Samsung GALAXY Note Series welcomes new member
GALAXY Note 10.1’s big screen extends room for writing
and drawing,unleashing infinite creativity
Note, The New Way
HONG KONG – August 9, 2012 – Samsung Electronics Hong Kong Co., Ltd, a leading global mobile phone provider, has officially launched GALAXY Note 10.1. This new device extends GALAXY Note’s unique features onto a 10.1-inch screen, and provides 1.4 GHz quad-core processor, 2GB RAM and Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system. GALAXY Note 10.1 brings consumers a brand new mobile experience, unleashing a broader creative space, and stimulating endless possibilities.
“GALAXY Note, which was launched last year, has opened a new field of mobile products for the market, broken the boundaries of smartphones and tablets, and also introduced the unique S Pen to the market. Since the launch, GALAXY Note has been popular among the consumers, given that it has outstanding sales performance and has marked a huge success in Samsung’s innovation in technology,” Yiyin Zhao, Product Marketing Director of Samsung Electronics commented. “The arrival of GALAXY Note 10.1 not only expands the GALAXY Note Series, but also brings consumers’ creativity into full play with its larger screen, experiencing this innovative mobile device in a brand new way. With GALAXY Note 10.1, we look forward to sharing Samsung’s innovative achievements with the consumers, hoping that they can take full advantage of this innovative product, unleashing infinite creativity, and at the same time enhancing intelligent digital life.”
Larger screen unleashes more creative use
Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 is equipped with 10.1-inch large screen (1280 x 800 pixels), allowing users to have a much broader perspective. The high quality and powerful screen brings reality into the vision. In addition, the screen of GALAXY Not 10.1 provides users with more writing and drawing space, allowing them to enjoy realistic writing experience, and making note-taking and drawing much more proficient.
On the other hand, GALAXY Note 10.1 has multiple functions that can be fully leveraged on the big screen:
Samsung’s exclusive Multi Screen
GALAXY Note 10.1 comes with Samsung’s exclusive Multi Screen function, where user can simultaneously shows two application screens on the 10.1-inch screen and switch windows freely, including S Note, video player, internet browser, Polaris Office, e-mail and media browser. GALAXY Note 10.1 greatly increases work, learning and creative efficiency. For example, users can open the internet browser on the left side of the screen, while opening S Note on the right at the same time. Users can instantly record important information or capture images from the internet, and then paste it onto S Note without having to repeatedly open a different application, providing more convenience for use.
Pop up play
Having its first debut at the launch of the flagship smartphone GALAXY S III, Pop up play this time lands on GALAXY Note 10.1, allowing users to make full use of the 10.1-inch screen and quad-core processor. Through the Pop up play function, users can view video clips and run other functions smoothly at the same time, for example, replying text messages, checking emails or browsing the internet without having to close or restart the video clip, allowing users to play video clips arbitrarily.
S Pen helps to unleash unlimited creativity
The superior features of Samsung’s original S Pen include image and video capture, Cut & Paste, writing and drawing. Users can freely capture images from the browser, then paste it onto S Note and add personal text and graphics, sharing them to the social network, or using Polaris Office to review and modify files. GALAXY Note 10.1’s new generation of S Pen greatly enhances users’ note-taking and drawing experience. User can pre-set and save colour and thickness of the S Pen writings, allowing user to switch quickly when writing or drawing, significantly improving the overall user experience. The new S Pen possesses better accuracy and sensitivity, increasing user’s handwriting experience and providing more comfort in use.
Besides, S Note is also Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1’s key feature, allowing users to make full user of the large screen and S Pen. Not only can users quickly transcribe the information they need, they can also organise their note at ease:
· Shape Match: Automatically recognizes users’ hand-drawn graphics, providing more convenience in drawing. For example, when users draws a circle or square to mark notes, Shape Match function will automatically align and digitalize these graphics, making the notes look more neat.
· Formula Match: Converts any mathematical formula written with S Pen into digital text. Even though managing complex formula, Formula Match function can automatically identify them without having users to search for the right symbols on the keyboard. Through Formula Match, users can immediately search for the appropriate method of calculation in the browser, allowing GALAXY Note 10.1 to become a fully-equipped learning tool.
· Knowledge Search: text written by users can be searched through the Wolfram Alpha database and retrieve related information and background.
· Handwriting to text: Converts handwritten words into digitalized text.
· 8 new templates: The rich S Note provides 8 templates with different style, including: General notes, Sketchbook, Meeting notes, Magazine, My Diary, Travel, Book and Memo.
The most powerful photo editing application Adobe® Photoshop® Touch
Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 is the first mobile device that comes with built-in Adobe Photoshop Touch. Photoshop Touch and GALAXY Note 10.1’s superior drawing and writing function is a natural fit, where S Pen allows cropping and editing images to be handier. Users can use the more sensitive S Pen to perform post-production of images with professional effects anywhere, including layer, background removal, tools selection, adjustment and filters to produce captivating work, for example, converting pictures into pencil sketches, erasing passers-by in pictures, or adding photo frames etc. Users can instantly upload their work onto social websites to share with family and friends, and enjoy the creative fun of GALAXY Note 10.1.
