Samsung Mobile Solutions Forum 2013
- Schedule : Sep. 12. 2013
- Location : The Westin Taipei Hotel(B3), Taiwan
For more pictures, visit this gallery site.
Challenges for Super Mobile Devices
(System LSI Marketing Team)
|14:30~14:50|| Cloud Computing in Taiwan
Dr. George Wang
(Cloud Computing Association)
The Contenders in Mobile Era : Samsung Lions Vs. Chiawan Foxes
|Sub Conference (Cloud)||15:30~15:50||
Next-generation cloud architecture is software-defined
Dr. Tzi-Cker Chiueh
Industrial Technology Research Institute(ITRI)
This Prepare Cloud Era with Samsung Green Memory Solution
Dr. Mike Mang
(Memory Nand Marketing)
|Sub Conference (Tablet)||16:15~16:35||
Tablet PC Market Dynamics & Display Trend
Improving Processor Performance For Mobile Platforms
How to Improve Tablet User Experience by Offering Total Solution?
(System LSI Mobile Solution Marketing)
Samsung Display solution for Tablet
(Display Sales Team)
- There are four main challenges when developing solutions for Super Mobile Devices; CPU/GPU performance improvement with less power, wider memory bandwidth for better display, security enhancement, and offering of optimized total solution. This presentation goes over the challenges above and Samsung's readiness by leveraging wide product portfolios and solutions.
Cloud Computing is a new computing model/new business model. It is a major paradigm shift for the IT industry. In many ways, Cloud Computing presents a challenge to the hardware centric IT industry in Taiwan. Our government has put together the "Cloud Computing Applications and Industry Development Plan" to transform Taiwan’s IT industry to the cloud computing era.
In this talk, we will present a summary of the Cloud Computing Applications and Industry Development Strategy and will introduce the efforts of government and our cloud association to help Taiwan Cloud industry. we will also discuss the cloud computing transformation of Taiwan companies with some examples.
The mobile industry has begun a new virtuous circle. What are the key variables in mobile industry? How do we face severe competition worldwide and product cycles that grow shorter and shorter, flexibility and speed to market have become important industry core competencies in the mobile industry. The brave and strong players like Samsung lions, or smart as Taiwan foxes, all hold strategic position for new opportunity. But, no one could win without paying attention to China market. In what ways are Korean and Taiwanese firms cooperating most effectively in the ICT industry?
I'll introduce the Taiwan and Korea industry/s greatest strengths and weaknesses in this lecture. In further, we also have to redefine the "competition" from different perspectives of Korean and Taiwan.
- Software-defined cloud systems refer to the ability to use software to define the control plane of a cloud device, be it a rack of servers, a network of switches, a storage system or even an entire data center. In this presentation, It will explain the key concepts and technical trends of software-defined cloud system architecture and focus on software-defined networks and storage systems.
The world is faced with global warming problem and the carbon emission is a main reason. Today, reducing carbon emission is the biggest challenge of Humankind. There is no exception to this challenge in IT industry, so many of IT companies are trying to reduce carbon emission by adopting energy saving gadgets. It is more and more important to reduce power consumption in this data explosion era, therefore lots of mobile business companies are using energy efficient cloud computing service to obtain the maximum output with minimum input.
In this session, we will introduce how the low-power, high-performance memory solution affect the efficiency of data center with practical examples.
We will also touch each service area for cloud computing and propose the Samsung Green Memory solutions to share our vision for Green Industry.
- The fast growth of Tablet PC and the cannibalization on the Notebook PC has confirmed that Tablet PC will be the mainstream mobile computing devices. The fast growing tablet PC has also changed the end users' attitudes to the other entertainment devices, such as smart TV and smart phone. So new "Multi-Screen Replacement" becoming a challenge for the manufacturers. In this session we will share perspective about some key points for such fast growth of Tablet PC; display roadmap, touch compatibility, new technologies(LTPS, Oxide TFT and even AMOLED) etc.
- The expectations from users of mobile platforms continue to spiral. Smartphones and tablets are now replacing personal computers and mobile platforms are becoming the central computing experience in many of our lives. This presentation will lay out some of the techniques being deployed in leading-edge mobile application processors that are going to continue the trend in increasing compute performance on mobile devices that will result in future mobile platforms. ARM has been focused for many years on maximizing the performance that can be delivered in an energy-constrained environment. This presentation will discuss the techniques of heterogeneous computing that are deployed in the latest ARM® Cortex™-A processors, ARM Mali™ GPUs and the challenges and the keys to efficient multiprocessor system implementations. We will show some specific system benchmark comparisons, including some based on ARM big.LITTLE™heterogeneous processor configurations. Further we will explore the new experiences that will be made possible by GPU computing with Mali GPUs
- Importance of the Tablet business is growing as smart phone market starts the sign of saturation. The key to succeed in the tablet market is to provide the quality user experience to users, and this aspect is more important than other mobile devices since users are interacting with bigger screen with finer resolution. However, still most of the tablet OEMs, especially in Android tablets, are focusing on the hardware specs and cost, which are not necessarily translated into better user experience. In this session, we will review the latest study on tablet usage behavior, which shows various spectrum of what users want depending on the segments. Based on this, the gap between what users expect and what are actually offered by Tablet OEMs is defined, then how to fill the gap by offering total solution - software, hardware, components, OS etc. - will be discussed.
Tablet has become a synergy device between handset and IT products. Numerous and diversified players have joined this campaign.
As the competition gets severe, tablet players seek the way to differentiate themselves from others.
Display takes a more important role to make the tablet different.
As a forward moving and competitive provider, Samsung would like to present you display solution for high resolution, low power consumption, and touch.
- Samsung Electronics Taiwan / 台灣三星電子
- Ms Sophia Kuo 郭培仙
- Tel: 886-2-2656-8686 ext.608
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Wenstin Taipei / 台北威斯汀六福皇宮
- Ms Kay Chiang 江蕙嬑
- Tel: 886-2-3518-3038
- E-Mail: kaychiang@Wenstin.com.tw