What is Family Safety Feature in NP740U3E?
Family Safety is a feature from Microsoft for Windows 8 PCs.
Family Safety helps you set limits on the amount of time your child can use the PC, as well as the websites, apps, and games they can use and when they can use them. The instructions provided below will help you access the Family Safety window and turn this setting on.
It can also limit the childrens usage and access.
To set up Family Safety, you will need:
- To be signed in to the Administrator Account.
- A User Account for your child.
To set up Family Safety, follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows Key and X key.
- Select Control Panel from the menu.
- Click on 'User Accounts and Family Safety'. If you only see 'Family Safety', click it and skip to step 5.
- Click Family Safety.
- Select the User you wish to set Family Safety limits on.
- Click on the circle to the left of 'On, enforce current settings'.
- If you would like to receive information on PC usage, select 'On, collect information about PC usage' under Actively reporting.
Related Model Information