Samsung India: Highlights
- Samsung’s Largest Experience Store opened in South Delhi, India
- Samsung Launches Z2, the first Tizen powered 4G smartphone
- Samsung moved to a new Corporate Headquarter at Two Horizon Center, Gurgaon, Haryana.
- Samsung Galaxy J2 2016 launched with industry first Turbo Speed Technology and Smart Glow
- Announced 44 new TV models in SUHD TV SMART TV and Joy Beat Range with 11 Meaningful Innovations
- Introduced Galaxy Tab Iris equipped with Iris recognition technology for government and enterprises in India
- Received special recognition for the Most Attractive Employer, CE industry, Randstad
- Launched new mobile Innovation: Made for India S bike mode
- Awarded for the Most Happy Customers at TeleAnalysis Leadership Awards
- Launched Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge, powers them with 7 Meaningful Innovations
- Awarded as the Most Trusted Brand by The Brand Trust Report, India
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge and Note 5 awarded as the Most Stylish Smartphone of the year by CNBC Awaaz TechGuru
- Samsung India Electronics expanded its Smart Class initiative across West Bengal
- Samsung and Haryana Government signed agreement to provide quality healthcare for patients in Civil Hospital, Gurgaon
- Golden Globe Tigers Summit Awards: Samsung India was awarded for Best Project Collaboration for its Samsung Technical School Programme under the Excellence for Sustainability Leadership Category
- Golden Globe Tigers Summit Awards: Samsung India was awarded for Support and Improving the Quality of Education for its Samsung Smart Class Programme under the Excellence and Leadership in CSR Category
- Samsung announces expansion of Samsung India Electronic plant by Akhilesh Yadav, Honorable Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh
- Mr. HC Hong appointed President & CEO of Samsung India
- Samsung India donates INR 2.92 crore to PM’s National Relief Fund
- Samsung and Government of Bihar signs an MoU to set up a Samsung Technical School at Women’s ITI, Patna
- Samsung Launches CLX-9200 & SCX-8100 Series Printers
- Samsung Unveils the Samsung Z1, the First Tizen Powered Smartphone; India chosen for launch
- Samsung Brings confluence of Style and Technology with the Launch of four Smart phones - GALAXY A5, A3, E7 and E5
- Samsung Southwest Asia FORUM 2015 held in Bangkok
- Samsung launches ‘Guru Shiksha’ programme to train ITI teachers on the Advanced Repair and Industrial Skills Enhancement or A.R.I.S.E program, which is used in Samsung Technical Schools
- Samsung received the Golden Peacock Award for CSR for its flagship initiative Samsung Smart Class
Samsung and Ministry of MSME announced their partnership to set up Technical Schools at 10 MSME Technology Centres across India.
Three MSME-Samsung Technical Schools were set up in 2014, at New Delhi, Hyderabad and Varanasi
- Samsung announced the setting up of Technical Schools in West Bengal, with the first one set up at ITI Gariahat, Kolkata
- The first batch of A.R.I.S.E. students graduated from Samsung Technical Schools in ITI Dheerpur and ITI Gariahat
- Samsung declared a new era of Curved TV by unveiling world’s first Curved UHD TV in India with Sonam Kapoor
- Samsung announced its plan to open 4,000 stores in small towns
- Samsung strengthened customer service network with launch of sixth branded customer service plaza
- Samsung donated Rs 3 crores to PM's national relief fund for Jammu & Kashmir floods disaster relief
- Samsung organzises send-off and felicitation ceremony for Asian Games 2014
- Announces the Launch of Samsung’s flagship device - Samsung Galaxy S5
- Samsung Announces Non-stop Entertainment with Club Samsung
- Samsung Announces Smart Learning: India’s First Ever Digital Education Store
- Samsung launches new Galaxy App Store
- Samsung announces the launch of Galaxy Core 2
- Samsung launches new NX Mini Smart Camera on Amazon.in
- Samsung launches first premier ultrasound with 5D technology
- Samsung-Tata tie up for in-car infotainment
- Samsung Expands affordable smartphone range with Star 2, Star Advance and Ace NXT
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha now available in Sleek Silver
- Samsung Gear S Now Also Available on Amazon.in
- Samsung expands its Iconic Note Series with Galaxy Note 4 and Gear S
- Samsung launches Galaxy Grand Prime
- Samsung Unveils New Design Approach with Galaxy Alpha
- The New Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Talks Big
- Samsung launches Galaxy S5 4G smartphone in India
- Consumer launch for Galaxy S5 – Delhi & Bangalore
- Samsung launches the UHD TV in India and organises a reviewer’s session for the same
- Samsung announces the launch of ‘Slim Fry ovens’
- Samsung Electronics signs an MoU with the Department of Technical Education, Delhi, to set up a Samsung Technical School in ITI Dheerpur
- Samsung inaugurates a Samsung Smart Class in Sriperumbudur near its factory, set up by Samsung employee volunteers from HQ
- Samsung announces the adoption of Baidpura village in Greater Noida as its ‘Nanum Village’ project; a global CSR program where a village is adopted and its health and education infrastructure are enhanced.
