Sweet Potato Mochi Recipe
By Christopher Kostow, 02.06.2015.
Connoisseurs of exotic dessert will love Mochi, a Japanese glutinous rice cake made even more sumptuous with Sweet Potato, Yam and Kuzu.
Ingredients for 50 servings, 2 ½ cm square (1 inch)
500 ml sweet potato juice
500 ml yam juice
150 g kuzu
150 ml water
Two ¼ trays
Two sheets of acetate
1. In a bowl, mix the 150g kuzu and 150ml water into a thin soup.
2. In a large pot, mix the 500ml Sweet Potato and 500ml Yam juice.
3. Start boiling the juice mixture. It will thicken as it cooks.
4. Continue boiling until the starches break down, then take it off the boil.
5. Now add the Yuzu-soup to the thickened juice.
6. Bring the combined liquid to a boil for 30 seconds, then remove the pot from heat.
7. Pour the contents onto a ¼ tray lined with a sheet of acetate.
8. Place a second sheet of acetate on the top surface
9. Add a second ¼ tray and press gently using just a little pressure.
10. Cool completely before removing from the tray and portioning into 1" squares.