How to connect to the network
CONNECTING TO THE NETWORK
To access network service or upgrade the current firmware, you must make one of the following connections. By connecting to a network, you can access the BD-LIVE, Netflix, Pandora services and software upgrades from Samsung’s update server.
Case 1 : Connecting a Direct LAN Cable to your Modem
Using the Direct LAN Cable (UTP cable, not included), connect the LAN terminal of the Blu-ray Disc Player to the LAN terminal of your modem.
• Internet access to Samsung’s update server may not be allowed. depending on the router you use or the ISP’s policy. For more information, contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
• For DSL users, please use a router to make a network connection.
Case 2 : Connecting to a Wireless IP sharer
You can connect to network with a Wireless IP sharer. See you for Wireless Network Setup.(Manual page 49)
• This unit is compatible with only Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter. (not included) (Model name: WIS09ABGN).
• The Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter is sold separately.
• Contact a Samsung Electronics agent or service center for purchasing.
• You must use a wireless IP sharer that supports IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n. (n is recommended for stable operation of the wireless network.)
• Wireless LAN, in its nature, may cause interference, depending on the use condition (AP performance, distance, obstacle, interference by other radio devices, etc).
• Set the wireless IP sharer to Infrastructure mode. Ad-hoc mode is not supported.
• When applying the security key for the AP (wireless IP sharer), only the following is supported.
1) Authentication Mode : WEP, WPAPSK, WPA2PSK
2) Encryption Type : WEP, TKIP, AES
Related Model Information