MISSISSAUGA, ON – April 19, 2013 – Samsung Canada today announced the availability of the highly anticipated Samsung GALAXY Note 8.0. Small and lightweight, the GALAXY Note 8.0 brings a new era of intelligent Note technology to the mid-size tablet category. The compact one-hand-grip screen features an unrivalled multimedia performance and redefines the way users read, watch, play, listen, create and connect with family and friends.
"We are very excited that Canadians can now experience the Samsung GALAXY Note 8.0 - the perfect tool for multi-tasking on the go," said Paul Brannen, Vice President, Enterprise Business Group, Samsung Canada. "Due to the convenience and mobility, the demand for Android-based tablets continues to grow and Samsung is proud to continue to lead this charge with the announcement of the GALAXY Note 8.0.”
Increase your productivity
- Loaded with exciting new apps and updated features, the GALAXY Note 8.0 is designed for productivity.
- Search, stream and game faster with the powerful quad core processor and 2 GB of RAM.
- Become a multi-tasking dynamo with the Multi Window feature, which lets you run two apps on the same screen, at the same time.
- Bring your ideas to life with the innovative S Pen, which allows you to handwrite on your tablet. It also features Air View (take a peek at any file just by hovering over it), Easy Clip (allows you clip out your favourite images with precision) and Quick Command (helps you easily find what you’re looking for).
Do more on the go
- With its compact 8" design and a suite of exciting preloaded content and services, the Note 8.0 is the full creative arsenal that is small and lightweight enough to keep with you on the go.
- Master your ‘to do’ list with Awesome Note an integrated application available on an Android tablet for the first time. This application offers unlimited note-taking uses including Memo, Diary and Must-remember lists. Additionally, the S Note templates and the S Planner feature help manage everyday tasks, including meeting notes, to-do lists and even personal diary entries.
- Show your artistic side with Paper Artist, which helps users reach a whole new level of artistic expression with beautiful brushes to create stunning drawings, paintings, and illustrations.
Centre of the home
- Become an all-star at home with AllShare Cast, which lets users beam photos, videos and even games onto the big screen. You can also connect and share seamlessly with other Samsung devices thanks to AllShare Play.
- Turn your tab into a TV remote control with the Peel Smart Remote feature.
Additional Device Features
- Android Jelly Bean 4.1
- 8" WXGA TFT screen with 1280 x 800 Resolution
- 1.6 GHz Quad Core Processor
- 2 GB RAM
- S Pen
- S-GPS with GLONASS
- 5-Megapixel Main Camera and 1.3-Megapixel Front-Facing Camera
- 16 GB Internal Storage + Expandable MicroSD Card Slot (up to 64 GB)
- Bluetooth® 4.0
- 4600 mAh Battery
- 11Pin Connector, 3.5 mm Ear jack
- AllShare Cast
- Readers/Game/Video/Learning Hubs
The Samsung GALAXY Note 8.0 is available beginning today through authorized national retailers, including Best Buy, Future Shop, and Staples. For specific pricing and details, please visit your nearest retailer. In addition, you can find more product information at www.samsung.com/ca/galaxynote8.
* All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
* Android is a trademarks of Google Inc.
About Samsung Electronics Canada
Samsung Electronics Canada offers a broad range of award-winning consumer electronics including televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. The Canadian arm, selected as one of Canada’s Top 10 Marketers of the Year in 2012 by Marketing Magazine, upholds Samsung's global mission to open new possibilities for people everywhere, providing users premium experiences that are unparalleled due to Samsung's innovative technology and stylish design. As a result, Samsung has become a true leader in the consumer electronics industry both in terms of business leadership and brand strength. In 2012, Samsung was ranked #9 in the Interbrand "100 Best Global Brands" breaking the top ten for the first time, and was named as one of Fast Company's "50 Most Innovative Companies of 2011".
To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com
Follow Samsung Mobile Canada at facebook.com/SamsungMobileCanada or on Twitter @SamsungMobileCA.