Samsung India: Awards
Samsung India has won several awards and recognitions for both its corporate initiatives as well as its product innovations in audio visual, home appliance, IT and telecom product categories.
- Samsung Mobile ranked India's 2nd Most Trusted Brand in India by The Economic Times Brand Equity
- Most Trusted Brand in Consumer Durables by The Economic Times Brand Equity
- Most Trusted Brand in Mobile Handset/Tablets by The Economic Times Brand Equity
- Most Trusted Brand voted in The Brand Trust Report of TRA India
- Ultra Data Saving Mode was awarded as Excellence in Mobile Device and Equipment ET Now Telecom Excellence Award
- Special Recognition Award for the most Attractive Employer, CE industry, Randstad
- Best Contact Centre at Kamikaze Customer Fest
- Best Service Leadership at Kamikaze Customer Fest
- Most Happy Customers at TeleAnalysis Leadership Awards
- Best Aftermarket Service at TeleAnalysis Leadership Awards
- Most Stylish Smartphone of the year by CNBC Awaaz TechGuru for Galaxy S6 edge
- Most Stylish Smartphone of the year by CNBC Awaaz TechGuru for Note 5
- Smartphone of the Year by NDTV Gadget Guru Awards for Galaxy S6 edge
- Smartphone of the year by Exhibit Tech Awards for Galaxy S6 edge
- Best Flagship of the Year by Mobility Excellence for Galaxy S6 edge
- Gadget of the year (Viewers' Choice) by NDTV Gadget Guru for SUHD TV
- Gold Award by Readers' Digest Trusted Brand Refrigerator Category
- 2nd Most Trusted Brand in India by The Brand Trust Report, India
- The Samsung Smart Class initiative was awarded as Excellence in Marketing, Branding & CSR under the Best Education/ Scholarship Program category in the 5th Asian Customer Engagement Forum (ACEF)
- Golden Globe Tigers Awards for "Support and Improving Quality of Education" & "Best Project Collaboration"
- The Economic Times (Top Consumer Durables company) - Samsung India received the award for 'Top Company' for Mobile handsets and tablets from Voice and Data magazine
- Business Standard (Brand Derby Award) - Samsung Galaxy S4 was ranked number 1 and Galaxy Note 3 was on 2nd position
- The Economic Times, Brand Equity (100 Most Trusted Brand) - Samsung named as one of the most trusted brands in the country as Samsung Mobile was ranked at number 17
- The Economic Times, Brand Equity (Most admired marketers in the country) - Samsung Consumer Durables and Samsung Mobile ranked number 6 and 8 respectively in a survey
- Golden Peacock Award for CSR- Samsung was awarded the Golden Peacock Award for CSR for the 4th time, for its initiatives in the areas of children's education and skill development (Samsung Smart Class and Samsung Technical Schools)
- The Best Premium Smartphone & Best Innovative Accessories- The Galaxy Note 4 and Samsung Gear S won the best premium smartphone and most innovative accessories respectively in Mobility Excellence Awards
- 91 Mobiles Award (The Best Camera Phone of the year)- The Galaxy Note 4 was awarded the accolade of the best camera phone of the year and was part of one of the best smartphones of the year 2014
- SME Channels (Tablet For Business Mobility)- Samsung was adjudged as the “Tablet For Business Mobility” by the editorial team based on the inputs from partners, customers and consulting houses
- VAR India -Samsung India was awarded the “Channel Leadership award 2014 for Best Tablet and Best LED and LFD brand at VAR India Star Nite
- Voice&Data- Samsung India received the award for ‘Top Company’ for Mobile handsets and tablets
- Agency FAQS (India's Buzziest Brands) – Samsung secured the top position
- Samsung was presented with the Golden Peacock Award for the most innovative product for the year 2011 for the MV800 digital still camera.
- Samsung‘s MV800 digital still camera bagged the Asian Photography ‘Best Innovation in Camera Technology’ award for 2011.
- Samsung awarded as the Consumer Durable Company of the year at the 2011 NDTV Profit Business Leadership Awards in recognition for its initiatives and innovations taken up to respond and adapt to the ever changing business scenario as well as exceptional ability in business performance fuelling the Indian economy.
- Samsung emerged as the Most Aspirational Brand of the Year 2011 in the Best Brands Survey 2011 conducted by Financial Express and market research agency Synovate. Samsung was ranked high for its 'Flaunt Factor' linked to its attributes like quality, brand reputation and imagery. Samsung also ranked amongst the top 3 brands in the Overall Ranking of the Top Brands of 2011 and the Most Visible Brand of 2011 list.
- Mr. JS Shin, President & CEO, Samsung Southwest Asia was awarded the prestigious “MAN OF ELECTRONICS AWARD 2011” by Consumer Electronics and Appliance Manufacturers Association for his exceptional all round contribution to the Indian Electronics and Appliances Industry. Shri. Rajeev Shukla, Hon'ble Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs handed over the award to Mr. J.S. Shin.
- Samsung Electronics was awarded the best Manufacturer of BEE Star Labeled Appliances in the Air Conditioner category by the Hon'ble Union Minister for Power, Shri Sushil kumar Shinde. The Function was presided over by the Hon'ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Manmohan Singh. Samsung won the Award based on criteria like the number of star labeled products sold, the energy savings achieved thanks to its technology and the growth in sales of energy efficient products over the previous year.
- While Samsung ranked 27th in Economic Times‘ annual Survey on the Top 100 trusted brands in India, it emerged as the most Trusted Consumer Durable brand in India, while maintaining its position as No. 2 company in the mobile phone category.
- Samsung was awarded as the ‘Tablet Company of the Year’ by Voice & Data at the V&D 100 Awards.
- Samsung was awarded the Golden Peacock Awards (GPA) For Corporate Social Responsibility for its Corporate Citizenship and Community Affairs initiatives that address education, sports, culture and environment management programs
- Samsung won 3 much coveted awards at the NDTV Gadget Guru Awards 2011 that honour innovation and products that truly make a difference in the world of technology.
- Design of the Year - 3D LED TV UA55C9000
- TV of the Year - 3D LED TV UA46C8000
- Smartphone of the Year - Galaxy S
- Samsung India won the 'Golden Peacock Eco-Innovation for the year 2010 for its for LED TV ranked as the most innovative product that shows the maximum customer satisfaction at minimum cost as determined by customers.
- Samsung won 3 awards at the NDTV Tech Life Awards 2010 to honour the year‘s coolest gadgets and the best technological innovations.
- Best Budget Mobile of the Year: Samsung Corby
- Best Television Display of the Year: Samsung 3D LED TV UA46B7000
- NDTV Gadget of the Year: (decided by the eminent jury panel and also by viewer's choice through public voting) Samsung LED 3D TV