A versatile lens for any situation
The WB850F features a 23 mm wide angle lens, allowing you to get wider shots at close range with incredible detail. It also boasts an incredible 21x zoom Schneider-KREUZNACH lens, making capturing distant subjects in perfect detail easier than ever.
Share your moments wirelessly
With built-in Wi-Fi capability, you can share any special or exciting moment on the move. Send photos by uploading to Facebook™, Picasa™, Photobucket™, or email directly from the camera. You can also upload videos to YouTube™, then sit back to wait for the raves. Samsung Mobile Link allows you to send your images dirtectly to your smartphone or tablet. You can also save the images to your PC by just one click with Auto Backup. No more searching for the cable — it's that easy.
Detailed and bright photos
The WB850F features a 16 Megapixels BSI (Back Side Illuminated) CMOS sensor for impressive low-light performance. BSI CMOS sensors are twice as sensitive as conventional CMOS sensors, meaning less light is needed for properly exposed photos, delivering sharper images with minimal noise and distortion.
- 1.0 / 2.3″ (Approx. 7.77 mm) BSI CMOS
- Approx. 16.2 Mega pixels
- Approx. 16.8 Mega pixels
- Dual IS (Optical + Digital Image Stabilization)
- TTL Auto Focus (Center AF, Multi AF, Tracking AF, Face Detection AF, Face Recognition AF, Selection AF) * Manual Focus
- Normal: 80 cm ~ Infinity (Wide), 350 cm ~ Infinity (Tele) Macro: 10 cm ~ 80 cm (Wide), 150 cm ~ 350 cm (Tele) Auto Macro: 10 cm ~ Infinity (Wide), 150 cm ~ Infinity (Tele) Manual: 10 cm ~ Infinity (Wide), 150 cm ~ Infinity (Tele)
- Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual Exposure
- Multi, Spot, Center-weighted, Face Detection AE
- ±2 EV (1/3 EV steps)
- Schneider-KREUZNACH 21x Zoom Lens f = 4.1 ~ 86.1 mm (35.0 mm film equivalent: 23.0 ~ 483.0 mm)
- 2.8 (W) ~ 5.9 (T)
- Still Image mode: 1.00X ~ 4.00X Play mode: 1.00X ~ 9.40X (depends on image size) Smart Zoom 1.33X
- 3.0" (7.62 cm)
- 3.0" (7.62 cm) VGA ( 640 x 480 ) 614 k dots ( PenTile )
- Smart Auto: 1/8 ~ 1/2000 s, Program: 1 ~ 1/2000 s, Night: 8 ~ 1/2000 s, Manual: 16 ~ 1/2000 s
Samsung WB850F (with Wi-Fi)
There are certainly plenty of compact megazooms to pick from these days, but the Samsung WB850F stands out for a few reasons.
alaTest has collected and analyzed 578 reviews from magazines and websites. People are impressed by the usability and value for money. The size and lens also get good comments, but many are negative about the reliability and features.