- 4.3" SUPER AMOLED Plus
- The 4.3" SUPER AMOLED Plus display goes a step beyond the already
remarkable SUPER AMOLED to provide enhanced readability,
a slimmer design, and better battery consumption
for the best viewing value of any smartphone.
- Dual Core Application Processor
Clocking at lightening speeds the performance of
the Dual Core Application Processor provides functionality
and density for fast browsing, quick multi-tasking, a smooth UI, snappy
streaming and efficient gaming. With encoding/decoding ability that
supports video play and recording, the Samsung GALAXY S II showcases outstanding power and performance.
- 8.49mm Slim Design
- Taking slim to the next dimension. The Samsung GALAXY S II rides the leading
edge with an ultra-slim 8.49mm form factor, a luxurious design and
an easy grip. The ultra-slim smartphonealso boasts 3D TouchWiz UX
adds to the evolutionary experience with a futuristic user interface.
- 4.3" SUPER AMOLED Plus
- Express your color! This brilliant display delivers superior color, enhanced readability, and great battery consumption. The Truly vivid color reproductions will really surprise you and because the contrast ratio is very high, you can clearly see separations of light and dark. It also has an ultrafast response time, which akes for smoother graphics. Put that together with it's amazing thinness and 4.3-inch size and you’ve got PC-like browsing in the palm of your hand.
- Live Panel
- Content is King. Drop the apps and get direct access to your content through Samsung’s new personalizable UX, a magazine style layout that selects contents that you use the most, your gallery, music, video, SNS,email, notes, games and weather then displays them on your main screen. This live content ecosystem can be customized to your taste and provides easy access to your contents. Don’t search for content, live it!
- Readers Hub
- Leave the bookshelf at home and carry your Samsung GALAXY S II in your hand. Readers Hub is a great place to flip through your library of classics & best sellers or browse through more than two million books to choose from. On top of that, you will have access to more than 2,500 magazines in 20 languages and 2,000 of newspapers in 47 languages at your fingertips. Crisp, sharp text makes reading a pleasure and your experience will be easier to manage with magnification, text only and page views (for magazine and Newspapers), audio access (for Newspapers), one touch sharing via email (for Magazine), and more features. Believe in books, but look beyond paper.
- PC-like Web Browsing
- Unmistakably informative! Mobilize your information gathering capabilities. Put PC-like web browsing in your palm or pocket to access a universe of information with the upgraded user interface. Fully optimized for Android Gingerbread, the Samsung GALAXY S II’s brilliant web browsing function will put it into perspective with easy search optimization and a clear view of your subject matter. The 4.3” SUPER AMOLED Plus and Adobe Flash Player capabilities let you get the full multimedia experience. Surf in style with Samsung.
- Samsung Voice Solution
- Get vocal. Just double tap the home key and you can control the Samsung GALAXY S II with a few selected words. Take charge and execute major functions like calling, music, messaging, scheduling and launching apps with the ease of a voice command. You can also capture your thoughts, make a note to yourself and send it to your friends by simply saying send!
- Social Hub
- Organize and synchronize better all in your online contacts through Social Hub. Streamline your email, SMS, IM and SNS information into one unified box, and interact faster with more people in the way you want to.
- NFC (Near Field Communication)
- Leave your wallet at home. The Samsung GALAXY S II has it in hand. It will house NFC short-range high frequency wireless communication technology for contactless credit card payments. It can communicate with existing smartcards and readers and is compatible with existing contactless infrastructure for public transportation and payment systems. Use NFC for secure purchasing, ticket reservations, as a transit pass, or even for electronic door entry. You can even scan smart tags on posters or billboards to download the details to your phone. That’s Samsung smart!
- Dual Core Application Processor
- Making the impossible possible. Dual Core Application Processor is the ultra responsive
answer to mobile performance, providing high-speed multitasking, quick web page loading, quick
reaction speeds, a smoother UI, lightning fast image editing and high performance gaming. And with
its screaming fast encoding/decoding ability, which supports video playing and shooting, outstands computing power and performance.
- Game Hub
- Join in on the action. The Samsung GALAXY S II’s Game Hub lets you to download high quality games, providing over 20 social network games and premium games. Search for games and new release information or play away. With an accelerometer, and gyroscope sensors dynamic hand and arm movement games stand out from the crowd. The slightest tilt and you’re dead – now that’s entertainment.
- Music Hub
- Keep your music close, while accessing the world of 13 million tracks of songs. Samsung’s Music Hub*, powered by 7digital, provides an intuitive playback system while you search, discover, preview, purchase and download tracks on the go. The app will also provide you with the viewing experience for rich information, with access to all the artist bios, discographies and reviews you desire. Get recommendations on hot and new albums and add to the excitement with the virtual 5.1 channel sound.
- Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
- Optimized to securely access enterprise resources on a Microsoft Exchange server to stay up to date with your business email, calendar, contacts and task synchronization, the Samsung GALAXY S II boasts the most comprehensive mobile implementation of Exchange ActiveSync. Providing the strongest security Mobile Device Management of any smart phone and the most policies and restrictions support among Android ActiveSync clients, it allows for real-time communication with employee phones to remotely configure settings, monitor compliance with policies, guarantee synchronized data safety and wipe or lock managed phones.
- On Device Encryption
- Play it safe with a security solution that helps protect mobile data without the need to sacrifice speed and functionality. The Samsung Galaxy S II contains powerful encrypted hardware, minimising the use of security software and applying encryption technology to the hardware itself. The incorporated Sybase Afaria Mobile Device Management and Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync complement the encryption support with their own mechanisms to help secure important corporate and personal information.
- VPN (Virtual Private Network)
- The Samsung GALAXY S II has adopted Cisco’s AnyConnect to provide reliable and easy-to-deploy encrypted network connectivity by delivering persistent corporate access for users on the go. Whether providing access to business email, a virtual desktop session, or other Android applications, it enables business-critical application connectivity.
- MDM (Mobile Device Management)
- Wipe away your concerns. Sybase and Samsung are working together to address the management and security concerns commonly faced by enterprises when deploying Android devices. This partnership provides the comprehensive capabilities that It requires to allow mobile workers access to enterprise assets using the Samsung GALAXY S II. It can now confidently extend corporate security policies to the Samsung Android platform, allowing for the adoption of both personally owned and corporate owned GALAXY S II’s.
- Cisco WebEx
- Stay on the same page and stay connected for important meetings on the go. With Cisco WebEx support, a secure, online meeting is just a click away. Users can view shared desktops, browsers, applications and documents with live annotations and feel the experience of deep integration with the Samsung GALAXY S II’s exclusive feature to initiate a WebEx meeting from the dialer and contacts screens.
Product features and service availability may differ by country.