What shall I do if my smart phone or tablet has been dropped on the water?
Water and corrosion can cause severe damage to your mobile phone or tablet; therefore you will have to dry it up as soon as possible.
- If your phone is still ON, try to turn it OFF.
- Remove the battery, the SIM card and all the other peripherals and covers that can be removed from the handset.
- Do not shake the phone to avoid moving water through it. Using a cloth or a paper towel, gently wipe off as much water as it is possible.
- Ensure all the parts are thoroughly dried out.
- Insert the battery and the SIM card back into the handset and try to switch it ON. If the phone will not turn ON, it could be severely damaged and will need an authorised service.
IMPORTANT: Water damage is not covered under the warranty and charges will be incurred.
To find the nearest Service centre, please check HERE.