1979 - 1969
Samsung Electronics was founded in 1969 and quickly became a major manufacturer in the Korean market.
During this initial period a burst of growth came from the burgeoning home electronics business and the company began exporting its products for the first time. Samsung Electronics also acquired a 50 percent stake in Korea Semiconductor; further solidifying Samsung Electronics’ position as a leader in semiconductor manufacturing.
- Began mass production of microwave ovens
- Developed VHS VCRs
- Acquired Korea Electronics Information Co.
- Produced 4 million black-and-white TVs (the most in the world)
- Established first overseas office in the Untied States (SEA)
- Started exporting color TVs
- Began mass producing color TVs
- Acquired Korea Semiconductor Co.
- Produced 1 million black-and-white TVs
- Launched world’s third ‘Quick Start’ system TV (Product Name: Econo TV)
- Began washing machine and refrigerator production
- Began production of black-and-white televisions for the domestic market
- Began exporting black-and-white TVs to Panama
- Black-and-white TV (model: P-3202) production started by Samsung-Sanyo
- Samsung-Sanyo Electronics was established (renamed Samsung Electro-Mechanics in March 1975 and merged with Samsung Electronics in March 1977)
- Established “Samsung Electronics Industry Co Ltd.”