Will this accessory work with my product?
Use your model number to find out
Create images that resonate
Premium S Lens
Experience high-resolution clarity with expertly rendered details, colors and contrast for performance that is unrivaled at any setting. Deriving from the French word ‘sommet’, the “S” mark can be associated with words like ‘superior’, ‘supreme’, and ‘summit’, and the Samsung Premium S Lens series is exactly that; it represents the summit of optical lens design. Precision engineering, quality control and the latest technological advances coalesce into a series of durable high-performance lenses. Our enduringly valuable lenses allow photographers to bring their visions to life like never before.
Clearly designed to improve image quality
Extremely delicate optical lens design
The Samsung 16-50 mm Premium S Lens contains 18 elements in 12 groups—including three aspherical, two ED and two XHR lenses—to produce sharper images without color fringing. The lens is crafted with an extremely delicate optical lens design that incorporates SPMC (Superior Multi-Coating) technology to reduce ghosting and flare effects. As a result, you can shoot bright and clear low-lit images with an aperture setting even as low as F2. This lens meets the CIPA’s OIS 4-Stop* guideline, meaning you can get clearer pictures with less blur in most situations.
* Lens meets CIPA OIS 4-Stop guideline only at 50 mm focal length with the NX300 and NX30.
A brighter way to capture life
A bright F2- F2.8 aperture
Standard 16-50 mm lenses have difficulty maintaining high resolution when shooting at larger apertures, which is why they are typically offered at F2.8. But the Samsung 16-50 mm Premium S Lens goes as low as F2 while still maintaining a high resolution, due to its meticulously crafted optical lens design. This means you can shoot bright and clear low-lit images with an aperture setting as low as F2—and capture a whole new world in the dark or create even more stunning photos with more of an out-focusing effect.
- Samsung 16 ~ 50 mm F2 ~ 2.8 S ED OIS
- 18 elements in 12 groups (3 Aspherical lens, 2 ED lens, 2 XHR lens)
- F2 ~ 2.8 (Min. F22), (Number of Blades: 9, Circular Aperture Diaphragm)
- Optical Image Stabilizer: Yes
- Maximum Magnification Approx.0.19X
- Filter Size 72 mm
- Max. Diameter x Length 81 x 96.5 mm
- Operating Temperature 0 ~ 40°C
- 16 ~ 50 mm (equivalent to 24.6 ~ 77 mm in 35 mm format)
- Angle of View 82.6° ~ 31.4°
- Samsung NX Mount
- Minimum Focus Distance 0.3 m
- Lens Hood Included
- i-Scene Mode: Beauty Shot, Portrait, Children, Backlight, Landscape, Sunset, Dawn, Beach & Snow, Night
- Approx. 622 g (without hood)
- Operating Humidity 5 ~ 85%