Student Management System running on GALAXY Tab for Efficient Learning
The Samsung Student Management System is designed to encourage participation and facilitate independent study. It has transformed the learning environment at Daegu High School, making life easier for students, teachers and parents.
Daegu, Republic of Korea
- 108 teachers
- 1,147 Daegu High students
- 618 distance learning students
Comprehensive Student Management Solution
With a user interface optimized for 7-inch GALAXY Tabs, the solution offers multiple features available for subject-dedicated classrooms scheme. It enables RFID-based attendance check and connects Galaxy Tabs with the TV in the classroom
for a more efficient learning environment
- Solution embedded in the GALAXY Tab and optimised for mobile learning environment where students move frequently from classroom to classroom
- Comprehensive student management system for the convenience of teachers, students and parents
- Independent learning functionality on the GALAXY Tab for after-school learning activities
- Efficiently sharing resources in the subject-dedicated classrooms scheme where the students move around frequently
- Improvement in student performance by providing a convenient learning environment
- Infrastructure that enhances the efficiency of teachers’ class work
As an autonomous public school, Daegu High adopted a subject-dedicated classrooms scheme where the students move from classroom to classroom for classes that are appropriate to their academic level. This required an IT infrastructure for minimising any disruption caused by the movement of students and providing teachers with a more efficient classroom environment.
- GALAXY Tab optimised for a mobile environment
- Comprehensive student management system running on GALAXY Tab
- Wireless screen-sharing with the TV in the classroom
The student management system has a user interface optimised for seven-inch GALAXY Tabs and offers multiple functionalities available for the subject-dedicated classrooms scheme. It enables an RFID-based roll call and connects Galaxy Tabs with the TV in the classroom for a more efficient learning environment.
"We are the first school to adopt a student management system running on GALAXY Tab. The solution helps us create synergy and address issues associated with subject-dedicated classrooms scheme such as roll call."
- Yongdo Lee Principal, Daegu High School
- Greater satisfaction among school members after the introduction of GALAXY Tab
- Increased efficiency of the subject-dedicated classrooms scheme through the comprehensive student management system
- Support for after-school independent learning with a variety of features on the GALAXY Tab
The student management system running on GALAXY Tab has helped increase satisfaction among the teachers, students and parents. It also facilitates roll call, real-time management of merit and demerit points, student counselling and communication with parents, and increases the efficiency of the subject-dedicated classrooms scheme. In addition, the system provides independent learning features optimised for Galaxy Tab, which are available for students to use after school.
GALAXY Tab 2 10.1