How to use the HDMI UHD Color for Samsung UHD TV?
UHD TVs are designed to support HDMI 2.0 specifications which can accept UHD (50P/60P 4:4:4 and 4:2:2) signals, but most devices currently owned are HD/FHD resolution. The TV is already optimized to play HD/FHD signals.
If you want to connect devices with 50P/60P UHD resolutin, you need to change the HDMI UHD color setting to "On"
Important: If it is set to "On" with devices that send HD/FHD signals, the TV might not have the proper picture quality or sound.
Here are the steps to change the UHD HDMI color option.
1. Press the Menu button on the remote.
2. Use the navigation pad to select Picture.
3. Use the navigation pad to select Picture Options.
4. The picture options menu appears. Select HDMI UHD color
5. Select the option you want. Select On for UHD capable devices and Off for HD/FHD devices.
Note: This steps need to be performed for each HDMI source that has a UHD/FHD/HD device
connected to it separately.
6. Make sure to unplug the selected HDMI cable. Select Yes and the TV will restart.
Note: The TV shows "HDMI UHD Color" on the Info Banner it it is on for the current HDMI input.
Related Model Information
UA78HU9000RXMM, UA78HU9000RXTW, UA78HU9000RXZN, UA78HU9000WXHC