Samsung Galaxy Bonus Micro SD Card Promotion Terms and Conditions
- Instructions on how to claim and the offer form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this "Samsung Galaxy Bonus Micro SD Card Promotion" ("Promotion") is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. This Promotion is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- The promoter is Samsung Electronics Australia Pty Ltd ABN 63 002 915 648 of 3 Murray Rose Avenue, Sydney Olympic Park, NSW 2127 ("Promoter" or "Samsung").
- The Promotion commences at 12:01am AEST on Friday, 5 August 2016 and closes at 11:59pm AEST on Thursday, 18 August 2016 ("Promotional Period"). The Promotion may be extended at the Promoter’s absolute discretion.
- For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions:
- "Gift" means a Samsung 256 GB Micro SD Card model number MB-MC256DA/APC, valued at RRP $299.95;
- "immediate families" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin;
- "Participating Product" means a Samsung Galaxy Note7 model number SM-N930; and
- "Participating Retail Store" means each of:
- the Samsung Online Store, accessible at http://www.samsung.com/au/shop/;
- each retail store in Australia operated by the Promoter known as a "Samsung Experience Store"
- retail stores in Australia operated by Telstra Corporation Limited ABN 33 051 775 556;
- retail stores in Australia operated by Optus Networks Pty Limited ABN 92 008 570 330;
- retail stores in Australia operated by Vodafone Hutchison Australia Pty Limited ABN 76 096 304 620; and
- other retail stores in Australia that may be nominated by the Promoter to participate in this Promotion from time to time,
- To be eligible to claim the Gift, a claimant must, during the Promotional Period:
- not be a an employee of the Promoter, or any agency associated with this Promotion, or any immediate family member of such a person;
- be an Australian resident aged 18 years or over with an Australian postal address or, if the claimant is not aged 18 years or over, obtain consent from their parent or guardian to enter into the Promotion; or
- be a business or company with a registered office in Australia and an ABN, ACN or ARBN;
- purchase a Participating Product from a Participating Retail Store, either as part of a mobile phone plan or for cash, and provide to that Participating Retail Store personal details including full name, phone number, email address, postal address and residential address;
- obtain from the Participating Retail Store a tax invoice that includes the purchased Participating Product, and keep the original tax invoice for a period of six months following the Promotion; and
- follow any other reasonable directions provided by the Participating Retail Store or the Promoter in relation to the Promotion, (each eligible claimant, an "Eligible Claimant" and each eligible claim, an "Eligible Claim").
- The number of Eligible Claims that may be made by one claimant is unlimited. An Eligible Claimant is entitled to one Gift per Eligible Claim.
- Following the end of the Promotional Period, the Participating Retail Store from which a Participating Product was purchased as part of an Eligible Claim will organise for a Gift to be either: (i) sent to the Eligible Claimant, at the address notified to the Participating Retail Store at the time of purchase; or (ii) picked up in-store by the Eligible Claimant at the Participating Retail Store where the Participating Product was purchased. Where practicable, that Participating Retail Store will arrange this within 28 days of the end of the Promotional Period.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or ineligible claims will be deemed invalid. Eligible Claimants are responsible for ensuring their correct contact email and address details are provided and any updated details are notified to the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility should an Eligible Claimant fail to receive a Gift because of a failure to notify the Participating Retail Store of correct details or of a change to those details.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims or claimants (including a claimant’s identity, age, place of residence) and to disqualify any claimant who makes a claim that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the claim process. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter may reclaim the Gift from any Eligible Claimant if the initially purchased Participating Product is returned for a refund after the claim has been fulfilled. This clause does not limit or affect the Eligible Claimant’s rights with regards to warranties on the Participating Product, either from the manufacturer or implied by legislation.
- The Gift is not transferable or exchangeable and is not redeemable for cash.
- The value of the Gift is correct as at 5 August 2016 and the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in value.
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any claimant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate, subject to the approval of any relevant regulatory authorities.
- Subject to clause 16, the Promoter and all Participating Retail Stores (including their respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence) to the fullest extent permitted by law, for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s or the Participating Retail Store’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any variation in the value of the Gift; (d) any tax liability incurred by a claimant (whether or not an Eligible Claimant); or (e) the use of the Gift.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify any consumer rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) ("CCA") or any other legislation which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement. If the CCA or any other legislation implies a condition, warranty or term into the Terms and Conditions or provides statutory guarantees in connection with these Terms and Conditions, in respect of goods and services supplied (if any), the Promoter's liability for breach of such a condition, warranty, other term or guarantee is limited to (at the Promoter's election) to the extent it is able to do so: (a) in the case of supply of goods, the Promoter doing any one or more of the following: (i) replacing the goods or supplying equivalent goods; (ii) repairing the goods; (iii) paying the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; and/or (iv) paying the cost of having the goods repaired; or (b) in the case of supply of services, the Promoter doing either or both of the following: (i) supply the services again; and/or (ii) paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
- This Promotion is governed by the laws of New South Wales and each claimant (whether or not an Eligible Claimant) submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State.
but excludes any online bidding or auction websites (including www.ebay.com.au) or any unauthorised retailers or second hand store. The Promoter recommends that prior to purchasing a Participating Product, the claimant verify that the retailer is authorised to participate in this Promotion;
Eligibility and Claims
Consumer promotion support is available at:
Phone: 1300 362 603