Smartphones by Samsung
AN ENDLESS WORLD OF POSSIBILITIES
Samsung Apps provides you with a variety of mobile applications especially developed and carefully selected for Samsung Mobile Phones. It’s a new Samsung mobile world, with a brand-new mobile experience waiting for you. Browse, download and play applications anytime, anywhere on your mobile.
2011 Sydney Morning Herald &
The Age Good Food Guide
The Samsung GALAXY S II comes with the 2011 The Sydney Morning Herald & The Age Good Food Guide App™ pre-loaded with a free 30 day trial* for both the Sydney Morning Herald and The Age versions. With more than 1,500 reviews and awards from the 2011 book (RRP $29.95), the app allows you to rate, review, locate and reserve a seat at the best restaurants across NSW, VIC and other highly regarded dining locations across the country. The app also lets you share reviews with friends on Twitter and Facebook and record Video and post it straight to the web including your YouTube account, Facebook page and Twitter page.
- Key Features include:
- No internet or a mobile network connection required to browse which means it's extremely fast, with quick page load times and you won’t incur any connection fees (a connection is required for some features)
- Find A Restaurant’ button lets browsers scroll through the restaurant listings from A-Z
- ‘Food Around Me’ shows the closest Good Food Guide restaurants on a map
- Filter by price, restaurant rating, facilities and opening hours
- Links to restaurant websites and detailed maps
- Share reviews with friends on Twitter and Facebook
- Existing GALAXY handset users can download the trial Good Food Guide App from Samsung Apps**
* After the trial period, a one-off fee of $4.99 is required for continued use of the app
** Internet download fees may apply. After the trial period, a one-off fee of $4.99 is required for continued use of the app
FREE Turn by Turn Navigation
With NAVIGON’s turn-by-turn navigation, the Samsung GALAXY S II transforms into a premium navigation device. Using preloaded Australian and New Zealand maps from NAVTEQ, no data charges apply for using navigation, and FREE map updates every 3 months are included!* NAVIGON delivers 2D and 3D map views, turn-by-turn voice guidance, drive and walk modes and intelligent address search. In addition, the application features Reality View Pro for photo-realistic displays of directions and Google Local Search for the most up to date point of interest search results. Add-on packages are available for purchase, giving you access to extra features such as speed alerts, safety cameras and live traffic reports.
* Map updates are offered free of charge upon activation of the FreshMaps package and guaranteed for a 2 year period; after this time a fee may apply for further map updates.
Samsung GALAXY S II comes with the complete adventure game, Glyder 2 by Glu, available for download from Samsung Apps. Glyder 2 follows the story of Eryn as she once again finds herself in a foreign dimension and needs your help to unlock the mysteries of her new environment in an effort find a way back home. Soar through the skies and swoop through tight caverns to explore the wondrous mysteries throughout the land. Customize your adventure by uncovering and collecting all new sets of wings and outfits.
- Features include:
- Explore 6 new worlds using pick-up-and-play tilt controls
- Customise Eryn
- Challenge yourself with new mini-games and puzzles
- Find more collectables and rewards
You can easily expand the functionality of the GALAXY S II with an abundant choice of applications, now available for download straight from the Android Market™. The multitude of free and premium paid applications offered is sure to satisfy your every need and want.