To ensure Samsung Customer Care provides thorough assistance with your claim:
The immediate priority is to have your product(s) assessed by an Samsung Authorised Service Centre. This is essential for Samsung to fully investigate the product issue.
We aim to complete the assessment as quickly as possible, and with minimal disruption, so you can resume using your Samsung product(s) quickly and safely.
WARRANTY FOR SAMSUNG PRODUCTS
(AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEMS)
AirCon Warranty Card.pdf
PART I GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Australian Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (including the Australian Consumer Law) as well as other Australian laws guarantee certain conditions, warranties and undertakings, and give you other legal rights, in relation to the quality and fitness for purpose of Samsung products sold in Australia.
In Australia, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. What constitutes a major failure is set out in the Australian Consumer Law.
Nothing in this Warranty purports to modify or exclude the conditions, warranties and undertakings, and other legal rights, under the Australian Competition and Consumer Act and other Australian laws. This Warranty gives you additional protection for your Samsung product, and identifies a preferred approach to resolving warranty claims which will be quickest and simplest for all parties, subject to the exclusions, terms and conditions below.
I. Coverage and Application
- A. Samsung Electronics Australia Pty Ltd of 3 Murray Rose Avenue, Homebush Bay NSW Australia 2127 ("Samsung") warrants that your Samsung product:
- is of acceptable quality;
- does not have a latent defect.
- B. For the purpose of this Warranty, a "Samsung product" is a product which:
but does not include any hardware or software which is packaged or sold with a Samsung product unless that is itself s Samsung product
or that item is incorporated into the Samsung product or, in the case of software, pre-loaded onto the Samsung product at the time of sale.
- was manufactured by or on behalf of Samsung; and
- bears a trade mark owned or used by Samsung (generally "SAMSUNG"); and
- was sold by an Authorised Reseller or Distributor of Samsung; and
- was purchased in Australia,
II. Warranty Period
- A. The period during which this Warranty is in effect will depend upon the Samsung product to which it relates. In all cases the commencement date for the period is the actual day of purchase, as reflected on the Authorised Reseller's or Distributor’s invoice / receipt provided to you. The period during which each Samsung product which is the subject of this Warranty is covered by this Warranty is identified in Part II of this Warranty.
III. Warranty Claim
- A. If you consider that the Samsung product which you have purchased is not of acceptable quality, has a latent defect, or is otherwise not compliant with the conditions, warranties, undertakings, and legal rights given to you under Australian Law (for example, it appears faulty, or does not work at all or properly), you can make a claim under this Warranty.
- B. Except where an International Product Warranty has been provided with your Samsung product, warranty service will only be provided in the specific country where the Samsung product was originally purchased. For example, if you have purchased the Samsung product within Australia, warranty service will be limited to Australia only.
- C. If you purchased this product in Australia and wish to make a claim under this Warranty, you should:
- contact 1300 362 603;
- visit the nearest Samsung Customer Service Plaza; or
- visit www.samsung.com/au.
PRODUCT ONLINE REGISTRATION
You can register your product online at www.samsung.com/au. While registration is not necessary to make a claim under this Warranty, it may assist Samsung to process any claim which you may make more quickly.
- D. When you make any claim under this Warranty it is essential that you provide a copy of your proof of purchase of the Samsung product, whether in person, by email or by fax. A claim under this Warranty is not formally made unless and until that proof of purchase is provided. This does not detract from your statutory rights.
- E. You will not be able to gain the benefit of this Warranty without making a claim.
A claim must be made within the Warranty Period. This Warranty does not cover any defects not notified to Samsung within the Warranty Period, although you may have statutory rights outside of the Warranty Period.
- F. If, following receipt of a claim under this Warranty, Samsung or its agent determine that your claim in respect of a Samsung product is valid (having regard to the terms of Part II of this Warranty), and:
- if the goods can be repaired and the failure to comply with the warranty is not a major failure or a failure of substantial character, Samsung or its agent will either repair the Samsung product or, if authorised by Samsung, pay you for the cost of a repair of the Samsung product, or replace the Samsung product with the same or similar product or refund you the cost of a replacement, in each case depending upon what is reasonable in the circumstances and with regard to Samsung's statutory obligations and at no cost to you. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type with equal or greater functionality rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods; or
- if the failure to comply with the warranty is a major failure or a failure of substantial character, you may reject the goods or require Samsung to pay you compensation for any reduction in the value of the goods below the price paid or payable by you for the goods.
The standard Samsung warranty periods are set out by product type in the table in Part II of this Warranty, although each claim is assessed on its own merits
and you may have statutory rights outside the Warranty Period.
