[Windows 8] Using Windows 8 File History
Using Windows 8 File History
1. Connect an external storage device to your PC.
2. On the Windows 8 Start Screen, right click an empty space.
3. Click ‘All apps’, and click ‘Control Panel’ from Windows system folder.
4. Edit ‘View by’ settings to 'Category' then click 'System and Security'.
5. Click ‘File history’ then click ‘Select drive’.
6. Select your desired drive and click 'OK'.
7. Click ‘Turn on’ button to open File History.
8. Click ‘Exclude folders’ then click ‘Add’ button.
9. Choose the folders you want to exclude from History,
and click ‘Select Folder'.
10. Click ‘Save changes’ button to complete the saving process.
11. Click ‘Advanced Settings’ to set the file copy cycle and the
time period of keeping the saved versions.
12. Clicking 'Run now' saves the duplicate immediately
even if it's not a designated time to save.
Restoring Your Files with File History
1. Ensure an external storage device is connected to the PC,
and click ‘Restore personal files’.
2. Use the left/right button for access to the current recovery point.
3. Choose the file to restore, and click 'Restore' button.
4. To restore the file on another folder, click option button in the
upper right corer, and click ‘Restore to’.
5. Head to the folder where the file used to reside,
and find the restored file.