancement in customer satisfaction through real-time checking and inventory search
This was a successful case study in the m-CRM market of the Japanese drug manufacturing industry and will have an important influence on the introduction of m-CRM in the future. It was possible to implement a new distribution system with the focus on stability, security, and low costs. Important data could be protected in preparation for loss of smartphones, by adopting a solution through cooperation with a communications company and a security-related manufacturer.