change and opportunity to global business and Samsung Electronics has responded with advanced technologies, competitive products and constant innovation.
At Samsung Electronics, we see every challenge as an opportunity and believe we are perfectly positioned as one of the world’s recognised leaders in the digital technology industry.
Our commitment to being the world’s best has won us the No.1 global market share for 13 of our products, including semiconductors, TFT-LCDs, monitors and CDMA mobile phones.
Looking forward, we’re making historic advances in research and development of our overall semiconductor line, including flash memory and non-memory, custom semiconductors, DRAM and SRAM, as well as producing best-in-class LCDs, mobile phones, digital appliances and more.
- Launched Galaxy S4 in the global markets
- Began mass producing the world’s first 20 nanometer 4Gb ultra high-speed mobile DRAM
- Took 9th place among global top 100 brands with a brand value of USD 32.9 billion
- The LCD business was sent to Samsung Mobile Display
- Began construction of the 7.5G LCD manufacturing plant in Suzhou, China
- Signed a patent sharing license agreement with IBM
- Became the #1 global electronics company in sales
- Acquired the medical equipment company, Medison
- Began mass producing 20nm-class, 64-gigabit 3-bit NAND flash memory
- Merged with Samsung Digital Imaging
- Launched the Galaxy smartphone series with the Android OS
- Developed the world’s first 40 nanometer DRAM
- Samsung’s brand value was ranked No. 19 in the world by Interbrand’s 2010 Best Global Brands
- Established TV manufacturing in Russia
- Became an official Olympic technology sponsor
- Developed the world’s first 40 nanometer 32Gb NAND flash memory, 50 nanometer 1GB DRAM memory
- Became an official sponsor of the Paralympic Games
- Became #1 in global TV market share
- Became the official sponsor of Chelsea, the English Premier League football club
- Developed world’s first 50 nanometers 16Gb NAND flash memory