WARRANTY FOR NOTEBOOK PC PRODUCTS (Mobile Computers)
Mobile Computer Limited Warranty.pdf
PART I GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Australian Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (including the Australian Consumer Law) and the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act (1993) as well as other laws in each of those jurisdictions guarantee certain conditions, warranties and undertakings, and give you other legal rights, in relation to the quality and fitness for purpose of Samsung consumer products sold in Australia and New Zealand respectively
For products sold in New Zealand, these guarantees cannot be modified nor excluded by any contract, except in those circumstances contemplated by section 43(2) of the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act.
In Australia, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. What constitutes a major failure is set out in the Australian Consumer Law.
Nothing in this Warranty purports to modify or exclude the conditions, warranties and undertakings, and other legal rights, under the Australian Competition and Consumer Act, the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act, and other laws. This Warranty gives you additional protection for your Samsung consumer product, and identifies a preferred approach to resolving warranty claims which will be quickest and simplest for all parties, subject to the exclusions, terms and conditions below.
I. Coverage and Application
- A. Samsung Electronics Australia Pty Ltd of 3 Murray Rose Avenue, Homebush Bay NSW Australia 2127 ("Samsung") warrants that your Samsung consumer product:
- is of acceptable quality;
- does not have a latent defect.
- B. For the purpose of this Warranty, a "Samsung product" is a product which:
- was manufactured by or on behalf of Samsung; and
- bears a trade mark owned or used by Samsung (generally "SAMSUNG"); and
- was sold by an Authorised Reseller or Distributor of Samsung; and
- was purchased either in Australia or New Zealand,
but does not include any hardware or software which is packaged or sold with a Samsung product unless that item is incorporated into the Samsung product or, in the case of software, pre-loaded onto the Samsung product at the time of sale or that is itself a Samsung product.
II. Warranty Period
- A. The period during which this Warranty is in effect will depend upon the Samsung product to which it relates. In all cases the commencement date for the period is the actual day of purchase, as reflected on the Authorised Reseller’s or Distributor’s invoice / receipt provided to you. The period during which each Samsung product which is the subject of this Warranty is covered by this Warranty is identified in Part II of this Warranty.
III. Warranty Claim
- A. If you consider that the Samsung product which you have purchased is not of acceptable quality, has a latent defect, or is otherwise not compliant with the conditions, warranties, undertakings, and legal rights given to you under Australian Law or New Zealand Law (for example, it appears faulty, or does not work at all or properly), you can make a claim under this Warranty.
- B. Except where an International Product Warranty has been provided with your Samsung product, warranty service will only be provided in the specific country where the Samsung product was originally purchased. For example, if you have purchased the Samsung product within Australia, warranty service will be limited to Australia only. If you have purchased the Samsung product within New Zealand, warranty service will be limited to New Zealand only.
- C. If you purchased this product in Australia and wish to make a claim under this Warranty, you should:
- contact 1300 362 603;
- visit the nearest Samsung Customer Service Plaza; or
- visit www.samsung.com/au.
- If you purchased this product in New Zealand and wish to make a claim under this Warranty, you should:
- contact 0800 SAMSUNG(726786);
- visit the nearest Samsung Customer Service Plaza; or
- visit www.samsung.com/nz.
PRODUCT ONLINE REGISTRATION
You can register your product online at www.samsung.com/au for customers in Australia and www.samsung.com/nz for customers in New Zealand. While registration is not necessary to make a claim under this Warranty, it may assist Samsung to process any claim which you may make more quickly.
- D. When you make any claim under this Warranty it is essential that you provide a copy of your proof of purchase of the Samsung product, whether in person, by email or by fax. A claim under this Warranty is not formally made unless and until that proof of purchase is provided. This does not detract from your statutory rights.
- E. You will not be able to gain the benefit of this Warranty without making a claim.
- F. If, following receipt of a claim under this Warranty, Samsung or its agent determine that your claim in respect of a Samsung product is valid (having regard to the terms of Part II of this Warranty), and:
- if the goods can be repaired and the failure to comply with the warranty is not a major failure or a failure of substantial character, Samsung or its agent will either repair the Samsung product or, if authorised by Samsung, pay you for the cost of a repair of the Samsung product, or replace the Samsung product with the same or similar product or refund you the cost of a replacement, in each case depending upon what is reasonable in the circumstances and at no cost to you. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods; or
- if the goods cannot be repaired or the failure to comply with the warranty is a major failure or a failure of substantial character, you may reject the goods or require Samsung to pay you compensation for any reduction in the value of the goods below the price paid or payable by you for the goods.
