Samsung Stays Ahead of the Curve with the Galaxy Note edge
Samsung launches smartphone that offers a unique mobile design with multitasking capabilities
MISSISSUGA, ON, January 27, 2015 – Samsung Canada, one of the leading suppliers of smartphones to Canadians, today announced the availability of an innovative twist to its iconic Galaxy Note series, the Galaxy Note Edge. Featuring all of the things consumers love about the Note series including a stunning Quad HD Super AMOLED® display and S Pen, the Note Edge introduces a continuous curved screen that runs along the right side of the device. This beautiful new curved Edge Screen delivers access to email, Internet, apps, notifications, news and more — without interrupting the content on the main screen. Thanks to this revolution in display technology, Samsung continues to give Canadians the ability to increase their mobile productivity by giving them more screen for interruption-free notifications.
“The Galaxy Note Edge is one of our most innovative and unique smartphone designs to date, which once again demonstrates that we are listening and responding to our consumers,” said Paul Brannen, Executive Vice President, Mobile Solutions, Samsung Canada. “The Edge Screen helps busy Canadians get more done on-the-go with incoming calls, texts, emails and alerts appearing neatly contained in the Edge panel without interrupting your main screen experience.”
Get the Edge:
- An Uninterrupted Smartphone Experience: The Galaxy Note Edge provides more freedom and a continuous viewing experience with its one-of-a-kind bended Edge Screen. Plus, Table Top Mode turns your Edge Screen into a night clock, keeping you connected without draining your battery.
- More Screen, More Content: Thanks to the Galaxy Note Edge’s curved screen, content viewed on the 5.6-inch main screen is kept free from disruption, simplifying how you interact with your smartphone and putting more control back in your hands. Watch a movie, browse the Internet or snap a picture with ease using controls on the curved Edge Screen.
- Epic Selfies for Unforgettable Moments: In addition to its 16 MP rear-facing camera, the Galaxy Note Edge features an impressive 3.7 MP front-facing camera with an f1.9 lens that offers a 90-degree shooting angle and up to a 120-degree wide angle. Meaning users can capture even more friends and fun in the frame.
- Power Up Fast and Keep Going Longer: Just like the Note 4, when it’s time to power up, the Galaxy Note Edge’s Adaptive Fast Charging recharges up to 50 per cent of your battery in about 30 minutes. Use Ultra Power Saving Mode to maximize battery life and continue to receive calls and texts for longer on only 10 per cent of a charge1.
- Get more done with the S Pen: With an enhanced S Pen featuring 2048 touch pressure points, writing on the Galaxy Note Edge feels more natural and offers a much more authentic pen experience that flawlessly emulates writing on paper.
- The First CAT6 LTE Advance Mobile Device in Canada: The Galaxy Note Edge delivers a new level of mobile freedom by capitalizing on even faster LTE speeds, becoming the first CAT6 smartphone to hit the Canadian market.
- A Multitasker’s Dream: The Galaxy Note Edge takes all the multitasking power that is familiar on the Note series one step further. The Edge Screen frees up more space to interact with your favourite applications and delivers an unrivalled productivity experience. It is equipped with Multi-Window where users can choose how they want to view their applications with full, split or pop-up screens, and easily change the size and positioning of apps with one intuitive swipe.
- Your Favourite Content, Brought to Life: Samsung’s revolutionary Quad HD Super AMOLED display reproduces clear, vivid images with deep contrast, great viewing angles and response times as fast as a millionth of a second. With its bold 5.6-inch screen, your favourite HD content appears lifelike and looks amazing.
The Galaxy Note Edge will launch to Canadian consumers through an interactive campaign that brings the key device features to life. Working with prominent YouTube personalities, a series of videos will be released that show how to express creativity in fun new ways and highlight what’s possible using the S Pen and Edge Screen.
Pre-orders have begun for the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge, which will be available in Charcoal Black with select carriers on February 18, 2015. Please contact your carriers for more details.
