Expertly designed for upscale hotels, Samsung HC690 Series displays are integrated high-performing TVs that include many premium hospitality features and an easy-to-use interface. The displays contribute to a luxurious guest room atmosphere and offer superior viewing with their sleek, streamlined profiles and narrow, distraction-free bezel design thanks to Samsung’s advanced LED technology. With this very narrow bezel, which helps the display blend into the background, your guests can focus more on the projected messages, not on the device. Stylish Samsung HC690 Series displays will enhance the ambiance of your guest rooms and your hotel image.
Deliver and manage in-room TV content easily and simply with the new Samsung LYNK SINC 3.0 solution. With this innovative solution, you can manage your assets and provide interactivity for your guests without the need for cumbersome set-top boxes (STBs) or dependence on SIs. The solution gives hotel management the ability to monitor in-room TV status, such as an IP network and guest check-in and checkout status. In addition, hotel managers can remotely control TVs to efficiently perform power and firmware updates. With LYNK SINC 3.0, hotels can create unique channel lists and edit the channel mapping of available channels to tailor them to specific needs. Linked with the Property Management System (PMS) server, LYNK SINC provides fully independent and cost-effective control over content and display management.
LYNK SINC 3.0 offers a winning combination of new features that enhance the guest viewing experience for their convenience and enjoyment. For easier management, a new customisable user interface (UI) features a grid template, which can be populated with content tailored to specific guests. This content can include unique, highly customised Home screens that promote branding and impress viewers. Managers can assign various guests to groups that have similar sets of channels and content needs, which is ideal for targeting a specific group of guests such as convention attendees or tourist groups. Real-time messages can be sent to a single guest or a group of guests based on information. To further enrich the guest experience, LYNK SINC 3.0 enables hotels to provide weather information and timely flight information from selected airports using 3rd-party content providers, as well as hotel services, tourist information and more with multi-language support. In addition, Samsung apps and TV features enable guests to use familiar apps through the SINC solution and provide easy access to popular social networking sites.
Enhance guest convenience and your hotel brand, even in a no-network environment, with the Hospitality Home menu. Greet guests with a simplified Home screen that displays a live channel stream plus a welcome message, hotel information and the time and date. Increase guests’ comfort with easy Home screen access to commonly used hotel features, such as morning wake-up calls, My Channel and sleep timers. The welcome message, hotel information, and easy access features can be edited from the factory mode. Plus, these customisations can be easily cloned to a USB for efficiently applying the same content to displays in other guest rooms.
HC690 Series displays transform the guest experience by providing an in-room, multi-device entertainment hub with the following features:
* Smart View 2.0. Allow guests to watch TV channels on a broad range of mobile devices. Guests can also upload content, such as photos, videos and music files, from a mobile device to an intuitive interface on the TV for easy selection and viewing.
* Soft AP. Provide a software access point (AP) or hotspot where guests can wirelessly connect up to four devices. Guests can adjust the signal level and change channels to suit their needs.
* AllShare® technology. Enable guests to play personal content through a wireless connection on their room TV. Content includes movies, photos and music.
* Screen Mirroring. Enable guests to share the screen of a mobile device with the TV without the need for an AP. The TV shows exactly what displays on the mobile device with no content restrictions.
Enhance security with LYNK™ Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology, a software-based and cost-effective alternative to hardware-based content protection systems. As it is a fully software-based solution, Samsung LYNK™ DRM has a high adaptability to various head-ends. Also, it is easier to implement and manage, without any hardware upgrades or changes for error management and is, therefore, more cost-efficient.
System Integrator (SI) compatibility
Samsung hospitality displays are compatible with various System Integrators’ protocols at purchase. This SI compatibility helps hotel managers save their time and effort when setting up multiple protocols between SI-provided set-top boxes and displays.
Headphone ID compatibility
Give guests the luxury of listening to TV in bed without the cumbersome need to extend the headphone cable. The included Headphone ID detects headphones connected to the extension sockets next to a bed where your guests can simply plug headphones to listen to the TV without disturbing others in the room.