Samsung’s preferred approach to resolving claims under this Warranty is set out by product in the tables in Part II of this Warranty, although each claim is assessed on its own merits. If Samsung provides you with either a replacement or refund, you immediately transfer ownership in the original Samsung part or product to Samsung. Any such resolution by Samsung of a claim under this Warranty by you does not otherwise detract from any other statutory rights which you might have in the circumstances, including your right to monetary compensation for a valid claim.
- G. If, following receipt of a claim under this Warranty, Samsung or its agent determine that your claim in respect of a Samsung product is invalid, Samsung may charge you for any labour, parts or transport costs incurred by Samsung or its agent in assessing your claim.
IV. Warranty Transferability
- A. This Warranty is transferable to a subsequent owner of a Samsung product, in the event of the sale of that product, provided that Samsung is informed in writing within a reasonable time of the sale of the subsequent owner’s name and contact details, such notice to be provided to Samsung as follows:
The notice should identify the name of the previous owner of the Samsung product, place and date of purchase, model, make and serial number of the product. The effective transfer of this Warranty does not otherwise alter the terms of this Warranty in any way.
- B. In cases of authorised product replacement of the original purchased Samsung product, the replacement Samsung product will be subject to its own Samsung Products Warranty then in force at the time of the replacement (which may or may not be on the same terms as this Warranty).
- A. If you wish to make a claim in relation to a Samsung product which you can reasonably transport to the nearest Samsung Customer Service Plaza or to an authorised repair service centre (as directed when you first make the claim under this Warranty), please bring, or send, that Samsung product to that nearest Plaza or authorised service centre for assessment. Such Samsung products do not include those products dealt with in sub-paragraph (B). Samsung will organise the transport of a Samsung Consumer Product under this sub-paragraph, the cost of which will be borne by Samsung if your claim is determined to be valid pursuant to Part I of this Warranty. Whenever possible, the product should be returned in its original carton and packing or alternatively in packing suitable to prevent damage to the product. Samsung will not accept responsibility for damage to the product during this transport caused by unsuitable or inadequate packing.
- B. If the Samsung product is located in a place which is greater than 50 kilometres (by road) from the nearest Samsung Customer Service Plaza or authorised repair service outlet, Samsung will liaise with you to determine the best way in which to inspect and, if necessary, repair the product the subject of the claim under this Warranty.
VI. Warranty Exclusions
- A. This section identifies what is excluded under this Warranty.
- B. For the avoidance of any doubt, any and all warranties or conditions which are not guaranteed under the Australian Competition and Consumer Act, the Australian Competition and Consumer Regulations 2010, or the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act (as applicable) and which are not expressly included in this Warranty as additional warranties or conditions are excluded.
- C. This Warranty does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the Product, which is affected by system configuration, software, applications your data and operator control of the system, among other factors. Though the product is considered to be compatible with many systems, it is your responsibility to determine compatibility and integration with other products or systems.
- D. This Warranty does not apply to non-Samsung hardware products or non-Samsung software products which are not incorporated into Samsung products or, in the case of software, pre-loaded onto the Samsung product at the time of sale, even if packaged or sold with Samsung hardware. Manufacturers, suppliers or publishers other than Samsung may provide their own warranties to you, but Samsung, to the extent permitted by law, provides such third-party products ‘as is’. If applicable, non-Samsung software distributed by Samsung and not pre-loaded on the product at the time of sale is not covered under this Warranty. Please refer to any licensing agreement accompanying the software for details or any purchaser rights with respect to its use.
- E. This Warranty does not extend to loss caused by normal wear and tear, fire, water (liquid spillage or ingression), theft, vermin or insect infestation.
- F. This Warranty does not cover:
- cosmetic damage such as to the exterior finish;
- minor imperfections within design specification so that do not materially alter functionality;
- burned-in images resulting from viewing an image on the display screen for an extended period of time;
- reception or display problems and distortion related to noise, echo, interference or other signal transmission and delivery problems; or
- use of products, equipment, systems, utilities, services, parts supplies accessories, applications, installations, repairs, external wiring or connectors not supplied or authorised by Samsung.
- G. This Warranty does not cover damage caused by:
- misuse or abusive use of the Samsung consumer product, including breakage of the liquid crystal display (LCD);
- incorrect operation or not following the operation instructions (as stated in the Product Operation Manual or manufacturer’s instructions provided with the Samsung product);
- improper shipment, delivery or installation;
- incorrect or improper maintenance or failure to maintain the Samsung product;
- failure to clean or improper cleaning of the product;
- incorrect voltage or non-authorised electrical connections;
- adverse external conditions such as power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, acts of God, acts of terrorism, damage caused by vermin, or any other act or circumstance beyond Samsung’s control;
- exposure to excessive heat, moisture or dampness;
- exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions;
- use of non authorised/non-standard, defective or incompatible parts;
- password setting/ resetting and computer virus;
- repair, modification or other work carried out on the Samsung product other than by Authorised Samsung Service Personnel.
