- Mr. B D Park appointed Regional President & CEO for Samsung South West Asia Operations
- Samsung creates a new mobile category in the Indian market by launching its revolutionary Galaxy Note with the market's largest HD Super AMOLED display, supreme portability and advanced Smart Pen feature to meet the consumers' creativity and productivity needs
- Samsung India strengthened its operations in the country by stepping up its investments in its mobile manufacturing facility at Noida. The Company brought in investments of over US$ 70 million towards tripling the mobile manufacturing capacity at Noida.
- Samsung South West Asia organised its first regional forum held under the theme of "Smarter Life". Announced Samsung's Smarter Life philosophy: Smart Design, Smart Experiences and Smart Connections.
- Brought the Nobel Museum's traveling exhibition “Alfred Nobel – Networks of Innovation” exhibition to India. The exhibition presents the entrepreneur and innovator Alfred Nobel's life through the latest technology, developed in collaboration with Samsung Electronics.
- Samsung India's state- of- the art refrigerator manufacturing facility at Sriperumbudur, Chennai was inaugurated on site by Dr. M.K Stalin, the Hon'ble Deputy Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu and H.E Mr Kim Joong Keun, Ambassador of the Republic of Korea to India along with Mr J S Shin, President & CEO, Samsung South West Asia.
- The First Company to launch Tablets in the Indian market, with the Galaxy tab 7”
- Samsung Electronics proposed a CDM project in India with government, environmental agencies and vendors to respond to climate change.
- Launches the first of its kind Samsung Takeback and Recycle (STAR) Program in India aimed at generating awareness and educating consumers on the importance of recycling e-waste
- Mr J S Shin appointed Regional President & CEO for Samsung South West Asia Operations
- Samsung Manufacturing Facility at Sriperumbudur inaugurated by the Hon'ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Dr Kalaignar M Karunanidhi and Samsung Vice Chairman & CEO, Mr Jong Yong Yun
- Samsung India Software Centre (SISC) made the Global Hub for Software development for Samsung's worldwide requirements for Digital Media products
- Mr H B Lee appointed as the President & CEO of Samsung South West Asia Headquarters.
- MoU signed with Tamil Nadu Government for setting up a second manufacturing Complex at Sriperumbudur, near Chennai
- Samsung commences manufacture of LCD TVs in India
- Samsung awarded as the Best Retailer of the year 2005 in the consumer Durables category by the India Retail Forum.
- Mr S H Oh appointed as President & CEO of Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.
- Samsung received the Golden Peacock Special commendation Certificate for Corporate Social Responsibility (Private Sector) for the year 2004 from Mr. Shivraj Patil, Union Home Minister.
- India made regional headquarters for Samsung Southwest Asia.
- Inauguration Samsung's new, High-Tech, advanced Refrigerator facility.
- Commencement of production at refrigerator facility in Noida.
- Software technology park set up at Noida
- Construction commences for 5,000,000 refrigerator plant in Noida
- Samsung India wins the Rajiv Gandhi National Quality Commendation Certificate for Best Quality in the Electrical and Electronics Industry for the Year 1999
- Samsung India begins the domestic production of Fully automatic washing machines at its Noida facility.
- Samsung's seventh Colour Monitor Plant in the world and the First Colour Monitor Plant in India commences production. Plant Capacity: 1.5 million units
- Colour monitor plant set up
Mr. K S Kim, MD of Samsung India between September 1998 - March 2001 returns to Korea as Sr. Vice President, Global Display Division, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
Mr. S S Lee takes over charge as Managing Director, Samsung India. Mr. Lee was MD of Samsung's subsidiary in Vietnam between January 1995 and March 2001.
- Samsung India announces its Corporate Initiative for the Year 2001 -To be a Digital E-Company
- On December 2, 2000, Samsung India completed 5 Years of Operations in the country.
- Vice Chairman & CEO, Samsung Electronics, Mr. Jong Yong Yun visits India Announces fresh investments of US$10 million for setting up a high tech, state-of-the-art Colour Monitor Plant in India.
- Samsung India commences exports of 'Made in India' Colour televisions to Western Europe Samsung sponsors the Indian Olympic Team to the 2000 Sydney Olympics
- Samsung India produces its One Millionth Colour television in India - The first MNC to achieve this milestone in India
- Launch of Samsung Electronics India (P) Ltd - Samsung's 100 per cent subsidiary for IT and Telecom products in the country
- Sets up a Hardware R & D Centre for Colour Television at Noida.
- Samsung Running Festival held at New Delhi. Part of Samsung's Bangkok Asian Games Programme, it drew participation from around 8000 people from all walks of life.Samsung awarded 'SAP Star Award' by SAP AG
- Mr. K. S. Kim appointed as the new Managing Director of Samsung India. Took charge from Mr. B. M. Park who was MD, Samsung India between August 1995-September 1998.
- All India operations with launch in East
- Sponsorship of the lighting of the Permanent Asian Games Flame Ceremony at the National Stadium, New Delhi.
- Sponsorship of Indian Contingent to 13th Asian Games in Bangkok.
- CTV Factory Inaugurated with Initial Plant Capacity of 400,000 units per annum
- Foundation Stone laid for CTV Factory at Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- Launch in South Home Appliances Launch
- Samsung India Electronics (SIEL) products launched in India.
- Certificate for commencement of business received by Samsung India