Multiple heating systems deliver singular results
The Samsung ME179KFETSR features the Surround Heating System, which combines a convection vent with a grill and a microwave oven to give you optimum food heating efficiency.
Let steam do the cleaning
Soups, sauce-covered foods—many favorite dishes can splatter all over oven walls when they’re being microwaved. With the power of steam, you can easily clean even stubborn food residue from ME179KFETSR’s ceramic enamel interior—without the use of abrasive or harmful chemicals. Simply fill a bowl with 1/3 cup of water, place it in the center of the oven, then press the Steam Clean Button. When the cleaning cycle finishes, wipe down the inside for a fresh, hygienically clean oven.
More light, less energy
The Samsung ME179KFETSR over-the-range oven features strategically-placed LED lighting that illuminates your range top. Whether you’re cooking up a pot of chili or cleaning your stove, the lights help you clearly see your efforts.
- Installation: OTR
- Solo, Grill, Convection Heat Source
- 120 V / 60 Hz Power Source
- 1500 Watts Power Consumption (Microwave) / 1500 Watts Power Consumption (Heater)
- 900 Watts Output Power (Max)
- 1.7 cu. ft. capacity
- 10 Power Levels
- Glass Touch + Knob Control Method
- Handle / Side Swing
- 2 Line VFD Display Type
- Turntable (2 stub)
- Ceramic Enamel Cavity Interior
- Round Rack available (Low , Medium , High)
- Steam Cleaning available
- Simple Clean Filter™ / LED Cooktop Light
- Various Cooking Mode avialable
- Grill Heater available
- 90 min. Max Cooking Time
- 2 Cooking Stages
- 30 s
- Preheat Available
- Auto Defrost / Auto Reheat
- Auto Cook Available
- Turntable On / Off available
- Clock System Option (12 h / 24 h) available
- Sound Option available
- Child Lock available
- Reminder End Signal available
- Convection Heater available
- Product Weight: 79.5 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 86.1 lbs.
- Cavity Dimensions: 20" x 9.87" x 14.2"
- Outside Dimensions: 29.87" x 16.93" x 17.4"
- Product without Handle Dimensions: 29.87" x 16.93" x 15.43"
- Shipping Dimensions: 33.37" x 19.43" x 20.18"
Consumer Ratings & Reviews
‘‘Blocked touch screen pad’’
Unhappy, touchscreen locks need to unplug at least every 2 days in use less than a month
Doiknine on 2014-02-05
‘‘Touch Panel Freezes Up’’
Loved the stainless steel look, loved the price, but the touch panel freezes, you have to shut it down and then start it up, and then some times it still does not work... waiting for a service call fr...
Susan S. on 2014-06-25
‘‘Do not buy’’
After experiencing touch pad lockup we had the touch pad panel replaced. This took about 6 weeks, this was not Samsung. After the panel was replaced it worked fine for 4 days then there more problems....
notcooking on 2014-04-25
Like it? A lot? A little? Tell us.
If you own one of these we’d like to hear what you think of it.