- H. This Warranty does not cover Samsung products purchased in an auction.
- I. If the Samsung product you are using has been rented or leased by you, and you consider a claim might be made under this Warranty, you should refer the matter to the rental or leasing company immediately and they will handle the matter.
- J. This Warranty does not cover service costs in replacing and maintaining consumable parts which have ceased working through normal wear and tear.
- K. This Warranty does not cover Samsung products which, at the time you consider a claim might be made under this Warranty, do not bear the original manufacturer's factory-applied serial number in its original form (for instance where it or the sticker bearing it has been removed, wiped out, rubbed off, or altered).
- L. This Warranty does not cover the loss of any data howsoever caused. You shall be responsible for backing up and protecting data against loss, damage or destruction. Please note that the repair of goods may result in loss of data.
New Zealand only exclusion
If you purchased the Samsung consumer product in New Zealand for the purposes of a business, it is hereby agreed that the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 do not apply in accordance with section 43(2) of the Act.
PART II PRODUCT WARRANTY PERIODS AND SPECIAL CONDITIONS
I. Parts (Options) and Accessories Warranty
- A. This part of the Warranty identifies Samsung’s preferred approach to resolving warranty claims in relation to parts and accessories.
- B. The table below this sub-paragraph identifies the periods under which a claim may be made under this Warranty for replacement of a part or accessory. However, you may also have statutory rights outside of these periods. The parts and accessories are divided into those which are supplied within the box of the Samsung consumer product for which they are to be used (In-Box), and those which are supplied separately from a Samsung consumer product for use with it (Out-Box).
- 1. In-Box:
- All Samsung parts and accessories (including batteries) purchased together with the Samsung consumer product are covered under this Warranty for a period of 6 months. Generally Samsung will replace the defective part or accessory which is the subject of the claim during this 6 month period.
- You will only be able to make a claim under this Warranty for lost or missing Samsung parts and accessories if, with your claim, you are able to provide satisfactory evidence that the relevant item was missing from the box or other storage or packaging material originally supplied by Samsung.
- 2. Out-Box:
- Parts and accessories purchased from Authorised Samsung Resellers and Distributors are generally covered under this Warranty from a 3 month to 1 year warranty period. Please refer to the specific period below.
Parts (Options) and Accessories Warranty Information
||Warranty Period (In-box)
||Warranty Period (Out-box)
|Other Parts, Accessories
(including B/T keyboard, Slate PC
Dock, Digitizer Pen and micro
HDMI to VGA Adapter)
||Accessories may differ according
to the particular model.
II. PARTS AND LABOUR WARRANTY
Unless specified, this Warranty covers corresponding costs for parts and labour which may be required to repair the Samsung consumer product, part or accessory if Samsung or its agent repair the item under this Warranty.
III. WARRANTY BY PRODUCT TABLE
The table below in this sub-paragraph summarises Samsung's preferred approach to resolving claims under this Warranty, although each claim is assessed on its own merits. Please refer to Part I, paragraph (III)(F) for the range of Samsung's responses to a claim under this Warranty in accordance with the table below. In some instances the appropriate response to the claim will differ from the approach noted below.
WARRANTY BY PRODUCT TABLE
||Excluding parties who rent or lease a
Samsung brand product.
PART III I YEAR INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY
In the event that warranty service is required on your Samsung Mobile Computer and you are located outside of the country, the local Samsung entity in the foreign countries listed on www.samsung.com/global/notepc may be able to provide you with warranty service. Any warranty services rendered shall be in a manner consistent with the terms and conditions of the Samsung Mobile Computer Limited Warranty. Warranty services performed, if made available, may take longer than if performed in your country.
Please note some countries allow the customer to drop off the Samsung Mobile Computer at a Samsung authorized repair center while other countries only allow the product to be shipped. The terms and the conditions of the warranty service may vary from country to country. Customers seeking to invoke this limited warranty in a country not listed on www.samsung.com/global/notepc (which may be amended by Samsung from time to time) shall be responsible for delivery of the product to the nearest International Warranty Center as advised by the local Samsung Helpline. The Customer shall be responsible for settling all customs fees associated with the transport, and the cost of delivery to the International Warranty Center. Samsung will pay return transport fees only. The method of shipment of the Samsung Product shall be at Samsung’s discretion. Liability for goods in transit shall be with the shipping party.
Mobile Computer Limited Warranty.pdf