We practice progressive and innovative entrepreneurship
under the principle of transparent and responsible management
The Company has established committees under the Board in accordance with relevant laws to ensure efficient and prompt decision-making, and delegated certain specific responsibilities to the committees. Each committee under the Board reviews and addresses major issues that require specific expertise and experience.
- Management Committee
- Audit Committee
- Independent Director Recommendation Committee
- Related Party Transactions Committee
- Compensation Committee
- Governance Committee
Each agenda approved by board committees is instantly notified to all Directors, and each Director may call for the convocation of Board
meetings within two days from the notice. The Board of Directors may put the resolutions approved by the committees forward for voting
at the Board meeting. (except the agenda approved by the Audit Committee)
The Governance Committee is a committee under the Board of Directors. The committee was established in April 2017, merging the old CSR committee, to promote the company’s corporate social responsibility and to enhance shareholder value. The Governance Committee will assume the responsibilities of the CSR committee which supervises activities related to the corporate social responsibility of the company, and will review/address all issues related to enhancing shareholder value. The CSR Risk Management Council under the Governance committee supervises the internal management system to address CSR risks, and discusses ways to resolve the issues..Composition
In accordance with relevant laws and regulations, the Governance Committee shall comprise at least two but no more than eight Independent Directors, who are appointed by resolution at the Board meeting. Currently the committee consists of five Independent Directors.
- Convening of Meetings
- The Governance Committee meetings shall be held at least once every half year.
- Notice of Convening Meetings
- The Head shall call meetings and notify the members and other participants of the meeting time and place at least 24 hours in advance.
- Method of Resolution
- The presence of the majority of all members shall constitute a quorum for a meeting of the committee and the resolutions of the committee shall be adopted by a majority of the votes of the members attending the meeting; provided that the committee meeting may take place via electronic means, such as conference call, within the scope provided by relevant laws.
- Matters related to the company’s corporate social responsibility
- Matters related to shareholder value enhancement : Preliminary review on shareholder return policies, activities for improving shareholders’ rights and interests, and other important management matters that can significantly impact shareholder value
- Establishment, composition, operation of organizations under the committee including research groups, councils, etc.
- Other issues delegated by the Board of Directors
※ 2013 ~ March, 2017 : CSR Committee
Committee Activities in 2017 Date Agenda Attendance 24 February, 2017 ※ Reported Item
Report on 1Q17 results of CSR risk management council
Committee Activities in 2016 Date Agenda Attendance 29 November, 2016 ※ Reported Item
Report on 4Q16 results of CSR risk management council
5/5 present 28 July, 2016 Establishment of CSR risk management council 5/5 present 20 May, 2016 Review on risk management plans 5/5 present Research results and findings of the 2nd term research committee for the advancement of corporate ecosystem 28 April, 2016 Review on establishment of risk management counci 5/5 present
Committee Activities in 2015 Date Agenda Attendance 30 July, 2015 Report on corporate social contribution activities 5/5 present 29 April, 2015 Appointment of the head of the committee 5/5 present Operation of the 2nd term of the research committee for the advancement of corporate system 29 January, 2015 Report on corporate social contribution activities 5/5 present
Committee Activities in 2014 Date Agenda Attendance 30 May, 2014 Research results and findings from the advancement of corporate ecosystem research council 4/5 present Reported Progress of research results for the environmental safety 24 January, 2014 Report on the results of establishment of research committee for environmental safety -
Committee Activities in 2013 Date Agenda Attendance 29 November, 2013 Report on '13 corporate social contribution activities 5/5 present Report on research committee for the advancement of corporate ecosystem 30 May, 2013 Establishment of research committee for the advancement of corporate ecosystem and appointment of research members 5/5 present 19 March, 2013 Appointment of the head of CSR Committee 5/5 present Report on '13 corporate social contribution strategies