MISSISSAUGA, ON – January 15, 2014 – Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., a market leader and award-winning innovator in consumer electronics, semiconductors and telecommunications, announced that it won 80 prestigious awards at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2015 Innovations Awards. CES, the world’s largest consumer technology tradeshow held by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) every year, has honoured Samsung with 76 prestigious awards last year.
Among the CES awards for 2015, Samsung was recognized with one Best of Innovation award, 31 Best of Home Entertainment honours and several other awards for connected home technologies. Products entered in the CES Innovation program are judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, engineers, and members of the media that honours outstanding design and engineering in cutting-edge consumer electronics products across 28 categories.
Additional honours were awarded individually by top media and industry organizations in attendance at the event that spotlighted Samsung technology among the tens of thousands of new products announced at this year’s event.
“Samsung continues to focus on putting the consumer first by delivering first-class, groundbreaking products and services across categories,” said Mark Childs, Chief Marketing Officer, Samsung Canada. “We are honoured that CEA and the industry continue to recognize our commitment to bring new value to people’s lives through exceptional next-generation technologies that will transform the way we live.”
Samsung’s award-winners represent the breadth of Samsung’s product portfolio, including TV, home theater system, mobile phone, tablet, home appliance, software, and computer component categories.
Some of the awards include:
- Samsung’s JS9500 TV which received more than eight awards including Ubergizmo’s Best of CES award, Digital Trends’ Best Television at CES 2015 award and Reviewed.com’s 2015 CES Editors’ Choice award.
- Samsung’s 105-inch UN105S9B TV, the World’s First and Largest Bendable SUHD TV, earned a CES award for Best of Innovation: Video Displays.
- Samsung’s Active Wash Washing Machine which received three awards including Digital Trends’ Top Tech of CES 2015 Awards, Mashable’s Best of CES 2015 award and Reviewed.com’s CES Editors’ Choice Award.
- The Samsung Flex Duo Dual Door Range amassed three awards including 2015 International CES Best of Innovation Honouree, Reviewed.com’s CES Editors’ Choice Award and Techlicious’ Top Pick of CES.
- Samsung’s revolutionary portable SSD T1 earned eight awards including PC Mag’s Best of CES Best Storage Device award, Reviewed.com’s CES Editors’ Choice Award and Techlicious’ Top Picks of CES list.
- Samsung’s ATIV Book 9 received four awards, including Digital Trend’s Top Tech of CES 2015 Finalist, Pocket-Lint’s Best Laptops of CES 2015, Tech Times’ CES Best of Innovation award and Windows Central’s CES Top Pick award.
- SmartThings earned Reviewed.com’s 2015 CES Editors’ Choice Award.
The International CES is the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for more than 40 years—the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. As the largest hands-on event of its kind, CES features all aspects of the industry. And because it is owned and produced by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), the technology trade association representing the $211 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry, it attracts the world’s business leaders and pioneering thinkers to a forum where the industry’s most relevant issues are addressed.
About Samsung Electronics Canada Inc.
Samsung Electronics Canada is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for young minded consumers everywhere through innovation, stylish design and premium experiences. Through relentless innovation and discovery, Samsung is transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs, cameras, home appliances, printers, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. As a result, Samsung has become a true leader in the technology industry. In 2013, Samsung was ranked #7 in the Interbrand 100 Best Global Brands while the Canadian arm was named as one of Strategy Magazine’s 2013 Brands of the Year and Marketing Magazine’s 2012 Top 10 Marketers of the Year in Canada. Globally, Samsung employs 286000 people across 80 countries with annual sales of US$216.7 billion.
To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
Follow Samsung Canada at facebook.com/SamsungCanada or on Twitter @SamsungCanada
For more information, please contact:
North Strategic for Samsung Canada