Share it around
By Samsung Australia, 07.12.2015.
Play content from compatible small screen devices to Samsung Smart TV, and from the big screen to the small!
Samsung Smart TV can be the digital hub of your home, working with compatible smartphones, tablets, notebooks and cameras to share content to your screens.
That's important, because in today's world we all don't just use one screen at a time. We might want to browse the web, check email and update our social media while we watch TV, and take our favourite TV shows with us as we move around the house.1
We might want to enjoy home videos on the big screen in the living room rather than crowd around the PC in the study1, or play a slideshow of photos on the TV instead of on your smartphone.2
With a home network and Samsung's Smart View and Content Sharing features, there are many ways to use compatible smartphones, tablets and other devices with a Samsung Smart TV, making it easy to enjoy what you want.1,2
With Content Sharing, you can stream video and photos from a compatible PC and watch them on the big screen. Enjoy a slideshow of holiday snaps and share home movies from the comfort of the couch, not hunched over a computer screen. And when you arrive home listening to music on a compatible smartphone, there's no need to interrupt your flow – just beam your tunes across to your Samsung Smart Blu-ray™ Home Theatre System or Samsung Smart TV and carry on rocking. 1
With Wireless LAN built-in on all Samsung Smart TV models, getting onto your home network and ready to play with other compatible devices can be neat and easy. Wi-Fi is also built into Samsung Blu-ray™ Players and Home Theatre Systems, they can share content to any connected compatible Samsung Smart TV.
Want to take the free-to-air TV program you're watching with you as you move around the house? With Smart View you can stream it to a compatible smartphone or tablet, making it easy to keep up with the news outside at the BBQ... and watch the big game in the smallest room of the house™!
With Smart View, you can also stream a movie from a connected Samsung BD-H8500 Blu-ray™ Player to your compatible mobile device. The kids can watch on a compatible tablet in one room, while you enjoy TV on the big screen. 2
Browsing photos, reading emails, viewing apps or watching video clips on your compatible smartphone and need a closer look? Screen Mirroring lets you swipe the display from your compatible small screen to the big screen of a compatible Samsung Smart TV – no need to hunt around for your specs! What's more, you can use the touchscreen on your compatible device to zoom images, scroll web pages and track through video while you watch the content on your compatible Samsung Smart TV.3
Let's get physical
Of course, you don't have to have a wireless home network to appreciate how Samsung connectivity features can make entertainment easy.
If you have movies, music, or photos on a USB drive or external hard drive, plug it in and ConnectShare Movie on compatible Samsung Smart TVs, Blu-ray ™ Players and Home Theatre Systems can play your media.4
With the handy USB PVR feature, select Samsung Smart TVs can record free-to-air TV straight to a connected USB thumb drive or hard drive. 4, 5
Bluetooth ® lets you pair compatible PCs, tablets, and smartphones to select Samsung Smart TVs, Home Theatre Systems, Blu-ray™ Players and Soundbars, for quick and easy music streaming. With TV SoundConnect, you can even beam full surround audio between a compatible Samsung Smart TV and a Samsung Soundbar.6
And for exceptional quality, connect your Samsung Smart TV to a Blu-ray ™ Recorder or Home Theatre System via HDMI7 – a single cable can carry HD video and audio, even in 3D.8
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
1. Compatible mobile device required. Smart View App required for non-Samsung devices. Windows™ devices are incompatible. Wi-Fi network and internet required. Data charges may apply. Feature works with selected apps only. Streaming apps cannot be shared.
2. Compatible mobile device required. Smart View App required for non-Samsung devices. Windows™ devices are incompatible. Wi-Fi network and internet required. Data charges may apply. Source content must be different (e.g. free-to-air or USB). Dual tuner TVs can play and send two different free-to-air channels.
3. Compatible Wi-Fi direct-enabled Samsung mobile device required. Streaming apps cannot be mirrored.
4. Certain types of USB support devices may not be compatible with TV depending on factors such as USB memory size and power supply.
5. Samsung takes copyright seriously. Samsung's features and applications are intended solely for private and domestic use. Any other use may be contrary to the law, including copyright law. Samsung does not authorise any use of its features and applications that infringe copyright or are otherwise contrary to law.
6. TV SoundConnect is available with Samsung Soundbars and Multiroom Speakers only, and is only compatible with J5500 series models and higher Bluetooth®-enabled Samsung Smart TVs.
7. HDMI cable is sold separately.
8. To view in 3D, a 3D TV and 3D glasses are required.
^ Certain features, apps and services require express consent for the collection and use of personal information and/or separately sold accessories, and are subject to third party agreements. Internet connection required. Data, subscription or other charges may app