Samsung Olympic Tickets Competition Terms and Conditions –
Great Britain and Northern Ireland
By entering this Competition (the “Competition”) you (the “participant”) agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any information or instructions published by the Promoter about the Competition on the “www.samsung.com/cl/vodafone” website form part of these terms and conditions.
- The promoter of this Competition is Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited, Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0PS (the “Promoter”).
- To contact the promoter please dial 0330 726 7864 between Monday to Friday 9am-6pm. Please note that opening hours may change on public and bank holidays. To maintain and improve the quality of service, the promoter may monitor and/or record telephone calls. If you need to call from overseas, or prefer not to use 0330 726 7864 you can call +44 (0)1932 454358. Call costs vary - please contact your provider for details.
- This Competition is open to residents of Great Britain and Northern Ireland aged 18 or over only.
- Employees or agents of the Promoter or any of its group companies or their families or households or anyone professionally connected to this Competition are not eligible to enter. Vodafone employees who purchase a Galaxy Device in accordance with these terms and conditions may enter the Competition. Individual employees of Vodafone's small business customers (purchasing less than 50 handsets) may also enter the Competition.
- In order to enter the Competition, participants resident in Great Britain must purchase a Samsung Galaxy S2, Galaxy Y, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Ace or Galaxy Mini (“Galaxy Device”) direct from Vodafone, e.g. via telephone sales, online, or in a Vodafone store, during the Competition Period (defined below). Entries received from par Galaxy Device will be withdrawn from the Competition.
- Residents in Northern Ireland must either purchase a Galaxy Device in accordance with the above paragraph, or may enter the Competition in accordance with paragraph 12 below.
- There are 82 prizes available to be won by residents of Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) and 9 prizes available to be won by residents of Northern Ireland.
Each prize is a pair of tickets to one of the following Olympic Events (the “Prize”):
Event Session Description Athletics Men & Women – Finals Athletics Men & Women – Finals Badminton Men & Women Singles, Mixed Doubles QF Badminton Men's Doubles Quarterfinals Badminton Men's Singles SF, Mixed Doubles Final Badminton Women's Singles/Doubles BF & Final Badminton Men's Singles/Doubles BF Basketball Men Preliminaries Basketball Men – SF Basketball Men – Final Beach Volleyball Women – BF & Final Cycling – BMX Men & Women – SF & Final Cycling – Track Men & Women – Final Cycling – Track Men & Women Diving Men's Synchronised 3m Springboard Final Diving Women's 3m Springboard Preliminary Diving Women's 3m Springboard Semifinal Diving Men's 3m Springboard Preliminary Diving Women's 10m Platform Preliminary Diving Women's 10m Platform Semifinal Diving Men's 10m Platform Semifinal Diving Men's 10m Platform Final Equestrian – Jumping Jumping Individual Final Football Men's Preliminaries Football Men – QF Football Men – SF Football Men – BF Football Men – Final Gymnastics – Artistic Men & Women – Final Handball Men Preliminaries Handball Men – QF Handball Women – SF Hockey Women's Classification Judo Men +100kg & Women +78kg BF/Final Rowing Men & Women SF/Final Rowing Men & Women SF/Final Sailing Men & Women – Final Swimming Men & Women SF/Final Swimming Men & Women Heats Synchronised Swimming Women Duet Final Tennis Men & Women – Singles/Doubles Tennis Men & Women – Singles/Doubles/Mixed Tennis Men & Women – S/D/M – QF Tennis Men & Women – S/D/M – SF Tennis Men Single Final, Women & Mixed Doubles – Final Table Tennis Men's Singles SF Table Tennis Men's Team QF Table Tennis Men's Team BF Volleyball Men Preliminaries
- The Prize is a pair of tickets only. Winners will be allocated tickets randomly and will not have a choice of tickets. Each winner will have to make their own way to the relevant venue in order to use the Prize. Ticket collection details will be communicated to winners in advance.
