What are the different buttons and physical features that comes with Galaxy S3?
Last Update date :2017.04.19
DEVICE FRONT VIEW
- Light and Proximity Sensors: Use the ambient light level to adjust keypad access. If the light path is blocked — for example, when holding the phone close to your ear — the touchscreen will turn off. Also used for some Camera settings.
- Front-facing Camera: Allows you to take pictures of yourself when you set the camera shooting mode to Self shot.
- Indicator Icons: Show the information needed to operate your phone, such as the received signal strength, phone battery level, time, unread emails, missed calls, time, date, etc.
- Widgets: Widgets can be added for various functions. Widgets provide quick access to information without opening an application first.
- Application Icons: Allow shortcuts to your favorite applications on the Home screen.
- Home Screen Indicator: Shows which Home screen is displayed.
- Back Key: Allows you to step backward when navigating a menu or web page.
- Home Key: Allows you to return to the main Home screen from any home screen or menu. Press and hold to display your recently used applications and a shortcut to the Task Manager. Press twice to open Samsung S Voice™.
- Power/Accessory Interface Connector: Allows you to connect a Travel Charger or other optional accessories, such as a USB/data cable or a hands-free headset for convenient, hands-free conversations.
- Menu Key: Allows access to sub-menus with additional options for different features and applications such as Home screen, Phone, Contacts, Messaging, and Web. Press and hold to open Google™ Search.
- Favorites Tray: Allows quick access to important features such as Phone, Contacts, Messaging, Web, and Applications.
- LED Indicator: Displays red when charging, green when fully charged, blue when powering up, and orange when you have a waiting notification
- Earpiece: Allows you to hear the caller.
DEVICE SIDE VIEW
- Hands-free Microphone: Allows other callers to hear you when you are speaking to them using your device’s speakerphone function.
- Power/Lock Key: Allows you to power your phone on and off. Also allows you to lock or unlock the touchscreen.
- Primary Microphone: Allows other callers to hear you when you are speaking to them.
- Volume Keys: Allow you to adjust the ringer volume while in standby mode or adjust the voice volume during a call. When receiving an incoming call, briefly press down either volume button to mute the ringtone.
- 3.5mm Headset Jack: Allows you to plug in headphones.
DEVICE REAR VIEW
- Camera Lens: Allows you to take pictures and shoot videos.
- External Speaker: Allows you to hear when the speakerphone is turned on.
- Flash: Used to provide adequate light when taking pictures in dark places.
Related Model Information