SYDNEY, Australia – 30 November, 2012 – Samsung Electronics Australia, has introduced its new Smart Series Refrigerator (SRF800WGDLS) with WiFi capabilities* enabling families to stay organised and connected in the kitchen. The stunning and stylish Smart Series Refrigerator is a French Door model that features an 8-inch LCD touchscreen with eight built-in apps, and a convenient counter-height drawer with temperature control for exceptional flexibility.
“We recognise at Samsung that our customers want smarter home appliances to complement their lives,” said Mike Lilly, Head of Home Appliances for Samsung Electronics Australia. “The new Smart Series Refrigerator extends the way we connect by helping busy families organise, plan and share through its smart applications for the fridge. These applications range from Google Calendar to help families keep track of upcoming events, through to the Grocery manager that helps keep track of the food and beverages that are stored in the fridge.”
WiFi Enabled with Apps
Leaving notes for the family, showcasing holiday photos, perusing through thousands of recipes and setting calendar appointments can all be done with ease through the Smart Series Refrigerators WiFi capability and built in apps*:
• Epicurus – Stuck for dinner ideas? Search through 1,000s of great recipes
• Memo – Leave notes and reminders for yourself and loved ones. Messages can be inserted by handwriting or keyboard with adjustable pen thickness, colour or eraser thickness and can be attached to the home screen as a reminder.
• Google Calendar – View and schedule upcoming events and sync with your compatible phone
• Photo album – Share photos of loved ones and special memories with Photo Album. Photos can be uploaded via All share, SD Card or Picasa Website and used to create a rolling slideshow.
• WeatherBug – Check the weather before leaving home and never be caught in the rain again. WeatherBug provides virtually real-time weather information including day, night, temperature, wind, humidity and alerts.
• Grocery manager – Keep track of your groceries in the fridge and add items to shopping lists automatically.
• AP News / Twitter – Stay up to date with the latest news and share updates with friends and family.
Bringing innovation to design and style, the Smart Series Refrigerator has four doors finished in layered steel complementing any kitchen décor. Samsung’s SPACE technology helps enhance the capacity of the fridge, without adding extra size compared to Samsung fridges without SPACE technology.
The Flexi middle drawer is designed to meet the unique demands of your family’s tastes and needs. Independently temperature controlled from the fridge & freezer and provides four pre-set temperatures settings (Meat / Fish Soft Defrost -1°C, Cold Drinks 1°C, Deli / snacks 3°C and Wine Chill 5°C) for outstanding freshness.
Helping keep food fresher for a long time, Samsung’s innovative Twin Cooling Plus does this by controlling and generating cooling air for the refrigerator and freezer separately with two evaporators, two fan systems and precise electronic control. The Twin Cooling System® maintains humidity and temperature levels that are just right to help keep your food fresh.
Availability and Warranty
The new Samsung Smart Series Refrigerator is only available at Harvey Norman for a RRP of $4,999. Samsung is also offering a 10 year parts warranty on The Digital Inverter Compressor, to provide extra peace of mind to all consumers.
|SRF800WGDLS||8 built in applications (Epicurus, Memo, Google Calendar, Photo Album, WeatherBug, Grocery Manager, AP News, Twitter), 8 inch Touch Screen LCD Dispenser, 4-temperature zones in middle drawer (-1ºC meat / fish, 1ºC chilled beer, 3ºC deli / snack, 5ºC wine / ready to serve) , Convertible middle flexi drawer, Counter height middle drawer, Twin Cooling Plus™, SPACE Technology, Safety Glass Shelving, LED Lighting, EZ Open Freezer Handles, Layered Steel Finish, Flexible Capacity, Energy rating 2.0 stars||$4,999.00|
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. creates more possibilities for more people, in more countries, than any other technology company. Samsung has become the global leader in consumer electronics and their components by bringing relentless innovation to a product portfolio that includes televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, refrigerators and memory chips. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
Assistant Account Executive
Level 7, 1 York St
Sydney NSW 2000
Direct +61 (0) 2 9291 3363
Mobile +61 (0) 425 215 267