Samsung India has bagged the ‘Most Innovative Product’ award for its Samsung Galaxy Tab Iris, at the IESA Technovation Awards
Compact, lightweight and with an integrated Iris camera, the Galaxy Tab Iris eliminates the need for carrying multiple device attachments for authentication.
The Dual-Eye IRIS Scanner enables faster authentication by reducing the need for authentication retries.
The Galaxy Tab Iris is Samsung Knox Enabled with Secure Boot, which protects the device from unauthorized rooting attacks and produces UIDAI-compliant encrypted Iris Biometric packets.
As Iris is more stable than other biometrics, it provides more reliable and accurate authentication.
Galaxy Tab Iris has USB OTG host support which allows connecting periphery devices like barcode scanner or a printer
Galaxy Tab Iris supports Hindi, Tamil, Punjabi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Sinhala, Assamese, Nepali, Telugu, Odia and Urdu. Thus simplifying access and usage for people across India.
Highly optimised for enterprise usage, the device enables your field force to stay more productive throughout the day.
The Samsung India Identity SDK enables Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) to develop applications for India market that can take advantage of the AADHAAR based iris authentication. This SDK enables ISVs to take advantage of the IR camera capability available in the supported Samsung devices. The Samsung India Identity SDK provides a set of APIs using which the iris data can be captured and encrypted in a format that conforms to the UIDAI specifications. SEAP
- Android 5.1
- CPU Speed 1.2GHz
- CPU Type Quad-Core
- Size (Main Display) 17.80cm (7.0")
- Resolution (Main Display) 1024 x 600 (WSVGA)
- Technology (Main Display) TFT
- Color Depth (Main Display) 16M
- S Pen Support No
- Main Camera - Resolution CMOS 5.0 MP
- Main Camera - Auto Focus Yes
- Main Camera - Flash No
- Video Recording Resolution HD (1280 x 720)@30fps
- RAM Size (GB) 1.5 GB
- ROM Size (GB) 8 GB
- Available Memory (GB)* 3.6 GB
- External Memory Support MicroSD (Up to 200GB)
- Multi-SIM Single-SIM
- SIM size Micro-SIM (3FF)
- Infra 2G GSM, 3G WCDMA
- 2G GSM GSM900, DCS1800
- 3G UMTS B1(2100), B8(900)
- ANT+ No
- USB Version USB 2.0
- Location Technology GPS, Glonass, Beidou
- Earjack 3.5mm Stereo
- MHL No
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz
- Wi-Fi Direct Yes
- Bluetooth Version Bluetooth v4.1
- NFC No
- Bluetooth Profiles A2DP, AVRCP, DI, HFP, HID, HOGP, HSP, MAP, OPP, PAN, PBAP
- PC Sync. Smart Switch (PC version)
- Form Factor Tablet
- Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor
- Dimension (HxWxD, mm) 193.4 x 116.4 x 9.7
- Weight (g) 327
- Internet Usage Time(3G) (Hours) Up to 9
- Internet Usage Time(Wi-Fi) (Hours) Up to 10
- Video Playback Time (Hours) Up to 9
- Standard Battery Capacity (mAh) 3600
- Removable No
- Audio Playback Time (Hours) Up to 98
- Talk Time (3G WCDMA) (Hours) Up to 25
Audio and Video
- Video Playing Format MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
- Video Playing Resolution FHD (1920 x 1080)@30fps
- Audio Playing Format MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA
Services and Applications
- S-Voice No
- Mobile TV No
* All specifications and descriptions provided herein may be different from the actual specifications and descriptions for the product. Samsung reserves the right to make changes to this web page and the product described herein, at anytime, without obligation on Samsung to provide notification of such change. All functionality, features, specifications, GUI and other product information provided in this web page including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation. The contents within the screen are simulated images and are for demonstration purposes only.
* User Available Memory : User memory is less than the total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the device features. Actual user memory will vary depending on the operator and may change after software upgrades are performed
* Network : The bandwidths supported by the device may vary depending on the region or service provider
* Images shown here are for representational purpose only, actual may vary. All features, specifications and prices are subject to change without prior notice. Model availability may vary from location to location.
*First STQC Certified ""UIDAI integrated IRIS Authentication Device""
Galaxy Tab Iris (SM-T116IZKRINS)
2016.04.14User Manual ver 1.0