This "Website" is operated by Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd. 20th to 24th Floor, Two Horizon Centre, Golf Course Road, Sector-43, DLF PH-V, Gurgaon, Haryana – 122202.
Personal information means any recorded information from which you may be identified. This will include the contact information you provide to us if you sign up to receive information from us and this may also include any information we may collect from you (other than on an anonymous basis) as a result of your use of the Website. Any personal information you provide and/ or register on the Website will be stored on an Samsung Electronics Company server located in South Korea or outside South Korea (the "Server").
"Services" means any functions, facilities, information, promotions or other services through this Website relating to SIEPL Products including downloading images, screensavers and wall papers as well as other products; transmission general news and information.
"User" means any person who accesses or uses the Website with Samsung’s authorisation after registering on the Website.
"Website" means www.samsung.com
Ι. Service and Use of www.samsung.com
1. The service of www.samsung.com comprises the main provisions of the following products and services:
- downloading of images, screensavers and wallpapers as well as other products for Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.
- general news and information.
2. Addressees of these services are legitimate possessors of SIEPL
3. Access to the services requires the registration of the User on the Website, www.samsung.com. Requirement for the registration is the acknowledgement and acceptance of the terms and conditions for the use of www.samsung.com as presented. If the User receives a password, it shall mean that Samsung has accepted the registration, and the User may log to the services of www.samsung.com with the use of the password.
4. The Website may contain board(s)or other forms of communication broadcasting. When a User uploads or posts an article(s), it may be displayed on the Website after confirmation of Samsung. In case of inappropriate post, it may not be displayed. Any images or articles that have been posted by a User which are related to products other than those manufactured by Samsung, can be removed without prior notice. Samsung reserves the right to delete or remove any messages or articles posted by the User at any time without prior notice. The views or comments made in the bulletin boards do not reflect the views of Samsung.
5. Samsung reserves the right to terminate a User account at any time without prior notice should a User misuse the Website or Services , or use the Website or Services in an unlawful, abusive or any other manner that Samsung deems to be inappropriate or offensive.
6. www.samsung.com constitutes an additional, voluntary and free of charge service from Samsung. Any entitlements to these services or to parts of these services are not given. Samsung is entitled at any time and in any manner to restrain or to completely cease the use of www.samsung.com.
ΙΙ. Duties of the User
1. The User of www.samsung.com undertakes to submit true and complete information required for registration. If there are changes to this data, the User will inform www.samsung.com thereof without delay.
2. The access to www.samsung.com is only available to registered Users. The granting of usufructuary rights or enabling access to or for non-authorised third parties, in any manner or form whatsoever, is not permitted. The User is responsible for non-disclosure of his password.
3. The User is prohibited from, no matter in which manner, inducting single data or records in the service of www.samsung.com and thereby modifying or corrupting the Samsung system or making it available to third parties. The User undertakes to indemnify Samsung against claims of third parties, which are lodged as a result of incorrect User data.
1. The information and products available on this Website were compiled with great diligence. Samsung can give no warranty for timeliness, correctness or completeness of the information and products provided. Samsung cannot guarantee the Website to be free from faults and without interruptions. Samsung can incur no liability for actions and decisions made on the basis of this information or these products.
2. Samsung shall endeavour to protect the information provided against viruses, but a warranty for freedom of viruses shall not be given.
3. Samsung is convinced that the products and possible pointers and links within the Website are free of illegal contents. Samsung has no influence on the present and future presentation as well as the contents of linked Websites. Thus, Samsung explicitly dissociates from the contents of all linked Websites. No liability shall be incurred for illegal, deficient contents and especially not for corruptions resulting from the utilisation or non-utilisation of such offered information.
IV. Data Protection
1. Samsung shall comply with the requirements of the data protection authority of India.
2. One of the basic principles of Samsung is not to pass on personal data of Users to third parties. Third parties within these provisions are not affiliates of Samsung in Asia.
3. In the case of "cookies" placed in a file of the browser of the User's computer, Samsung will provide for the data to be collected by means of a cookie not being connected to the User, so long and as the User is not informed as to which data is collected and if he has not agreed to a collection of his data. If the User declares his consent, the cookie will only record the general structure of use and be used to identify the User.
4. The User may forbid Samsung at any time from directly contacting him for advertising or marketing purposes. The User is entitled to obtain information about his data recorded, to inspect such data and to request correction of such data.
5. On termination of a service subject to the registration of www.samsung.com, the data stored for the User will be deleted upon the effective notice date, unless further safe custody is envisaged by law.
V. Copy and Trademark Rights
1. All industrial property rights on products (patents, trademarks, copyrights, design rights, know-how and processes), which are presented, used or made accessible in any manner under www.samsung.com shall remain with Samsung in full or with the respective licensor.
2. Users of www.samsung.com are entitled to save the products received on their equipment; however they are not entitled to transfer the aforesaid to other items of equipment or to third parties.
VI. Modifications on Instructions of Use
Samsung reserves the right to modify the instructions of use at any time without specifying the reasons in question. Users of www.samsung.com will be informed thereof on the Website www.samsung.com. The modifications shall be taken as valid if after publication the User continues to use the service of www.samsung.com without objecting in written form within a month after publication. Upon an objection within the period of one month, Samsung is entitled to delete the respective registration without further notice.
VII. Applicable Law
1. All legal transactions concluded between Samsung and a client shall be governed by the Laws of India and of the courts situated at New Delhi only.
2. The application of UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is excluded
VIII. Public Notice
It has been brought to our notice that certain unscrupulous individuals/fraud entities (who are in no manner associated with us and indeed are strangers with no whereabouts) are issuing misleading advertisement & communications by offering various lottery/schemes to the general public with an intent to defraud them. Such activities are generally being done through announcement though private communications in the form of lottery/winning announcement, sweepstakes etc. to the public and individuals through emails, SMSs and/or by other mode (generally private ommunications), which are all part of phishing scams. Any response to such communications where personal details are being sought could result in access and misuse of your personal identity/information. In some instances they also convince and allure people to deposit cash (once and on repeated occasions) in certain specified bank(s) and/or visit links and/or provide their communication address and/or contact details to release the non-existent prizes. These individuals/entities are fraudulently and illegally misusing our company's Trademark/Corporate name and/or Trade or brand names to lure the innocent member of the public.
It is informed and cautioned to our valued customers , patrons and also the public at large to not to act upon such fraudulent and misleading communications, which are being sent with the intent to cheat the public. Please note that Samsung is in no way associated with these
entities and are not involved in any such lottery-winning announcement or any phishing activities whatsoever.
Any person who deals with such individual entity shall be doing so at her/his own risk and our company shall not be responsible and liable for any loss and/or consequences arising there from.
Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.