If Samsung provides you with either a replacement or refund, you immediately transfer ownership in the original Samsung product to Samsung. Any such resolution by Samsung of a claim under this Warranty by you does not otherwise detract from any other statutory rights which you might have in the circumstances, including your right to monetary compensation for a valid claim.
- G. If, following receipt of a claim under this Warranty, Samsung or its agent determine that your claim in respect of a Samsung product is invalid, Samsung may charge you for any labour, parts or transport costs incurred by Samsung or its agent in assessing your claim.
IV. Warranty Transferability
- A. This Warranty is transferable to a subsequent owner of a Samsung product, in the event of the sale of that product, provided that Samsung is informed in writing within a reasonable time of the sale of the subsequent owner's name and contact details, such notice to be provided to Samsung at:
The notice should identify the name of the previous owner of the Samsung product, place and date of purchase, model, make and serial number of the product. The effective transfer of this Warranty does not otherwise alter the terms of this Warranty in any way.
- B. In cases of authorised product or part replacement of the original purchased Samsung product, the replacement Samsung product will be subject to the remainder of the original Warranty Period. You may have statutory rights in respect of a replacement product or part outside this period.
V. Carry-In and On-Site repairs
- A. If you wish to make a claim in relation to a Samsung product which you can reasonably transport to the nearest Samsung Customer Service Plaza or to an authorised repair service centre (as directed when you first make the claim under this Warranty), please bring, or send, that Samsung product to the nearest Samsung Customer Service Plaza or authorised service centre for assessment, the cost of which will be borne by Samsung if your claim is determined to be valid pursuant to Part I of this Warranty.
Such Samsung products do not include those products dealt with in sub-paragraph (B).
Whenever possible, the product should be returned in its original carton and packing or alternatively in packing suitable to prevent damage to the product. Samsung will not accept responsibility for damage to the product during this transport caused by unsuitable or inadequate packing.
- B. If you make a claim under this Warranty in relation to a Samsung product of the type referred to in sub-paragraph (C), Samsung or its agent will send Authorised Samsung Service Personnel to the place where that Samsung product is located to assess the warranty claim and, if necessary repair, the product on-site, at Samsung's cost.
- C. On-site service is available for Samsung-branded air conditioners.
In addition, if you believe it is not reasonable for you to bring or send a Samsung product that is not included in the above list to a Samsung Customer Service Plaza or an authorised repair service centre, Samsung will liaise with you to determine the best way in which to inspect and, if necessary, repair the product the subject of the claim under this Warranty.
If this Samsung product is located in a place which is greater than 50 kilometres (by road) from the nearest Samsung Customer Service Plaza or authorised repair service outlet, Samsung will liaise with you to determine the best way in which to inspect and, if necessary, repair the product the subject of the claim under this Warranty.
- D. With any on-site visit, while Samsung will make all efforts to fix the Samsung product on-site, there may be instances when the product must be taken back to a Samsung Customer Service Plaza or to an authorised repair service centre for further testing. In these circumstances, you agree to let any designated Authorised Samsung Service Personnel pick up and take the product for further testing, at the cost of Samsung.
VI. Warranty Exclusions
- A. This section identifies what is excluded under this Warranty.
- B. For the avoidance of any doubt, any and all warranties or conditions which are not guaranteed under the Australian Competition and Consumer Act or the Australian Competition and Consumer Regulations 2010 and which are not expressly included in this Warranty as additional warranties or conditions are excluded.
- C. This Warranty does not extend to loss caused by normal wear and tear, fire, water (liquid spillage or ingression), theft, vermin or insect infestation (including without limitation geckos, ants, spiders and frogs).
- D. This Warranty does not cover damage caused by:
- misuse or abusive use of the Samsung product, include physical abuse;
- incorrect operation or not following the operation instructions (as stated in the Product Operation Manual or manufacturer's instructions provided with the Samsung product);
- improper installation or incorrect application
- incorrect or improper maintenance or failure to maintain the Samsung product (including without limitation Annual Service and Cleaning of filters);
- failure to clean or improper cleaning of the product;
- incorrect voltage or non-authorised electrical connections;
- adverse external conditions such as power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, acts of God, acts of terrorism, damage caused by vermin, or any other act or circumstance beyond Samsung's control;
- exposure to excessive heat, moisture or dampness;
- exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions;
- rust or normal weathering or corrosive environmental conditions (including without limitation salt spray, sand and dust);
- use of non authorised/non-standard, defective or incompatible parts;
- repair, modification or other work carried out on the Samsung product other than by Authorised Samsung Service Personnel;
- use of faulty/leaking batteries.
