4K Ultra HD1
High Dynamic Range2
Smart Hub AV4
Play 4K Blu-ray™ discs and streaming video
With four times the resolution of Samsung's conventional Blu-ray™ players, watching Ultra HD Blu-ray™ discs and streaming video from UBD-K8500 on a 4K TV rewards with superbly detailed pictures.1
Enhanced colours from HDR movie content
See great colour depth and contrast when you play HDR Ultra HD movie content from UBD-K8500 on your HDR-compatible TV.2
Enhanced DVD and Blu-ray™ pictures
Designed to make images from Blu-ray™ and DVD discs look smooth and sharp, UHD Upscaling helps produce great pictures from your existing movie collection on a 4K TV.3
Watch Blu-ray™ discs, DVD and CD collections
Be ready for the latest Ultra HD movie content while making the most of your existing music and movie collections, with Blu-ray™, DVD and CD playback on UBD-K8500.1
Bring smart features to your TV
Stream from popular movie and TV apps, surf the web, and play photos, music and video from compatible devices. The Smart Hub brings fantastic entertainment to any connected TV.4
Share content from small screens, to the big screen
View the app, video or web page from your compatible device on a TV connected to the UBD-K8500, and use the device's touchscreen to control the action.4
Play media from USB devices
Plug a compatible device into the USB port and ConnectShare Movie can play stored movies, photos and songs to your connected TV.5
One cable. Simple setup.
With only a single HDMI cable needed to connect UBD-K8500 to your TV, creating a high performance movie system can be simplicity itself.6
- 7.1 ch Dolby Decoding Channel
- 2 HDMI Out
- 1.9 kg Product Weight
- 406.0 x 44.7 x 230.0 Product Dimension (HxWxD) mm
My Blu-ray player is not showing any display after updating the firmware to ver 1004My Blu-ray player is not showing any display after updating the firmware to ver 1004 See The Answer
Blu-ray player cannot connect to a wireless networkBlu-ray player cannot connect to a wireless networkSee The Answer
How It Stacks Up
Features and specifications are subject to change without prior notification.
1. To view in 4K Ultra HD, a 4K Ultra HD TV and 4K content are required.
2. Only available on HDR content.
3. Picture quality of upscaled content may vary depending on source content. Picture quality of low-resolution video will not reach UHD quality.
4. Smart Hub. Certain features, apps and services require express consent for the collection and use of personal information, may not be available on all models and in all regions, are subject to change without notice and may be subject to third party service provider agreements. Internet connection required. Data, subscription or other charges may apply.
5. Samsung takes copyright seriously. Only share content that you own or have the right to share.
6. Compatible device required. Smart View App required for non-Samsung devices. Windows™ devices are incompatible. Wi-Fi network and internet required. Data charges may apply. Feature works with selected apps only. Streaming apps cannot be shared or mirrored.
7. To view in 3D, a 3D TV and 3D glasses are required.
8. Picture quality of upscaled content may vary depending on source content.
9. Certain types of USB support devices may not be compatible with TV depending on factors such as USB memory size and power supply.
10. HDMI-CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) facilitates convenient control functions with compatible devices.
* Key feature may different from Key Spec
 To view in 4K, a 4K Ultra HD TV and 4K content are required.
 Only available on HDR content. HDR content to be available in Australia from May 2016.
 Picture quality of upscaled content may vary depending on source content. Picture quality of low-resolution video will not reach UHD quality.
 Wi-Fi network and internet connection required. Data, subscription and other charges may apply. Compatible device required. WindowsTM devices are incompatible. Applications may need to be downloaded. Smart View App required for non-Samsung devices. Feature works with selected apps only. Streaming apps cannot be shared or mirrored.
 Certain types of USB support devices may not be compatible with Samsung Ultra HD Blu-rayTM Player and your TV depending on factors such as USB memory size and power supply.
 HDMI cable is sold separately.