The SSD to trust
The newest edition to the world’s best-selling* SATA SSD series, the Samsung 860 EVO. Specially designed for mainstream PCs and laptops, with the latest V-NAND and a robust algorithm-based controller, this fast SSD comes in a wide range of compatible form factors and capacities.
* Sources: NPD Group report based on dollar sales (US data from Jan. 2015 to Oct. 2017) and GfK report based on dollar sales (EU5 data from Jan. 2015 to Sep. 2017, China data from Jan. 2016 to Sep. 2017)
Speeds are more consistent, even with heavy workloads and multi-tasks.* The 860 EVO performs at sequential writes up to 520 MB/s** with Intelligent TurboWrite technology, and sequential reads up to 550 MB/s. The TurboWrite buffer size*** varies from 12 GB to 78 GB for faster file transfer. Sequential reads up to 550 MB/s Sequential writes up to 520 MB/s
*As compared to Samsung 850 EVO. **Performance may vary based on SSD’s firmware version and system hardware & configuration. Sequential write performance measurements are based on Intelligent TurboWrite technology. Sequential performance measurements based on CrystalDiskMark v.5.0.2 and IOmeter 1.1.0. The sequential write performances after Intelligent TurboWrite region are 300 MB/s for 250 / 500 GB and 500 MB/s for 1 TB. Test system configuration: Intel Core i5-3550 CPU @ 3.3 GHz, DDR3 1333 MHz 4 GB, OS – Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Chipset: ASUS P8H77-V *** The TurboWrite buffer size varies based on the capacity of the SSD‡ 12 GB for 250 GB model, 22 GB for 500 GB model, 42 GB for 1 TB model and 78 GB for 2 / 4 TB. For more information on the TurboWrite, please visit www.samsungssd.com.
Boost in endurance
Safely store and render large sized 4K videos and 3D data used by the latest applications, up to 8x higher TBW (Terabytes Written)* than the previous 850 EVO. The latest V-NAND technology gives you up to 2400 TBW, or is backed by a 5-year limited warranty, whichever comes first.* 2400 Terabytes Written 5 Year Warranty
* Warrantied TBW for 860 EVO: 150 TBW for 250 GB model, 300 TBW for 500 GB model, 600 TBW for 1 TB model, 1200 TBW for 2 TB model and 2400 TBW for 4 TB model. ** 5-years or TBW, whichever comes first. For more information on the warranty, please find the enclosed warranty statement in the package.
Benefit from faster, more fluid communication with your host system*. The refined ECC** algorithm and a new MJX controller generate higher speeds, and the improved queued trim enhances Linux compatibility*. Our advanced engineering makes the 860 EVO more compatible with your computing system.
*As compared to 850 EVO ** Error Correction Code
Multi form factors
Whatever size your computer needs, there is an 860 EVO for you. Choose among the 2.5-inch size for desktop PCs and laptops, and the SATA-based M.2 (2280) or the mSATA for ultra-slim computing devices.
Samsung Magician software is designed to help you manage your SSD with a simple and intuitive user interface.
Get notifications when new firmware is released, and easily install updates for enhanced performance, stability, and compatibility.
Check your SSD's sequential and random read/write speeds, so you can maintain optimal performance.
Better protect data by selecting security options. The 860 PRO supports AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption and is compliant with TCG Opal and IEEE 1667.
- Client PCs Application
- SATA 6 Gb/s Interface, compatible with SATA 3 Gb/s & SATA 1.5 Gb/s interface Interface
- 100 x 69.85 x6.8 (mm) Dimension (WxHxD)
- Max 51.0 g Weight Weight
- Up to 550 MB/s Sequential Read * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration Sequential Read
- Up to 520 MB/s Sequential Write * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration Sequential Write
How It Stacks Up
All specifications and descriptions provided herein may be different from the actual specifications and descriptions for the product. Samsung reserves the right to make changes to this document and the product described herein, at anytime, without obligation on Samsung to provide notification of such change.