SAMSUNG REWARDS PROGRAM
Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING SAMSUNG REWARDS PROGRAM. By enrolling in this program, You agree to the following terms and conditions that govern the Samsung Rewards Program.
A) OVERVIEW OF SAMSUNG REWARDS PROGRAM
Samsung Rewards Program (the "Program") is a loyalty program provided in Malaysia through Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn Bhd (“Samsung”, “We” or “Us”) through which individuals (“Participant(s)”, “You” or “Your”) enrolled to participate in the Program can collect points (“Points”) that will be credited to Participant's account ("Samsung Rewards Account") by making Qualifying Transactions (defined below). Participants may redeem their Points in-app through the Samsung Rewards catalog ("Rewards Catalog").
B) ELIGIBILITY AND PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM
1. The Program is open to residents of Malaysia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older. Persons under the age of 18 years (“Minor”) may not use the Program unless their parent or legal guardian has reviewed and agreed to these Terms and Conditions. If You are a parent or legal guardian permitting a Minor to use the Program, You agree to: (i) supervise the Minor’s use of the Program; (ii) assume all risks associated with the Minor’s use of the Program, (iii) assume any liability resulting from the Minor’s use of the Program; (iv) ensure the accuracy and truthfulness of all information submitted by the Minor or, if required by the laws of Your jurisdiction, submit all required information truthfully and accurately on behalf by the Minor; and (v) assume responsibility and are bound by these Terms and Conditions for the Minor’s access and use of the Program.
2. Additionally, to participate in the Program, a Participant must:
a) Own an eligible Samsung mobile device, wearable device and other accessories as may be made available by Samsung from time to time and purchased from an authorized retailer in Malaysia (“Devices”). Current list of Devices are listed on Samsung.com/my/samsungpay;
b) Have a valid Samsung Account ID from Samsung.com. If You do not have a Samsung Account yet, please read the Samsung Service Terms and Conditions provided through this link https://account.samsung.com/membership/terms and create a new Samsung Account before using Samsung Pay. The Samsung Service Terms and Conditions form an integral part of these Terms and Conditions. In case of any inconsistency or conflict between the terms of these Terms and Conditions and the Samsung Service Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail; and
c) Install Samsung Pay or other Samsung applications made available for the Program from time to time.
3. Participation in the Program constitutes the Participant's (a) full and unconditional agreement to these Terms and Conditions and (b) representation that Participant meets the eligibility requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions. A Participant who does not comply with these Terms and Conditions may (at Samsung’s sole discretion) be prohibited from participating in the Program.
4. Registration. To enroll in this Program, the Participant will be presented with the option to register for this Program within Samsung Pay or other Samsung applications made available by Samsung from time to time and must accept and agree to these Terms and Conditions. There is a limit of one (1) Samsung Rewards Account per Samsung Account email address, regardless of whether more than one person uses the same e-mail address. The person who is the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address indicated when registering (and who otherwise meets the eligibility criteria) will be deemed the Participant.
5. Receive Notifications From Samsung: By accepting these Terms and Conditions and signing up for the Program, the Participant hereby agrees to receive email messaging to the email account associated with Participant’s Samsung Account and push notification messages from Samsung regarding the status of Your Samsung Rewards Account and Points total.
C) DURATION, MODIFICATION AND TERMINATION OF THE PROGRAM
1. The Program will continue until terminated with or without notice to Participant (e.g., service website, pop-up through application, email or etc). Samsung reserves the right to suspend or modify the Program, at its discretion, at any time with or without notice. Should You not comply with these Terms and Conditions, Your rights based on these Terms and Conditions will be automatically terminated without notice from Samsung. Termination, modification or suspension may affect a Participant's ability to redeem accumulated Points. Participant will be able to redeem Points at any time as set forth in Section E below.
2. A Participant's continued participation in the Program constitutes Participant’s acceptance of any changes to these Terms and Conditions.
D) COLLECTING POINTS
1. To use the Program with Samsung Pay:
a) Download and install Samsung Pay application on a Device (Please visit https://account.samsung.com/membership/etc/specialTC.do?fileName=samsungpay.html for Samsung Pay Terms of Service); and
Register a qualifying Credit, Debit and/ or Prepaid Card with Samsung Pay ("Qualifying Card"). Not all cards are compatible; check the Samsung Pay Support page for list of supported cards. (http://www.samsung.com/my/samsungpay).
