Tab into Colour with the Samsung GALAXY Tab S
Samsung Canada announces availability of its lightest and thinnest tablet, the GALAXY Tab S, featuring one of the most advanced mobile displays on the marketNov 13. 2017
MISSISSAUGA, ON – June 18, 2014
Samsung Canada, a leading supplier of mobile technology, today announced the Canadian availability of the Samsung GALAXY Tab S, a Super AMOLED tablet with one of the most advanced display technologies on the market that combines a light, portable design and a full range of premium content for an unrivaled entertainment experience. Debuting in Canada today at a special NXNE Art launch event, Samsung’s latest addition to its GALAXY family of devices will be available to Canadian consumers starting on June 27th.
“The Samsung GALAXY Tab S is a truly revolutionary tablet,” said Paul Brannen, Senior VP, Enterprise and Mobile Solutions, Samsung Canada. “We know that Canadians are looking for tablets that will help them Play More, Do More and Share More, which is why we are so proud to introduce the GALAXY Tab S – a device that raises the bar in the industry.”
To celebrate the Canadian launch of the GALAXY Tab S, Samsung Canada is proud to partner with NXNE Art, Partisan Projects and Norm Li AG + I for an interactive, technology-infused art installation. This unique exhibit complements the innovation of Samsung’s latest tablet and will highlight the stunning Super AMOLED screen and the inspired design of the GALAXY Tab S.
The Super AMOLED screen, which will be featured at the exhibit, ensures a truly immersive tablet viewing experience. Reproduced with 94% accuracy – compared to 74% on conventional tablets (colour reproduction based on Adobe RGB), colours are richer, more vivid and more beautiful. Photos look like professional prints and movies have a cinematic quality. Additionally, Adaptive Display ensures the optimal visual experience by adjusting the colour saturation and sharpness based on both the environment and the content being consumed. Users can also make and receive calls directly from their phone or their GALAXY Tab S with the Call Forwarding feature via SideSync 3.0 and with Quick Connect, the GALAXY Tab S quickly finds and connects to nearby devices, for easy content sharing.
At only 6.6 mm, the GALAXY Tab S is Samsung’s thinnest tablet yet. Light to carry and easy to hold the Tab S is perfectly portable. Consumers can also stay connected longer with Ultra Power Saving Mode¹ which conserves battery life when you need it most by switching the display to black and white, and closing background apps while keeping essential connectivity functions running. The device comes pre-loaded with Multi-User that allows different users to create their own unique profiles, Kids Mode allowing parents to manage their kids tablet experience, as well as Fingerprint Scanner for added unlock security.
Play More, Do More and Share More with great content:
The GALAXY Tab S comes loaded with amazing content that’s ready to consume including²:
● Next Issue: Samsung GALAXY Tab S customers will receive an exclusive, three-month trial of Next Issue – Canada's only all-you-can-read, digital subscription magazine service. In one easy-to-use tablet app, Next Issue delivers unlimited access to a comprehensive catalogue of more than 130 premium magazines, including Vanity Fair, Rolling Stone, Chatelaine, Time, FLARE, Vogue, GQ, People, Us Weekly, The New Yorker, Maclean’s, Esquire, and HELLO! Canada, in addition to an extensive library of back issues. For more information, please visit NextIssue.ca.
● Globe and Mail: Optimized for the Samsung GALAXY Tab S, The Globe and Mail Android Edition offers a superior news experience providing readers with 12 months complimentary access to Canada’s most authoritative source for news, commentary and analysis with a new, curated, best-in-class tablet reading experience. The Globe and Mail Android Edition App will be available in August 2014.
● Netflix: GALAXY Tab S users can now enjoy Netflix, available in high definition for the first time for GALAXY users in select countries.
● Cineplex Store: Register with CineplexStore.com and then login with your GALAXY Tab S using the Cineplex Store Android app to receive a free digital movie rental. With the most movies online for whatever your mood, Cineplex Store is Canada’s one-stop shop for digital rentals and downloads. Customers can earn SCENE points toward the purchase of movie tickets, concession combos, and more.
