In the indoor applications, the optical fiber cables must have performance comparable to that of copper cables. Therefore SAMSUNG's Ultra Bendfree™ is required to improve the fiber bend performance ("beyond G.657.B3") to meet the network requirements such as faster, easy, low skill, plug and play installation for applying tensioning, stapling, and 90-degree corner bend at the same time, it is compatible with large scale manufacturing.
Supporting MDU (Multi Dwelling Unit) and in-home wiring applications, the Ultra Bendfree™, Enhanced Bend Insensitive Fiber, with optimized trench-assisted index profile using our own standard process suitable for mass production, which was superior to G.657.B3 and compatible with G.652.D.
Feature / Benefit
- Extremely superior bending performance ("Beyond B3") : ≤ 0.1 dB @R5mm_1550nm
- In-home or MDU applications such as sharp corner bend, stapling etc.
- Solid structure : Good mechanical reliability and Easy to splicing with
- Protection of fiber coating degradation in case high power systems
- Low Water Peak Fiber
- Multiple Dwelling Unit (MDU)
- In-Home Wiring (Curl-cord)
- FTTx Drop cable