Changing Tech World
The early 1990s presented tremendous challenges for high-tech businesses. Mergers, coalitions and buy-outs were common while competition and consolidation flourished.
Companies were pressed to rethink their technology and services offerings. Business began to flow across borders between countries and companies. Samsung Electronics made the most of these opportunities by refocusing its business strategy to better respond to market demands.
- Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology (SAIT) developed first-ever digital video disk recorder (DVD-R)
- Samsung Group enacted the company identity
- Samsung Group announced "New Management"
- Developed mobile phone system
- Developed world's first 64M DRAM
- Produced over 10 million industrial robots
- Began manufacturing in China
- Developed mobile phone handset