1Battery power consumption depends on factors such as network configuration, carrier network, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, vibrate mode, backlight settings, browser use, frequency of calls, and voice, data and other application-usage patterns. Adaptive fast charging requires an AFC compatible charger to work.
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Product Specifications
|Network||2.5 G (GSM / GPRS / EDGE): 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
3G (HSPA＋ 42 Mbps): 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
4 G (LTE Cat 4 150 / 50 Mbps) or 4 G (LTE Cat 6 300 / 50 Mbps)
* May differ by country and carrier.
|AP||2.7 GHz Quad-Core Processor
1.9 GHz Octa-Core (1.9 GHz Quad + 1.3 GHz Quad-Core) Processor
* May differ by country and carrier
|Display||5.6 inch (141.9 mm) Quad HD + Super AMOLED (2560 x 1440 + 160)|
|OS||Android 4.4 (KitKat)|
|Camera||Rear Facing: 16 Mega pixel Auto Focus camera with Smart OIS
Front Facing: 3.7 Mega pixel camera with f1.9
|Rear Facing Camera : HDR (Rich tone), Selective Focus, Rear-cam Selfie, Beauty face, Virtual Tour Shot, Shot&More, Dual Camera
Front Facing Camera: Selfie, Wide Selfie
|Video||Codec: H.264, MPEG-4, H.263, VC-1, WMV7, WMV8, Sorenson Spark, MP43, VP8, Recording & Playback: up to UHD|
|Audio||Codec: MP3, AAC / AAC+ / eAAC+, WMA, AMR-NB / WB, Vorbis, FLAC (*)
(*) Ultra High Quality Audio (~ 192 KHz, 24 bit) support
|S Pen Optimized
|Air Command: Action Memo, Screen Write, Image Clip, Smart Select,
S Note, Photo note, Direct Pen Input
|Additional Features||Multi Window|
|Ultra Power Saving Mode|
|Voice Recorder (Normal Mode, Interview Mode, Meeting Mode, Voice Memo)|
|S Health 3.5|
|Dynamic Lock Screen|
|Edge screen UX: Revolving Interaction, Immersive apps(Camera, Video, S Note),
Ticker board, Express me, Quick Tools, Night Clock, etc
|Chrome, Drive, Photos, Gmail, Google, Google+, Google Settings, Hangouts, Maps, Play Books, Play Games, Play Newsstand, Play Movie & TV, Play Music, Play Store, Voice Search, YouTube|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (HT80) MIMO PCIe
GPS / GLONASS / Beidou
NFC, Bluetooth® v 4.1 (BLE)
IR LED (Remote Control), USB 2.0, MHL 3.0
MirrorLink Certified™ (v1.1)
|Sensor||Gesture, Accelerometer, Geo-magnetic, Gyroscope, RGB, IR-LED
Proximity, Barometer, Hall Sensor, Finger Scanner, UV, Heart Rate Monitoring, SpO2 (Dependent on market)
|Memory||32 GB Internal memory + microSD slot (up to 128 GB)
3 GB RAM
|Dimension||151.3 x 82.4 x 8.3 mm, 174 g|
|Battery||Standard battery, Li-ion 3000 mAh, Fast Charging (Adaptive Fast Charging & Quick Charging 2.0)|
* The availability of service and the product specification may differ by country.
* All functionality, features, specifications, and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
About Samsung Electronics Canada
Samsung Electronics Canada is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for young minded consumers everywhere through innovation, stylish design and premium experiences. Through relentless innovation and discovery, Samsung is transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs, cameras, home appliances, printers, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. As a result, Samsung has become a true leader in the technology industry. In 2013, Samsung was ranked #8 in the Interbrand 100 Best Global Brands while the Canadian arm was named as one of Strategy Magazine's 2013 Brands of the Year and Marketing Magazine's 2012 Top 10 Marketers of the Year in Canada. Globally, Samsung employs 286000 people across 80 countries with annual sales of US$216.7 billion.
©Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. All rights reserved. Samsung and Samsung Gear S are registered trademarks or trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Used with permission.