Can I personalize the background of XE740U3E Notebook PC running with Windows 8?
You can change the background color and pattern of the Start Screen in Windows 8. To personalize the Start Screen background, follow the steps below.
- Press the Windows key and C key or place your cursor in the top right corner of the screen, to open the Charms menu.
- Select Settings from the Charms menu.
- Click on Change PC Settings in the lower right corner.
- Under PC settings, select Personalize.
- Click on the Start screen header.
- Under Start Screen, there is a list of preset Start Screen designs. Click on the box that you like to select the design.
Note: At this time Microsoft only allows you to select from their preset selection. While you can add your own photo to the desktop or Lock screen, Windows 8 does not allow you to set your own photo as the Start Screen background.
- Under the preset designs is a bar of colors. Select the color that you would prefer for the Start Screen.
Related Model Information