● Marvel Unlimited: With Samsung’s strategic partnership with Marvel, GALAXY Tab S users will be able to access over 15000 Marvel Comics through 3 months of unlimited free membership to Marvel’s “Marvel Unlimited” app.
● Kindle for Samsung: Exclusively for Samsung customers, and customized for the GALAXY Tab S, users will receive a free book every month through Samsung Book Deals, plus the ultimate e-reading experience with access to a vast selection of e-books in the Kindle store.
● Hancom Office: Your on-the-go work suite, delivers the best in professional features by giving users the power to compose and edit documents, spreadsheets and presentations in 42 supported languages right from your tablet.
● Cisco WebEx: The WebEx meeting app on the GALAXY Tab S supports the full feature set of WebEx meetings on Android devices, while adding the ability to share anything on your Galaxy screen with anyone, on any device. With a six-month trial of WebEx web conferencing on the Galaxy Tab S, customers can hold better and more productive meetings from anywhere.
The Wi-Fi® version of the Samsung GALAXY Tab S will come in 10.5-inch and 8.4-inch versions in Titanium Bronze and Dazzling White. The Wi-Fi® version of the GALAXY Tab S will be available at select retailers in Canada starting June 27th for $519.99 (10.5-inch) and $419.99 (8.4-inch). Samsung will also offer a new lineup of accessories including a Book Cover, a Simple Cover and a Bluetooth Keyboard. Additionaly, building on Samsung’s heritage in industry-leading mobile products, the Level Series offers a range of audio accessories with organic sound quality, superior comfort, portability, and a modern style that provide GALAXY Tab S users with an excellent sound experience.
Samsung has teamed up with more than 30 of the world’s leading mobile content and service providers to offer its GALAXY Tab S users the ultimate entertainment experience through premium content and services across a wide range of industries.²
NXNE Art Louge:
The GALAXY Tab S will be showcased at the NXNE Art Lounge, as part of an exhibit that allows visitors to actively shape the growth of Toronto through votes on various poll topics. These choices will shape the environment of the space through visuals, experience and sound. The NXNE Art Lounge is located at 363 King Street West in Toronto and kicks off with an exclusive launch party tonight followed by public access for festival goers from June 19 – 22. For more information on NXNE, please visit: www.nxne.com.
¹ Ultra Power Saving Mode: Battery life will vary depending on power, applications settings and other factors. The maximum capacity of the battery will decrease with time and use.
² All services and partners listed in this release may not be available in all regions and features may vary by region. Also, service provider may change the name and/or value of its application at any time.
About Samsung Electronics Canada
Samsung Electronics Canada is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for young minded consumers everywhere through innovation, stylish design and premium experiences. Through relentless innovation and discovery, Samsung is transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs, cameras, home appliances, printers, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. As a result, Samsung has become a true leader in the technology industry. In 2013, Samsung was ranked #8 in the Interbrand 100 Best Global Brands while the Canadian arm was named as one of Strategy Magazine’s 2013 Brands of the Year and Marketing Magazine’s 2012 Top 10 Marketers of the Year in Canada. Globally, Samsung employs 286000 people across 80 countries with annual sales of US$216.7 billion.
To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com
Follow Samsung Canada at facebook.com/SamsungCanada or on Twitter @SamsungCanada
For more information, please contact:
North Strategic for Samsung Canada
Shanghai Edutech improves learning environment for large Chinese school district
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 revolutionizes student-teacher interaction and learning at school and home
Covenant University and Samsung empower students with mobile learning
Samsung Tab 3 devices and Samsung device management and security capabilities equip students for campus collaboration
Weblib and Samsung deliver new digitised services and entertainment solution for QSR
Weblib integrates Samsung KNOX Customization into quick-service restaurant solution, creates new ways to attract customers and build brand loyalty