The Samsung SSD 840 PRO. The top SSD for the top professionals.
An essential element for professional computing
As a perfectionist in search of the best performance and with a desire to be among the best in your field, you deserve Samsung’s SSD 840 PRO. The 840 PRO is the fastest and most-reliable SSD on the market - like nothing you’ve seen before. It assures a top-notch user experience, which guarantees better output on your behalf. The 840 PRO is the best choice for professionals looking to supercharge their workflow.
Unrivaled high performance. The top SSD for the top professionals.
The Samsung SSD 840 PRO is a high-performance SSD designed for power users. Capable of delivering up to 100,000 IOPS, the 840 PRO offers the ultimate performance for power computing when it matters most. Sophisticated performance enhancing features deliver consistent speed for demanding applications under heavy workloads.
- Client PCs, Enterprise Computing 1 (1:For enterprise PC usage (e.g.servers), a minimum of 6.7% over-provisioning (OP) is recommended and can be set through Magician)
- 512GB (1GB = 1 Billionbyte by IDEMA) * Actual usable capacity may be less (due to formatting, partitioning, operating system, applications or otherwise)
- 2.5 inch Form Factor
- SATA 6Gb/s Interface, compatible with SATA 3Gb/s & SATA 1.5Gb/s interface
- 100.00 x 69.85 x 6.80 (mm) Dimension
- Max 54.0g Weight
- Samsung Toggle DDR 2.0 NAND Flash Memory (400Mbps, 2xnm / 1xnm)
- Samsung 3-core MDX Controller
- Samsung 512MB Low Power DDR2 SDRAM cache memory
- Up to 540MB/seconds Sequential Read * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Up to 520MB/seconds Sequential Write * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
Random Read (4KB, QD32)
- Up to 100,000 IOPS Random Read * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
Random Write (4KB, QD32)
- Up to 90,000 IOPS Random Write * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
Random Read (4KB, QD1)
- Up to 9,900 IOPS Random Read * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
Random Write (4KB, QD1)
- Up to 31,000 IOPS Random Write * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Magician Software for SSD management
- TRIM Supported
- S.M.A.R.T Supported
GC (Garbage Collection)
- Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
- AES 256-bit Encryption (Class 0)
- World Wide Name supported
Device Sleep Mode Support
Average Power Consumption (system level)
- * Average: 0.19 Watts (Mobilemark2007) * Maximum: 3.75 Watts (Seq.Write@IOmeter)* Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
Power consumption (Idle)
- 0.03 Watts (Typical, DIPM enabled value) * Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
- 5V ± 5% Allowable voltage
- 1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
- 0 - 70°C Operating Temperature
- 1,500G & 0.5ms (Half sine)
- 5 Years Limited Warranty ※ For enterprise applications, 5 years limited warranty assumes a maximum average workload of 40GB/day (calculated based on host writes and on the industry standard of 3-month data retention). Workloads in excess of 40GB/day are not covered under warranty.