What to do when Lens is stuck open
• The batteries in your camera have died and need to be replaced or recharged.
camera has malfunctioning and requires service.
Check the Battery Indicator on your camera.
• If the Battery Indicator indicates that the battery charge is low, replace or recharge your batteries, then retract the camera lens by performing the procedure below.
• To retract the camera lens, follow these step.;
1) Turn on your camera.
2) Press the playback button on the back of your camera. The lens on your camera should retract.
•The playback button has the following icon on or next to it:
• If the procedure above does not resolve the problem, your camera requires service.