Samsung Reveals Spectacular 2016 SUHD TV Line-up
2016 SUHD TVs with Quantum dot display deliver true-to-life picture quality, breathtaking design and a smart user experience with simpler access to content
Mississauga, ON - January 7, 2016 - Samsung Electronics Canada, a leading electronics manufacturer, unveiled its spectacular new line-up of SUHD TVs at CES 2016, ushering in a new decade of global TV innovation.
Samsung’s 2016 SUHD TVs offer exceptional picture quality with Quantum dot display, the world’s first bezel-less curved design which is beautiful from every angle and a smart user experience that makes it easy for consumers to access all their entertainment content in one place.
“Our new SUHD TVs represent our singular focus on innovation that matters most to consumers, by providing exceptional picture quality for the home,” said Pat Bugos, Vice President, Consumer Electronics Sales and Marketing, Samsung Canada. “In 2016, we’re going beyond anything we’ve done before to offer a remarkable synergy of design, engineering and craftsmanship which gets Canadians closer to their favourite content from TV shows and movies to games.”
CES attendees can experience Samsung’s 2016 SUHD TVs and the company’s other innovative home entertainment products at booth #11906 in Central Hall from January 6 to 9, 2016.
Samsung SUHD TV with Quantum dot display: Unbeatable Picture Quality
Samsung’s 2016 SUHD TVs feature the world’s only cadmium-free, 10-bit Quantum dot display, offering true-to-life picture quality with stunning brightness, exceptional contrast and the most lifelike colours offered by Samsung to date.
This year, all Samsung SUHD TVs will feature the ability to provide a premium high dynamic range (HDR) experience, with 1000 nit HDR minimum for a higher level of contrast between light and dark images. New Ultra Black technology also significantly reduces light reflection, further enhancing picture quality with minimal glare. Inspired by nature, Ultra Black absorbs natural light the same way that a moth’s eye enables it to see better at night.
360 design for Unparalleled Immersion
Four years after introducing the first Curved TVs to the world, Samsung has designed the world’s first bezel-less Curved TV, the KS9500 SUHD TV, to provide a more immersive viewing experience.
With no bezel that normally functions as the border, the viewer’s attention is focused purely on what matters most - captivating content on the screen. In keeping with this design ethos, Samsung has sought to eliminate all unnecessary elements, even removing screws from the rear of the TV, to create an elegant product that is beautiful from every angle.
Unlimited, Seamless Entertainment through Single Access and Single Remote
Built on the Tizen operating system (OS), Samsung’s 2016 Smart TVs make it easier for consumers to discover and access all their favorite content and services, from TV and movies to games and program information, all in one place.
• New Smart Hub - The 2016 Smart Hub is designed to provide users with simple access to their favorite content, all in one place. Live TV, over the top (OTT), games and even the menu that appears on the home screen of the Samsung Smart TV allows users to access their favourite programs as soon as they turn on the TV.
• Samsung Smart Control remote - The new Samsung Smart TV eliminates the need to juggle multiple remote controls. The Samsung Smart TV will automatically recognize the type of set-top box, game console, OTT box or home theater system that is connected to the TV. This allows users to control all of the external devices with the Smart Control remote - with no set-up required.
• Console-less Gaming - Consumers can enjoy a realistic gaming experience on a large screen without the need for a console. Additional streaming and downloadable games will be available on the 2016 Samsung Smart TVs. Recent additions for PlayStationTM Now include Assassin’s Creed III, Batman: Arkham Origins, The LEGO Movie and many more.
• Smart View - The Samsung Smart View mobile app allows users to share their favorite content instantly with their family. The upgraded Smart View is now available beyond Samsung Galaxy devices, supporting Android and iOS devices, as well as Window PCs. Popular apps and websites will also be Smart View enabled, so consumers can begin the entertainment experience right within the apps and services they enjoy most.
• More access to content - Streaming UHD movies and TV shows will be even easier. UHD technologies developed by NeuLion will also enable a selection of sporting events to stream UHD live. Consumers can also connect Samsung’s new Ultra HD Blu-ray Player via HDMI (2.0a) for access to UHD movies with HDR.
Samsung’s First Ultra HD Blu-ray Player
Samsung also unveiled its first Ultra HD Blu-ray Player, the UBD-K8500, which is HDR compatible and offers four times the resolution and 64 times detailed colour expression of a conventional Blu-ray player. It features a sleek, curved front design and will be available in March 2016.
When paired with Samsung SUHD TV’s Quantum dot display, the new UHD Blu-ray player delivers exceptional picture quality. The UBD-K8500’s built-in upscaling technology enhances the picture quality from standard Blu-ray discs and DVDs, and consumers can also play CDs.
Samsung has partnered with Hollywood studios to ensure consumers have a selection of Ultra HD Blu-rays with astonishing HDR picture quality. This year, 20th Fox, Warner Bros. and Sony Pictures are slated to slated to release more than 600 4K Ultra HD discs with HDR combined. Dolby Atmos® will also be included on select titles for a truly immersive home theatre experience.
For more information on this press release including photos and related Samsung Newsroom articles, please visit news.samsung.com/global/samsung-reveals-spectacular-2016-suhd-tv-lineup-to-begin-a-new-decade-of-global-tv-leadership.
# # #
About Samsung Electronics Canada
Samsung Electronics Canada inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies, redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances and printers. Samsung is a leader in the Internet of Things space through, among others, our Smart Home initiatives. In 2014, Samsung was ranked one of the top 10 most influential brands in Canada, based on a study by Ipsos Reid. Committed to making a difference in communities across Canada, its Samsung Hope for Children corporate giving program supports children's education, sustainability and health-related issues. Globally, Samsung employs 319000 people across 84 countries with annual sales of $196 billion.
To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
For more information, please contact: