What information do we collect about you?
Information you provide
In general, you can use many of our Services without giving us any personal information. However, for some Services, we will request information about you, such as your name, the university of which you are a faculty of, research area, email address and telephone number. You can select whether or not to provide this information.
What do we do with your information?
We may use Personal Data for purposes of identification, review of proposals and requests, and provision of notices as to whether your proposal/request has been selected.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that we retain information about you only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or as required under any contract or by applicable law.
To whom do we disclose your information?
We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties for their own independent marketing or business purposes without your consent; however, we may disclose your Personal Data as follows:
- to a Samsung affiliate;
- to service providers that help us provide the Services to you to the extent it is needed to perform their duties and functions;
- to our professional advisers;
- when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation or to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services and applicable laws. We may also disclose such information when we have good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, customers or others as required or permitted by law; or
- where it is necessary in order to pursue our legitimate interests, or if we are required to or are permitted to do so by law.
Consent to International Transfer of Data
What do we do to keep your information secure?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to do so, we have put in place reasonable physical and technical measures and procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect through the Services. This has been done with a view to prevent unauthorized or unlawful processing of your Personal Data, and accidental, unauthorized or unlawful access, use, processing, copying, alteration, transfer, loss or destruction of, or damage to your Personal Data. Although we take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure. Samsung will respond to unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or other breaches in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We protect the security of your information by:
- using encryption where appropriate; and
- limiting access to your information (that is, only employees who carry out the purposes referenced above have access to your information).
Choice of Law
By using the Services in any way, you unconditionally consent and agree that any claim, dispute, or controversy (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) you may have against the officers, directors and employees of Samsung and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates regarding the Services in any way in connection with the Services or website shall be resolved by final and binding arbitration to be conducted in Korea in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the Korean Commercial Arbitration Board
If you have any specific questions, please contact us at:
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
129 Samsung-Ro, Maetan-3dong, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea
Email: through the “Contact Us” section at http:// www.samsung.com/global/university/eng/