High-performance hardware configuration to operate more smoothly
With 1.4GHz quad-core processor and 2GB RAM, GALAXY Note 10.1 can easily cope with various types of applications, and simultaneously and smoothly runs Multi Screen and Pop up play functions, enjoying real multitasking operation. Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 runs on Android v4.0.4 operating system. With Samsung’s homemade TOUCHWiZ user interface, users are provided with fast-speed browsing experience and efficient multitasking. GALAXY Note 10.1 supports HSPA+ 21Mps mobile data transfer, and users can instantly upload photos or download music, allowing faster and smoother information sharing. GALAXY Note 10.1 also uses 7000mAh ultra-high capacity battery, where users should not have to worry about depleted battery when taking notes during a long meeting.
Additionally, the Ice Cream Sandwich operating system brings an extraordinary experience to the GALAXY Note 10.1 users: Face and Signature Unlock greatly enhances the phone’s security. Users can use S Pen to capture video screens (Screen Capture).
Samsung Apps featured applications
Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 users are able to enjoy more exclusive service than other Android smart device users. Users can download a wide range of applications through Samsung Apps, assisting them to integrate into smart life. GALAXY Note 10.1 selected applications and Samsung Apps exclusive offer includes:
· ClickPlay: GALAXY Note 10.1 users can download the ClickPlay App from Samsung Apps to enjoy exclusive free movie viewings of “Thomas & Friends™ - HERO OF THE RAILS” and “Thomas & Friends™ - Misty Island Rescue”! BBC’s Hit TV show “Sherlock Series 1” (Episode 1 - A Study in Pink) and documentary “Life” (Episode 1: Challenges of Life) are also exclusive free for enjoyment! The offer will only last until November 30, 2012.
· Poems of Tang: Real-person reading and stroke order demonstration, bringing you your own handwriting in the Tang dynasty style, and sharing your work on the social network! Exclusive download for Samsung Apps users!
· LAZY RUN!: The popular character Penguin Ding Ding, vows to leave from the Office of Hell! Use the latest writing function to draw your best escape route! Exclusive download for Samsung Apps users!
· Baby Lesson: Tool that inspires children’s brain in learning basics, parents can make self-made learning cards and share it among specific platforms. Exclusive download for Samsung Apps users!
· U Magazine eMagazine: Hong Kong Comprehensive Travel & Leisure Weekly Magazine which comes in 3 books namely Travel, Food, Life & Weekend. Samsung Apps users can enjoy priority download and as low as 35% off for subscription discount!
· Throne of Swords: A visually stunning and immersive 3D strategy multiplayer game. Play through quests or join others in massive PvP battle. Priority download for Samsung Apps users!
· Dungeon Hunter 2 HD: Experience the best action RPG, adventure game with the return to a more fearsome Gothicus! Free trial for Samsung Apps users!
· iSink U: Pirates Edition: Artificial Life presents iSink U, a new interpretation of the classic naval strategy game!
Moreover, Google Play has over 400,000 applications for users to enjoy the full capacity of the Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1. Users can log-in to their account, for example Google+, Google Search™, Voice Search™, GTalk™, YouTube™, Gmail™ and Google Maps™.
Diversified accessories to meet different needs
Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 is equipped with a variety of special accessories. Users can choose freely, meeting different needs for everyone, including:
· Book cover: Book-side open style design provides full protection for GALAXY Note 10.1, while it can also be folded into a desk stand for convenient use
· Desk charger: Users can place GALAXY Note 10.1 directly onto the trendy desk charger, while at the same time act as a desk stand
· Extra S Pen: To provide users with a wide range of intimate choice, with the preferences of different thickness for the tip of S Pen, allowing more convenience while drawing
· Leather case: With black and brown cases to choose from for different types of users, while providing protection for GALAXY Note 10.1
· Keyboard charger: With the keyboard specially made for GALAXY Note 10.1, combining it with the charging dock, users can compose various types of word processing or e-mail.
GALAXY Note LTE
To meet the strong demand of the market for 4G LTE devices, following the earlier launch of GALAXY S II LTE and GALAXY Tab 8.9 LTE, and at the same time to further expand the GALAXY Note Series, Samsung offers GALAXY Note LTE, bringing the 4G LTE high-speed mobile data transfer technology onto the popular GALAXY Note, and aiming to let consumers enjoy the advantage of 4G LTE technology. GALAXY Note LTE has upgraded to 1.5 GHz dual-core processor, giving users extraordinary high-speed experience anywhere else. It peaks download speed up to 100Mps, which is 5 times faster than traditional 3G. Multimedia files can be downloaded at instant moment and 1.5 GB HD movies for 2 minutes only, and there is no more wait for downloading and uploading images and video clips on social websites.
Availability and suggest retail prices
Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 is officially available on August 16. The suggested retail price of Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 is HKD 4,998. GALAXY Note LTE will be available soon.
For details of Samsung smartphone and tablet, please visit www.samsung.com, or contact Samsung customer service hotline at (852) 3698 4698.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2011 consolidated sales of US$143.1 billion. Employing approximately 206,000 people in 197 offices across 72 countries, the company operates two separate organizations to coordinate its nine independent business units: Digital Media & Communications, comprising Visual Display, Mobile Communications, Telecommunication Systems, Digital Appliances, IT Solutions, and Digital Imaging; and Device Solutions, consisting of Memory, System LSI and LED. Recognized for its industry-leading performance across a range of economic, environmental and social criteria, Samsung Electronics was named the world’s most sustainable technology company in the 2011 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.