- Use of the tickets is subject to the London 2012 ticketing Terms and Conditions as set out at the following link: http://www.tickets.london2012.com/purchaseterms.html.
- The London 2012 Organising Committee (LOCOG) give no guarantee in relation to the London 2012 ticket prize, and cannot be held liable for any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from a winner’s (and where applicable, guest’s) use of the London 2012 ticket prize.
- The Prize carries no cash value, is non-transferable and may not be substituted by the winner. The Promoter may substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize.
- The Competition is open from 1 February 2012 until 23.59 (UK Time) on 29 February 2012 (“the Competition Period”).
For participants who purchase a Galaxy Device, once it has been activated users will be sent an SMS inviting them to register for the Competition. After receiving the SMS, Participants must:
- connect to the Internet – either through their network provider or over WIFI;
- click on the link within the SMS sent to their device or search for 'Samsung 2012' on the Android Market Place application on their device;
- download and install the 'Samsung 2012' application from Android Market place;
- use the 'Samsung 2012' application, allow it to recogsnise the IMEI number of the device; and
- enter all of the required information (the “Entry”).
- Participants who are residents of Northern Ireland may also enter the competition without making a purchase by sending a legible copy of their name, address, phone number and email address to: Samsung Vodafone Tickets Promotion, PO Box 106, Welshpool SY21 7WW (also an “Entry”).
- Entries must be received by the Promoter before 15 March 2012.
- No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for lost, delayed or damaged data which occurs during any communication or transmission of Entries.
- Only one Entry is permitted per IMEI number (or per person for Entries received in accordance with paragraph 12). Duplicate Entries will be removed from the Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to disqualify Entries which it considers do not comply with these terms and conditions or any participant who it reasonably believes has interfered with the fair running of this Competition.
- Fully completed entries must be sent to be received no later than the end of the Competition Period. Entries received after the Competition Period will not be eligible for entry.
The winners of the Prizes will be:
- for Entries received from residents of Great Britain: the first 82 Entries selected at random on 31 March 2012 from all Entries received; and
- for Entries received from residents of Northern Ireland: the first 9 Entries selected at random on 31 March 2012 from all Entries received.
If a winning participant from Great Britain has returned their Galaxy Device prior to the date of the prize draw:
- the Entry will be deemed invalid and removed from the Competition; and
- a new winning Entry will be chosen at random.
- The winner of the Prizes will be notified using the email address provided at the time of entry. The winners will have 7 days from the date the notification was sent to claim their prize by sending a reply to the email address from which the notification email from the Promoter was received.
- In the event that a winner is unreachable, ineligible, or fails to claim the prize in the time required, the winner shall forfeit their prize. The prize will be reused by the Promoter for future promotions.
- The winners will be announced on or around 18th April 2012.
Details of the winners will be published on the following website: www.samsung.com/cl/vodafone.
Privacy and Data Protection
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish the names and towns of residence of all winners.
- Other than as set out in these terms and conditions or for the purposes of operating the Promotion, the details and information provided by the participant when entering the Promotion or claiming a prize will not be used for any promotional purpose, nor shall they be passed to any third party.
Special terms for the winners of the Prize
By accepting the prize, the winner:
- agrees to take part in media interviews including but not limited to magazine, television and radio interviews;
- agrees to be photographed by the Promoter for the purposes of promoting the Competition and the Promoter’s products; and
- agrees to participate in the Promoter’s other marketing and promotional activities.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to this Competition whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
- The Promoter reserves the right, acting reasonably and in accordance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice, to vary the terms and conditions of this Competition.
- The Promoter will not be responsible or liable for: (a) any failure to receive Entries due to transmission failures; (b) any late, lost, misrouted, or damaged transmissions or entries; (c) any computer or communications related malfunctions or failures; (d) any disruptions, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter; or (e) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Competition.
- By entering the Competition, the participant agrees to release the Promoter from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Competition or with the acceptance, possession, attendance at or use of any prize (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
- This Competition is governed by English law.