- E. This Warranty does not cover Samsung products purchased in an auction.
- F. If the Samsung product you are using has been rented or leased by you, and you consider a claim might be made under this Warranty, you should refer the matter to the rental or leasing company immediately and they will handle the matter.
- G. This Warranty does not cover service costs in replacing and maintaining consumable parts which have ceased working through normal wear and tear such as, but not limited to: filters and other parts classifiable as a consumable part.
- H. To the extent permitted by law, this Warranty does not cover any Samsung-branded air conditioning units, which have been installed in a movable dwelling such as a caravan (travel trailer) or house boat. These Samsung products are not designed to be used in such moveable dwellings and their performance may be affected in such contexts.
- I. This Warranty does not cover any Samsung-branded air conditioning unit which is installed, removed or re-installed (other than by Authorised Samsung Service Personnel) at a location other than the original location at which the unit was first installed during the period of this Warranty.
- J. This warranty does not cover any Samsung-branded air conditioning unit where the primary use is not climatic human comfort (including without limitation a computer server room).
- K. This Warranty does not cover Samsung products which, at the time you consider a claim might be made under this Warranty, do not bear the original manufacturer’s factory-applied serial number in its original form (for instance where it or the sticker bearing it has been removed, wiped out, rubbed off, or altered).
- L. If, after we have inspected the Samsung product, we are of the opinion that the product or alleged defect is not covered by this Warranty or the consumer guarantees for whatever reason, you will be liable for any labour, parts or transport costs incurred by the Authorised Samsung Service Personnel or Authorised Samsung Service Centre.
- M. For health and safety reasons, if a Samsung-branded air conditioning unit is installed in an area which is not easily accessible by a service technician (including without limitation roofs or above ground level) you may be required to pay additional costs for labour and access to the equipment,
should service or maintenance be required.
- N. In order to comply with Australian electrical regulations, electrical connections for all permanently wired air conditioners must be completed by a qualified electrician or other suitably qualified and licensed person and provided with an electrical code of compliance where installation is subject to a building consent.
- O. This Warranty does not cover any defects not notified to Samsung within the Warranty Period, however, you may also have statutory rights outside the Warranty Period.
PART II PRODUCT WARRANTY PERIODS
I. Parts (Options) and Accessories Warranty
- A. This part of the Warranty identifies Samsung's preferred approach to resolving warranty claims in relation to parts and accessories.
- B. The table below this sub-paragraph identifies the periods under which a claim may be made under this Warranty for replacement of a part or accessory. However, you may also have statutory rights outside of these periods. The parts and accessories are divided into those which are supplied within the box of the Samsung product for which they are to be used (In-Box), and those which are supplied separately from a Samsung product for use with it (Out-Box).
- 1. In-Box:
- All remote controls purchased with the Samsung product are covered under this Warranty for the same period as the Samsung product purchased.
You may have statutory rights in respect of a remote control purchased with the Samsung product outside of the Warranty Period.
- All other Samsung parts and accessories (including batteries) purchased together with the Samsung product are covered under this Warranty for
the period set out in the table below, although you may have statutory rights outside of these periods.
- You will only be able to make a claim under this Warranty for lost or missing Samsung parts and accessories if, with your claim, you are able to provide satisfactory evidence that the relevant item was missing from the box or other storage or packaging material originally supplied by Samsung.
- 2. Out-Box:
- Parts and accessories purchased from Authorised Samsung Resellers and Distributors are generally covered under this Warranty
Please refer to the specific period below.
Parts (Options) and Accessories Warranty Information
||Warranty Period (In-Box)
||Warranty Period (Out-Box)
|Standard Remote Controls
||3 months - 1 year
||(only sold on an in-box basis)
||3 months - 1 year
||3 months - 1 year
II. PARTS AND LABOUR WARRANTY
Unless specified, this Warranty covers corresponding costs for parts and labour which may be required to repair the Samsung product, part or accessory if Samsung or its agent repair the item under this Warranty.
III. WARRANTY BY PRODUCT TABLE
The table below in this sub-paragraph summarises
the standard Samsung Warranty Period for resolving claims under this Warranty. You may have statutory rights outside of the Warranty Period
Please refer to Part I, paragraph (III)(F) for the range of Samsung's responses to a claim under this Warranty in accordance with the table below. In some instances the appropriate response to the claim will differ from the Warranty Period noted below.
WARRANTY BY PRODUCT TABLE
||Warranty Period (In-Box)
|Air Conditioner (All Types)
AirCon Warranty Card.pdf