Chocolate Tart Recipe
By Samsung Australia, 19.06.2015.
Like your desserts rich and chocolatey on a biscuit base? Then read on for Eric Frechon's Chocolate Tart recipe.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Resting time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for 4 servings
For the sweet pastry:
- 310 g Flour
- 175 g Butter
- 125 g Icing Sugar
- 30 g Almond Powder
- 1 Egg
- Vanilla Essence
- Pinch Salt
- 250 g Dried Lentils or Pie Weights
- 300 g Liquid Cream
- 250 g Pure (Caribbean) Chocolate
- 20 g Butter, Softened
To make the sweet pastry case:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine the slightly softened butter, icing sugar and almond powder in a bowl.
- Knead by hand.
- Then add the egg, a drizzle of vanilla essence and a pinch of salt, and mix again.
- Add the flour, combine well and form into a ball of dough.
- Line a pie pan with baking paper.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the pastry and then fit it into the pie pan.
- Cover the pastry with baking paper, fill with the lentils (or other pie weights) and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. (The lentils or pie weights will prevent the pastry from puffing up.)
- Remove from the oven, remove the lentils and the baking paper. Set the pastry shell aside.
- Bring the cream to a boil in a saucepan.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the chocolate.
- Remove the cream from the heat, and add the chopped chocolate.
- Add the butter, stirring constantly to melt the chocolate and butter and to obtain a smooth, creamy texture.
- Set aside to cool for a few minutes, and then pour the chocolate into the pastry shell.
- Place the tart in the refrigerator to cool for about 30 minutes.
This pie can be made in advance, but it is important to remove it from the refrigerator one hour before serving, for a creamier texture.