Provide your patients with an excellent view of the TV from anywhere in the room with a TV stand. The stand provides a flexible 20º, 60º and 90º swivel support and held in place with a wall mount kit helping to ensure the TV remains firmly in place.
Variable Speaker Out
Increase guests’ in-room mobility and enjoyment by connecting the TV’s sound to other parts of the room with the external speaker-out post. Guests can listen to their TV programs from anywhere in the room or bathroom through speakers installed in remote locations.
Sound Bar Compatibility
Couple a Samsung hospitality TV with a Sound Bar to let guests truly enjoy hearing their programming. Connected by a High-Definition Multimedia Interface® cable, settings are automatically applied, making installation a breeze. A single remote lets guests have full control over both the TV and Sound Bar.
Increase guests’ TV-viewing enjoyment by eliminating annoying interference from other remote signals in applications, such as hotel fitness centres, where multiple TVs are in close proximity. The multi-code remote can control up to 10 TVs individually in the same room.
Hotel Logo and Welcome Messages
Enhance your hotel’s brand awareness while greeting your guests with a unique hotel logo and customisable messages. Hotels can display their logos and greetings on screen for an adjustable period of 3 to 7 seconds whenever their guests turn on the TV.
Make your hospitality TVs another source of revenue and derive potential revenue from SmoovieTV.. The Samsung hospitality TV is compatible with SmoovieTV, which is a prepaid TV solution supported by the channel bank editor setting free channels and premium paid channels for your guests’ selection.
Hotel managers can easily manage and arrange the channel mix for both analogue and digital channels without the need to adjust and edit channel lists by different TV systems. Channels can be reordered and renamed to the hotel’s preference with channel mapping.
Enable guests to easily find and enjoy the programming of their choice without having to manually scroll through hundreds of TV channels. My Channel’s quick search function allows guests to find channels suited to their tastes, by country and genre.
Simply set up multiple TVs without repeating cumbersome setting processes. Hotel managers do not have to set up each individual TVs with USB Cloning. They can easily store the settings from one TV on a USB device and then clone those settings onto other TVs.
Media entertainment including movies, music, and images come alive on the screen by simply plugging a USB drive directly into the TV.
Allow your guests to check the current time on the TV whenever needed. Software Clock is a clock display solution of in-room TVs using a remote control. The guests can easily check the time with the press of ‘Info’ button using the remote control, even when the TV is off.
72-hour clock backup
Help guests easily keep track of time with a reliable clock. The clock feature continues to work for 72 hours, even after the clock is disconnected from a power source, to ensure dependable accuracy and provide guests with peace of mind.
- Backlight LED
- Screen Size 55
- HD/FHD FHD
- Resolution 1920 x 1080
- Picture Engine HyperReal Engine
- Static Contrast Ratio 5,000:1
- Response Time 6 ms
- Viewing Angle (H/V) 178/178
- Wide Color Enhancer Plus Yes
- Auto Motion Plus 100 Hz
- Film Mode Yes
- Brightness 350 cd/m²
- Dolby Dolby MS10