- Announces the regional language UI in 9 Indian languages on Samsung Mobiles
- Launch of Samsung’s flagship device - Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Leverage Samsung’s foray into wearable technology with the launch of Galaxy Gear in India
- Samsung launches Galaxy S Duos
- Galaxy Trend & Star Pro Launch
- Galaxy Golden Launch
- Galaxy Gear compatibility with six more device
- Samsung announced launch of A3 printers
- Samsung launches new wireless Blue tooth speakers
- Mr. B D Park appointed Regional President & CEO for Samsung Southwest Asia Operations
- Samsung creates a new mobile category in the Indian market by launching its revolutionary Galaxy Note with the market's largest HD Super AMOLED display, supreme portability and advanced Smart Pen feature to meet the consumers' creativity and productivity needs
- Samsung India strengthened its operations in the country by stepping up its investments in its mobile manufacturing facility at Noida. The Company brought in investments of over US$ 70 million towards tripling the mobile manufacturing capacity at Noida.
- Samsung Southwest Asia organised its first regional forum held under the theme of "Smarter Life". Announced Samsung's Smarter Life philosophy: Smart Design, Smart Experiences and Smart Connections.
- Brought the Nobel Museum's traveling exhibition “Alfred Nobel – Networks of Innovation” exhibition to India. The exhibition presents the entrepreneur and innovator Alfred Nobel's life through the latest technology, developed in collaboration with Samsung Electronics.
- Samsung India's state- of- the art refrigerator manufacturing facility at Sriperumbudur, Chennai was inaugurated on site by Dr. M.K Stalin, the Hon'ble Deputy Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu and H.E Mr Kim Joong Keun, Ambassador of the Republic of Korea to India along with Mr J S Shin, President & CEO, Samsung Southwest Asia.
- The First Company to launch Tablets in the Indian market, with the Galaxy tab 7”
- Samsung Electronics proposed a CDM project in India with government, environmental agencies and vendors to respond to climate change.
- Launches the first of its kind Samsung Takeback and Recycle (STAR) Program in India aimed at generating awareness and educating consumers on the importance of recycling e-waste
- Mr J S Shin appointed Regional President & CEO for Samsung Southwest Asia Operations
- Samsung Manufacturing Facility at Sriperumbudur inaugurated by the Hon'ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Dr Kalaignar M Karunanidhi and Samsung Vice Chairman & CEO, Mr Jong Yong Yun
- Samsung India Software Centre (SISC) made the Global Hub for Software development for Samsung's worldwide requirements for Digital Media products
- Mr H B Lee appointed as the President & CEO of Samsung Southwest Asia Headquarters.
- MoU signed with Tamil Nadu Government for setting up a second manufacturing Complex at Sriperumbudur, near Chennai
- Samsung commences manufacture of LCD TVs in India
- Samsung awarded as the Best Retailer of the year 2005 in the consumer Durables category by the India Retail Forum.
- Mr S H Oh appointed as President & CEO of Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.
- Samsung received the Golden Peacock Special commendation Certificate for Corporate Social Responsibility (Private Sector) for the year 2004 from Mr. Shivraj Patil, Union Home Minister.
- India made regional headquarters for Samsung Southwest Asia.
- Inauguration Samsung's new, High-Tech, advanced Refrigerator facility.
- Commencement of production at refrigerator facility in Noida.
- Software technology park set up at Noida
- Construction commences for 5,000,000 refrigerator plant in Noida
- Samsung India wins the Rajiv Gandhi National Quality Commendation Certificate for Best Quality in the Electrical and Electronics Industry for the Year 1999
- Samsung India begins the domestic production of Fully automatic washing machines at its Noida facility.
- Samsung's seventh Colour Monitor Plant in the world and the First Colour Monitor Plant in India commences production. Plant Capacity: 1.5 million units
- Colour monitor plant set up
- Mr. K S Kim, MD of Samsung India between September 1998 - March 2001 returns to Korea as Sr. Vice President, Global Display Division, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Mr. S S Lee takes over charge as Managing Director, Samsung India. Mr. Lee was MD of Samsung's subsidiary in Vietnam between January 1995 and March 2001.
- Samsung India announces its Corporate Initiative for the Year 2001 -To be a Digital E-Company
- On December 2, 2000, Samsung India completed 5 Years of Operations in the country.
- Vice Chairman & CEO, Samsung Electronics, Mr. Jong Yong Yun visits India Announces fresh investments of US$10 million for setting up a high tech, state-of-the-art Colour Monitor Plant in India.
- Samsung India commences exports of 'Made in India' Colour televisions to Western Europe Samsung sponsors the Indian Olympic Team to the 2000 Sydney Olympics
- Samsung India produces its One Millionth Colour television in India - The first MNC to achieve this milestone in India
- Launch of Samsung Electronics India (P) Ltd - Samsung's 100 per cent subsidiary for IT and Telecom products in the country
- Sets up a Hardware R & D Centre for Colour Television at Noida.
- Samsung Running Festival held at New Delhi. Part of Samsung's Bangkok Asian Games Programme, it drew participation from around 8000 people from all walks of life.Samsung awarded 'SAP Star Award' by SAP AG
- Mr. K. S. Kim appointed as the new Managing Director of Samsung India. Took charge from Mr. B. M. Park who was MD, Samsung India between August 1995-September 1998.
- All India operations with launch in East
- Sponsorship of the lighting of the Permanent Asian Games Flame Ceremony at the National Stadium, New Delhi.
- Sponsorship of Indian Contingent to 13th Asian Games in Bangkok.
- CTV Factory Inaugurated with Initial Plant Capacity of 400,000 units per annum
- Foundation Stone laid for CTV Factory at Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- Launch in South Home Appliances Launch
- Samsung India Electronics (SIEL) products launched in India.
- Certificate for commencement of business received by Samsung India