Roasted Duck Breast Recipe
By Eric Trochon, 28.04.2015.
Roasted duck breast and carrot tagliatelle with honey, cumin and sesame by Chef Eric Trochon
Preparation: 20 min
Cooking time: 15 min
for 5 servings:
2 duck breasts
850 g carrots
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon Sichuan pepper
Herbs for decoration
Sea salt and black pepper
Edible yellow flowers
- Place the duck fillets flesh-side down on a cutting board and score the fat with diagonal incisions.
- Turn the breasts flesh-side up, rub with a mixture of sea salt, crushed Sichuan pepper and black pepper, and wrap in plastic film. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Using a vegetable slicer (such as a Japanese mandolin), slice the carrots into long, thin ribbons resembling tagliatella noodles.
- Cook the carrot tagliatelle in the steam oven tray for 2 min. Set aside and cool at room temperature.
- Heat the honey in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Once it begins to foam, pour in the vinegar.
- Reduce slowly for 4 min, and then remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- Place the duck, fat-side down, on the oven rack. Bake for 18 min at 170 °C
- After 18 min, remove to a plate and set aside to rest in a warm place for 15 min.
- Reheat the carrot tagliatelle in a skillet, season with a dash of sesame oil.
- Place the carrots on heated plates, and sprinkle evenly with toasted cumin seeds and sesame seeds.
- Slice the duck breast into thick pieces, arrange on plates next to the carrots. Spoon the honey sauce over the carrots.
- Finish with droplets of honey sauce around the meat.