- DTS Studio Sound / DNSe+ DTS Studio Sound
- DTS Premium Sound / DTS Premium Sound 5.1 DTS Premium Sound 5.1
- Auto Volume Leveler Yes
- Speaker Type Down Firing + Full Range
- Sound Output (RMS) 10 watts x 2
- Variable Speaker Out 4 watts (Mono, 8 Ω)
- Smart Hub Yes
- Apps Yes
- Web Browser Yes
- Samsung SMART View Yes
- Wireless LAN Builit-in Yes
- Wi-Fi Direct Yes
- AllShare - Contents Sharing Yes
- AllShare - Screen Mirroring Yes
- ConnectShare™ (USB 2.0) Movie
- Wake On LAN Yes
- Soft AP Yes
- Instant On Yes
- Accessibility Yes
- TV SoundConnect Yes
- OSD Language Local Languages
- Digital Clean View Yes
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) Yes
- Caption (Subtitle) Yes
- Picture-In-Picture Yes
- Auto Channel Search Yes
- Auto Power Off Yes
- EPG Yes
- BT HID Built-in Yes
- USB HID Support Yes
- Teletext (TTX) Yes
- Sports/Football Mode Basic
- Game Mode Yes
- Sleep Timer Yes
- Hospitality Home Menu Yes
- Samsung LYNK™ REACH Yes
- Samsung LYNK™ REACH Server Compatibility Yes
- Samsung LYNK™ SINC Compatibility Yes
- H.Browser Compatibility Yes
- Hospitality Plug&Play (Easy Set-up) Yes
- RJ12/IR Pass Through Yes
- Power On Mode Yes
- USB Cloning Yes
- Logo Display with Time Out Setting (BMP/Movie) Yes
- Welcome Message Yes
- Music Mode (Input: PC/AV/Component/HDMI) Yes
- Music Mode Backlight on/off Yes
- Auto Source Mode Yes
- Energy Saving Mode (BLU Control) Yes
- External Clock Compatibility Yes
- External Clock Back Up Supply Yes
- External Clock Dimming Control Yes
- Software Clock Yes
- My Channel Yes
- Multi Code Remote Yes
- Screwed Remote Battery Cover Yes
- Security Mode No
- Smoovie Compatibility Yes
- Soundbar Compatibility Yes
- Samsung LYNK™ DRM Yes
- HDMI (Side/Rear) 2 / 1 EA
- USB (Side/Rear) 2 / 0 EA
- Component In (Y/Pb/Pr) (Side/Rear) No
- Composite In (AV) (Side/Rear) 1 / 0
- Ethernet (LAN) (Side/Rear) 0 / 1 EA
- Headphone (Side/Rear) 0 / 1 EA
- Headphone ID (Side/Rear) 0 / 1 EA
- Digital Audio Out (Optical) (Side/Rear) No
- Audio Out (Mini Jack) (Side/Rear) No
- PC In (D-sub) (Side/Rear) 0 / 1 EA
- PC/DVI Audio In (Mini Jack) (Side/Rear) 0 / 1 EA
- RF In (Terrestrial / Cable input) (Side/Rear) 1 / 0 EA
- RS-232C 0 / 1 (Common Use for RJ12)
- Variable Audio Out (Side/Rear) 0 / 1 EA
- Variable Audio Out Volume Control (Side/Rear) 0 / 1 EA
- RJ12 for External Control (Side/Rear) 0 / 1 EA
- RJP Jack (Remote Jack Pack) (Side/Rear) 0 / 1 EA
- DTV Tuner Built-in DVB-T / C
- Analog Tuner Yes
- Colour Black
- Stand Type Square
- Swivel (Left/Right) 90 / 90
- Set Dimension with Stand (WxHxD) 1,230.6 x 762.8 x 226.5 mm
- Set Dimension without Stand (WxHxD) 1,230.6 x 718.4 x 64.0 mm
- Package Dimension (WxHxD) 1,535.0 x 810.0 x 145.0 mm
- Set Weight with Stand 18.6 kg
- Set Weight without Stand 15.7 kg
- Package Weight 23.0 kg
- VESA Mount 400 x 400 mm
- VESA Screw Size M8
- Power Supply AC100 - 240 V 50 / 60 Hz
- Power Consumption (Rated) 162
- Power Consumption (Stand-by) 0.5 watts
- Eco Sensor Yes
- Remote Controller Model TM1240
- Battery (for Remote Control) Yes
- Power Cable Yes
- Data Cable Yes
- Quick Install Guide Yes
- Stand Mount Kit Yes
Features and specifications are subject to change without prior notification.
Premium HC690 Series 55” (HG55AC690EWXXM)
2017.06.16Installation Guide ver 01
2017.06.19Upgrade File(USB type) ver 1100.0
2016.02.11Upgrade guide ver 1.0
2016.02.11Upgrade File(USB type) ver 1015.0
2015.11.13Upgrade guide ver 1.0