2. Earning Points through Samsung Pay:
a) You will earn Points for each purchase using Samsung Pay made with a Device, using a Qualifying Card (a "Qualifying Transaction"). A Qualifying Transaction is complete once You authorize a payment and it is successfully completed when You receive a confirmation push notification. If multiple transactions are made within five (5) minutes of each other and/or multiple transactions are made when Device is not connected to either a cellular or WiFi network, You will only earn Points for the first Qualified Transaction. Limit: Participant may earn Points for up to 50 Qualified Transactions through Samsung Pay each month.
b) Points Earned and Tier Status for each Qualified Transaction. The number of Points that You will earn for each Qualified Transaction will depend on Your current "Tier" status. Your Tier status is based on the cumulative number of Qualified Transactions You have made in the current calendar month as set forth in the table below.
Number of Qualified Transactions made during the calendar
Points earned per
1 – 5
6 – 20
21 – 50
Participant can earn a Tier status at any
time in the month by making the required number of cumulative Qualified
Transactions. That Tier status will remain in effect as the minimum Tier Status
for the following full calendar month only (through the last day of the month
at 11:59 p.m. MYT). Participant must re-qualify for future calendar months.
For example: If You make ten (10) Qualified Transactions in Month 1, You will earn Points based on Your "Silver" status for the remaining days of Month 1 and will maintain “Silver” status for all of Month 2. If You only make three (3) Qualified Transactions in Month 2, Your status as of the beginning of Month 3 will now be Bronze.
c) Other Methods of Earning Points through Samsung Pay: Samsung may offer extra bonus Points through use of Samsung Pay to all or targeted participants for limited time periods. Samsung may notify eligible participants with this special opportunity through push notifications and to the email address associated with their Samsung Account.
3. Earning Points through Other Samsung Applications/Programs:
Samsung may, from time to time, offer Points through the use of other Samsung applications and/or programs on the Devices. Each application or program will provide details and terms regarding how to earn Points.
4. Earning Points through Special Offers:
Samsung may, from time to time, offer Points through promotional offers and as prizes in promotional games.
E) POINT VALUE, FORFEITURE OF POINTS & VIEWING POINTS:
1. No Cash Value or Transferability. Points do not constitute property, do not entitle a member to a vested right or interest and have no cash value. As such, Points are not redeemable for cash, transferable or assignable for any reason, and are not transferable upon death, as part of a domestic relations matter or otherwise by operation of law. The sale or transfer of Points is strictly prohibited. Points may not be sold on any secondary market, and any transfer of Points in a secondary market shall be deemed void. If the Program is cancelled, any Points remaining in a Participant’s Samsung Rewards Account will be forfeited without compensation. There shall be no carry over or transfer of Points to other Samsung programs, unless otherwise determined by Samsung in its sole and absolute discretion.
2. Point Expiration. Points earned in a particular month will be valid for six (6) months (“Valid Period”), through the last day of that month at 11:59 p.m. MYT. Points not redeemed during the Valid Period will expire and be forfeited.
For example, all Points earned in January 2018 will (a) expire on 31st July 2018 at 11:59 p.m. MYT; and (b) forfeited if the Points are not redeemed during the Valid Period.
3. Accrued Points Viewable in Participant’s Samsung Rewards Account. The number of Points collected by the Participant will be tracked in the Participant’s Samsung Rewards Account. Points earned will be reflected in the Participant’s Samsung Rewards Account within approximately 24 hours from the Qualifying Transaction. The Participant is responsible for ensuring that his/her Points are properly credited. Any claim for Points not credited accurately must be received by Samsung within seven (7) days of the date of claimed accrual of such Points. Manual issuance by Samsung of missing Points can take up to sixty (60) days. Samsung shall have no liability for any printing, production, typographical, mechanical or other errors in the Points summaries or Participant Reward Account. Samsung reserves the right to invalidate Points from Participant’s Samsung Rewards Account if it determines that such Points were improperly credited or obtained fraudulently. Samsung reserves the right to require proof of Qualifying Transaction. Samsung shall not be liable for any delay in the processing, posting or redemption of any Points.
F) REWARDS REDEMPTION FROM THE REWARDS CATALOGUE
1. Participant may visit the Rewards Catalogue within the Samsung Pay app to redeem items with accrued Points.
2. To redeem items from the Rewards Catalogue, follow the links and instructions to browse through the Rewards Catalogue. Once Participant has located an item Participant would like to redeem, Participant can redeem the item by clicking on the "Redeem" button. Participant will receive confirmation that the item has been redeemed and the associated Points will be deducted from his/her Samsung Rewards Account.
3. Samsung reserves the right at any time to modify the list of items available for redemption, as well as their corresponding Point values.
4. The maximum number of Points the Participant can use to redeem an item is the number of Points he or she has available in his/her Samsung Rewards Account.
5. All redemptions for items from the Rewards Catalogue are final and the Points will be deducted immediately from Participant's Samsung Rewards Account.
6. Samsung reserves the right to substitute an item from the Rewards Catalog with an item of equal or greater value if due to unavailability or for any other reason.
G) FULFILLMENT OF ITEMS REDEEMED THROUGH CATALOGUE
1. Except as otherwise provided herein, no refunds will be provided on any redeemed item. If for any reason a redeemed item is received damaged, or becomes unavailable for whatsoever reason, Samsung, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to replace the redeemed item with a similar item of equal or greater value.
2. Third Party Voucher/ Rebates/ Coupons/ Offers
H) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
1. Samsung is not responsible for any printing or computer error, omission, interruption, irregularity, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of Program materials or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of Program information due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, at any web site or any combination thereof. In the event that the Program app or Rewards Catalog is temporarily corrupted and suspended, notice of such will be provided and the Participant will be advised to (1) not redeem Points until such time that the Program, as originally intended, may be resumed and (2) that Qualified Transactions during this time period completed will not generate Points for the Participant.
2. By participating in the Program, Participant accepts all responsibility for, and hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Samsung from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, or expenses that may arise from actions taken by such Participant’s participation in the Program, or for any harm or injury caused by any third party.
3. IN NO EVENT SHALL SAMSUNG BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOST PROFITS, EVEN SAMSUNG OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS MEANS THAT PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOST PROFITS FROM SAMSUNG. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, SAMSUNG’S CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO PARTICIPANT ARISING FROM ANY CAUSE OF ACTION WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF (A) YOUR ACTUAL LOSS; OR (B) MYR1,000. THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
4. Samsung is not responsible for any products or services offered in the Rewards Catalog other than Samsung-branded products and services. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW, SAMSUNG SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES REDEEMED THROUGH THE PROGRAM, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and implied warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to You.
1. Samsung reserves the right to suspend or discontinue the eligibility of the Participant who uses, or, in the case of suspension, is suspected of using, the Program in a manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions or any laws, statutes or ordinances. In addition to suspension or discontinuance of the Program eligibility, Samsung shall have the right to take appropriate criminal and/or legal action as it deems appropriate.
2. Participant is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Participant’s Samsung Rewards Account and password and for restricting access to Participant’s Device and activity on Participant’s Samsung Rewards Account. The Participant agrees to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under Participant’s Samsung Rewards Account. Without limiting any other remedies, Samsung may suspend or terminate Participant’s Samsung Rewards Account if Samsung suspects that the Participant has engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the Program. Participation in the Program is subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any failure to abide by these Terms and Conditions, any conduct detrimental to Samsung, or any misrepresentation or fraudulent activities in connection with the Program may result, in addition to any rights or remedies available to Samsung in law or equity, in the termination of participation in the Program, as well as forfeiture of Points accrued to date, all as determined by Samsung in its sole discretion.
3. The Program is provided to individuals only. Corporations, associations, including school organizations, or other groups may not participate in the Program.
4. All questions or disputes regarding eligibility for the Program, the availability of items, or the Participant’s compliance with these Terms and Conditions will be resolved by Samsung in its sole discretion.
5. Samsung is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by the Participant.
6. Participant is responsible for the payment of all taxes which may result from Participant’s participation in the Program.
7. Participant is responsible for maintaining updated contact information associated with Participant’s Samsung Account ID.
8. Third Party Services. Samsung Pay may include links or access to third party services. Such access will not be construed as an endorsement, sponsorship, or affiliation. Samsung exercises no control whatsoever over such other third party services, and is not responsible or liable for the availability, functioning, or quality thereof or the content, advertising, products or other materials thereon. Samsung will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss (including data loss) incurred or suffered by You in connection therewith. Your access and use of third party services, including information, material, products and offers therein, is solely at Your own risk. Use of third party services may require Your agreement to separate written terms and conditions.
9. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
10. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Malaysia. The parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.
Last Updated: 8th August 2017